G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Market Research-What kind of products are you looking for to mod your g35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
we have very few rear bumpers to choose from.. no fun at all
im in with him, although the kenstyle rear would be my top choice

Old 08-28-2006, 04:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-more front strut bar options that can fit over stock engine cover
-perhaps a full cf interior trim oem replacement kit (not stick on type), similar to kits that have for e46 BMW's
-a new sublte widebody kit since TS seems to be the only one
-perhaps a TEIN Basic cost level suspension that's compatible with a EDFC type electronic device

Last edited by CarFanatic56; 08-28-2006 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
S/C or turbo that is easy set up, low maintainance, with the stock hood and good everyday driveability. Something like on the BMW 335. Basically like the Stillen without the hood.

Last edited by 5150DS; 08-29-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix the navi so it can be used while driving w/o screwing up the navigational function (needs speed to calculate position, mpg, etc).

IT IS SOOOO ANNOYING!

Old 08-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor

Thank you guys for the replies.It seems the most common reply is for lighting.I said in the one reply that there was no intrest in lighting upgrades at this time.It would be way too much work and way too expensive.Also I am not working with anyone on engine performance.How much cheaper and easier can you get than a Vortech ?Again the main focus right now is for suspension and a wide body kit.The companies I am representing can handle only so much R & D at a time.I do not believe it would be possible to get coilovers with electronic control for under $1,000. As far as carbon fiber replacement interior pieces ,unfortunatly I do not believe there would be over 100 people willing to spend the money for those pieces.People allready will not spend a few hundred dollars for overlays and they are way cheaper to produce.And as Jay said ,these ideas need to be reasonable,Sure we all want unique products,but no one can mass produce such things at a low price.I would like to do my best for the G community,that is why I am doing this,so lets help each other out. Thank you for your time.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
suspension: cheaper front strut bars!
+1 ^^^^^^^

Old 08-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by caskyline
Thank you guys for the replies.It seems the most common reply is for lighting.I said in the one reply that there was no intrest in lighting upgrades at this time.It would be way too much work and way too expensive.Also I am not working with anyone on engine performance.How much cheaper and easier can you get than a Vortech ?Again the main focus right now is for suspension and a wide body kit.The companies I am representing can handle only so much R & D at a time.I do not believe it would be possible to get coilovers with electronic control for under $1,000. As far as carbon fiber replacement interior pieces ,unfortunatly I do not believe there would be over 100 people willing to spend the money for those pieces.People allready will not spend a few hundred dollars for overlays and they are way cheaper to produce.And as Jay said ,these ideas need to be reasonable,Sure we all want unique products,but no one can mass produce such things at a low price.I would like to do my best for the G community,that is why I am doing this,so lets help each other out. Thank you for your time.
what im asking for is good coil-overs for $1000 that are compatable with the edfc controller... it doesnt have to come included, but be set up for it

Old 08-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Former Vendor

I know you didn't mean for it to be included.I do not know what kind of problems would arise from using a EDFC on other products other than Tein (such as leagal)And to make a new product,too much to do at this time.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by caskyline
I know you didn't mean for it to be included.I do not know what kind of problems would arise from using a EDFC on other products other than Tein (such as leagal)And to make a new product,too much to do at this time.
well like everyone on here we ask for the best possible product... but honestly i'd be happy with something affordable and good maybe something simple like 16way adjustable like the tokicos and a moderate drop, like tein s-techs... one thing that turns me away from most coil-over kits is the large drop in the rear forcing us to buy an additional camber kit... also something i'd really be interested in, and something im currently looking for...

camber and toe kit, and maybe some control arms, offered in an affordable packaged deal.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
suspension: cheaper front strut bars!
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
+1 ^^^^^^^
+2^^^^^^^

Old 08-30-2006, 02:56 AM
-More affordable camber kits/front and rear but mainly fronts
-wider range of suspension options aimed towards lowering with ride quality
-complete affordable package conversion for Nav/DVD mod
-passenger front seat mod to make it more comfortable, how????

These are my concerns but they may not be mass marketable.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mark4x4
-More affordable camber kits/front and rear but mainly fronts
-wider range of suspension options aimed towards lowering with ride quality
-complete affordable package conversion for Nav/DVD mod
-passenger front seat mod to make it more comfortable, how????

These are my concerns but they may not be mass marketable.
here if u have a stock screen this is the best thing u can get for it... u can get it at a shop for cheaper but its an awesome thing to wire to ur car

i helped my friend isntall one on his titan, its a sick system

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=VPA-B222

Old 08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Stronger endlinks with spherical bearings...but at a better price point than the Nismo ones.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Stronger endlinks with spherical bearings...but at a better price point than the Nismo ones.
yeah. I made a set for a lot less than the Nismo one's.But I still need to work on the adjustment.Can make some noises on bumps.I think I need to find some different heim joints.I will work on this later.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor

I understand every one wants lower prices.People have to understand no one wants to put junky products on a G35. High quality products cost more.Everybody claims they don't want to be just another Civic.Well there are alot more civics on the road and more people willing to modify them.Therefore they can mass produce products at a lower cost.The main goal for me to do this is try to find products for the G35 at lower prices and still have good quality.The first priority is to come up with lower price suspension products.It will be very hard to beat the prices of SPC products.If people think they are to pricy,than I don't know what to do.However I do believe we can make products to beat the prices of stillen,kinetix,cusco and others.As far as strut bars,one is in the works.But we all need to realize the space limits under the hood.Again this is not a Civic which has much more room.So it might not fit all applications.Plenum spacers and new plenums may get in the way.
When people ask for a different carbon fiber hood,what do you really mean?There are aleast 4-5 different styles out there,so what else can you do different?
I am surprised no one is interested in the wide body kit.
Please keep the ideas comming.I will do my best to make as much of the ideas possible.Thank you for your time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Market Research-What kind of products are you looking for to mod your g35?