G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rattles Galore...Everywhere

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles Galore...Everywhere

OKAY, so I have a G35 Coupe, and I really like the car except for one thing. RATTLES.....EVERYWHERE.....but mostly on the rear parcel shelf, and the passenger door. I have had the car into several dealers, and they all claimed to have fixed the problem, and I am not even out of the parking lot, and I hear the rattles again. Lemon Law??? HELP ME!!!!

Old 10-13-2003, 08:29 PM
Re: Rattles Galore...Everywhere

G35CNJ,

I have similar issues. The rattle from the passeger window is typical. Have the dealer take apart the door and address the window rattling. I also have center console rattle which I've foung attributes to the NAV. Dealer can't fix it although if I apply a slight pressure with my finger by the NAV area the noise goes away. There are a few TSB out there addressing rattle noises. Check with the dealer or call Infiniti Consumer Affairs.

Good Luck!

Old 10-14-2003, 12:38 AM

There's TSB's for those. Check them out...

Old 10-14-2003, 12:38 AM

There's TSB's for those. Check them out...

Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 AM

man.. same here..

it rattles on the back and now it's the passenger door panel..where the handle is.. the whole panel is pretty much lose. I know this because I can pull out about 1mm out and then I can push it back. The driver side is pretty much firm but the passenger side is loose. As for TSB and etc. plus my sunroof is making funny noises while it goes up. It even squeaks for the windows.. and I love my car and all that.. but even if I do take it to the dealer they lie to me and say "it has all been taken care of" ah $!#+ this happened twice.

In Infiniti at beaverton Oregon said same thing abuot the sunroof and my home dealer Infiniti of Denver said the same thing "everything has been addressed" I freakin gave my service guy the TSB number and even on the receipts it said it was taken care of. BUT HOW DO I KNOW IT HASN'T been fixed? because I partially unscrewed my door panel before I went to the dealer and one of the TSB required taking off the door panel. Figures.. I bet they received their payment through Infiniti of NA.

for those who are going to take the car to the dealer, tell them not to drive the car but only do the TSB and make sure they do it. This guy drove my car for 30 miles (joyride) probably didn't even care for the rattles. They said they needed to drive it to find the rattles.

Don't trust the dealer.. make sure you take photos of your car and your odometer and make sure i repeat.. don't let them drive your car. Only TSB should be performed..nothing else..I am going to try to live with the rattles.. better than these liars making money and giving me more headaches

2003 G35 Coupe 6spd

Old 10-14-2003, 01:12 AM

Hm.. I've had my car for about a month now and no problems with this. Either I got lucky on the car, or I baby it so much that its not loosened.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-14-2003, 08:19 AM

I'm just curious when each of your cars were assembled?

Mine was built in May and I've only noticed one or two minor rattles over rougher pavement. I fixed the most annoying of those (upper glove box door) with felt tape.

6MT Coupe / Laser Red / Built in May 2003
Delivered by Grubbs Infiniti

Old 10-14-2003, 09:26 AM

I have a late 2003 model coupe as well and so far I have noticed only these issues....

The passenger seat belt buckle when not in use can somtimes hit the pillar and cause noise.

There is an occasional pop/rattle related to the driver window... it goes away when the window is down or slightly cracked.

There is an occasional metallic rattle in the sunroof when it is in the open position... and only when being fairly harshly jostled.

Other than that its been quite solid. My only other issue at the moment is that there is a buzz/rattle I think is in the 6x9 Bose speakers in the rear deck which seems to happen during 'talk radio' as opposed to music. I think I just need to go in and have it replaced.

I have about 1600 miles on the car and am quite happy with it.

Max

Max - '03.5 Bright Silver / Willow Coupe, 6MT, Nav, Aero + lip and splashguards

Old 10-14-2003, 10:50 AM

at 2500, I had a rattle explosion.. well, it got alittle colder I guess. I'm hoping it quiets down some by 10K, as others have noted, before taking it to the dealer to be violated..

bs g35c lth/prem

Old 10-14-2003, 04:54 PM

I have an '04 coupe built in July '03. There are no rattles or noises anywhere in the car. I have NAV and the sunroof. It's solid as a rock.

Old 10-14-2003, 06:20 PM

DUDE i got a 2004, and there are rattles in my steering wheel, rattles on both door panels...when i am bumpin the jams! and every lil divit or bump i hit in the road causes some nasty rattling noises every where!!! will the dealer fix these problems under warranty!!???

Old 10-15-2003, 11:56 AM

I too have a 04 coupe. I just had it for one month only and i've been to the dealership over 6 times. After every problem they fix another one pops up. I've been very pacetient with them and they think just because im young they can push me around. Well, they have pushed me to the limit. First they fix of glove box rattle now my outer inner dashboard rattles/buzz when i go over rough pavement THey changed my center councle because there was a deep scratch when i first purchased it. So i got a new one, now my radio reception is crap. The speakers i have are also buzzing when i hear people talk. If i turn it loud, i can hear treble buzz. I have the 225watt speaker. I dont care how loud i turn it, i should get crisp clean music at all times. BTW: im not even turning it that loud. MY wheel aglinment is off too. IT tends to drift to the right side. Lastly, my car is loud as heck when i drive it. This car doesnt feel soild. My loner cars i have feel more soild. Its like flying in a damn airplane when i drive. The internal noise is crap. Juts my .02 of the FEW problems i have encountered. They shall feel my wrath today. I will let you guys know what is the result. imma say " Give me a new car! This is ridiculous! I paid 40 grand for this car and i expected a better quilty. I dont see how this car is named car of the year. I dont know if this is a fluke or what but im tired of coming in here and complaning my problems. For the past month i have owned this car i have visited the dealership more times than i have when i owned my acura. " then more yada yada yada.

Old 10-15-2003, 12:15 PM

I am gonna have to lay the smack down jive sukka!

DUDE that sux i feel ur pain buddy... See i have had my 04' for a little over a month now. about 1 month and 1 week! should i take my car to infiniti and drop a dime? This shizzle is pissing me off...about 15 minutes ago i just found a new rattle from my passenger door!
Now that means i got rattle under my steering column, both doors, oh yea and my shift **** is chipping!! you know that little part on top(where it says gears 1,2,3,4,5,6, and R)? well that cheap *** excuse of painted metal is chipping now! should i got in and get it fixed?? will they even fix it?
thanks, peace!

120279-shirley_oval2.jpg

Old 10-15-2003, 12:46 PM

You know.. screaming at the dealer isn't going to get you very far. If I were you, what I would do is make a list of the issues.. in writing.. number them. I'd talk to the service manager and explain that you've had the car in 6 times, and these are the outstanding things you need fixed. Take him for a ride and point them out. Tell him that the G35 should not have any rattles, drifting, or buzzing noises, and give them a chance to fix it.

Get a receipt for every issue they addressed, and then check each item on your problem list when you get the car back. If anything is not done correctly, immediately get the service manager's attention and show him it wasn't fixed.

Again, make sure you get written proof of what the dealer did, each time they do it. That'll be important if you eventually have to lemmon law the car. If you yell at them, they won't be very motivated to help you out.

By the way.. Did you test drive the car before you bought it? Did all the symptoms you describe just suddenly manifest themselves after you bought it?

Old 10-15-2003, 12:59 PM

All my problems happend like 2 days after i bought the car....During the first test drive the car was in tip top shape... but 2 days at my house...the car started rattling..a new rattle every other day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattles Galore...Everywhere