G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Carbon Fiber Hoods????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Carbon Fiber Hoods????

oh yeah i forgot to answer the real question...
i think it will look ok/acceptable if c/f hood is close to stock looking... personally i don't like aggressive lookin one... if you get aggressive one, i highly recommend body kits

Old 10-15-2003, 09:42 PM

Anyways... get to the point. My friend at Carbon Creation makes CF Hood for G35s... In fact they are selling them on ebay. Take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437422289

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Pearl_G on 10/15/03 06:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-15-2003, 10:20 PM

WOW, anyways..thanks Pearl_G, for posting something that deals with the post. Much appreciated. Do you know anything of VIS quality?

but as for the ferraris and civics..hey none of us are driving ferraris..so if we were we can make that call. But like u said i never compared the two..just saying a REAL car enthusiast doesnt discriminate on any cars...not that any of you did, just saying... peace

PS speed isnt everything..but remember there are under dogs!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com

Old 10-15-2003, 10:49 PM

VIS makes tons of knock-off bodykits for cars at a more affordable price. I've been to their shop before and it's just crazy over there, but that was a few years ago, not sure if they've changed. I really don't think they could screw up a carbon fiber hood, and i'm sure it would complement our car nicely. Don't let other peoples pompous opinions on here mess up what you like.

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 10-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guess I didn't make my point clear. Personally I'm not against CF hoods (yes they are lighter and stylish) but somehow I don't think it'd be good on our Gs. And would u really spend 500 bucks for a CF hood and paint it to match ur car color? Then what's the point getting it? To shake off 10 lbs or less? I was just suggesting. And yes alot of Integras, Civics, WRXs have em...they fit the racing look! I like how the car is white with the CF...its total sexy! BUT...I'm just not feeling it to fit a CF hood on to a G. Again...it could be just me.

PS:Z06 are slow compare to a Porsche 911 turbo...ya know what im sayin'? Thats my point. -peace

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT
Black/Graphite Ltr
Tire Pkg

Old 10-15-2003, 11:14 PM

i hate under dogs/sleeper cuz those cars make me a heart attack.. lol...

Old 10-16-2003, 01:25 PM

Thanks narkotic,
Much appreciated, where is the VIS shop in LA? cus i have a friend up here in Central Cali always talking about how he knows all the guys from VIS...but i dont know to much about VIS particulary.

I get ya SkylineGT no more drama here...but if i remember right dude (could be wrong) but the Z06 beet the porshe 911 and the NSX in track time and 1/4 mile time in R & T, or Car and driver dont remember....yes the 911 is way nicer, and mor thought out car but. compare the prices, and the corvette is more bang for the buck! well take care and peace yall! Stay up

and uhneeda you know those underdogs....they scare the crap out of me...one time my cousin was in SF, and he saw an oldsmobile EAT A NSX ALIVE!!! poor NSX, but i would still take an NSX over a Olds.. any day! laters thanks everyone!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com

121033-spanking.gif

Old 10-16-2003, 05:04 PM

Vis Racing is located at :
400 East Garvey Avenue Monterey Park, CA 91755

www.visracing.com

They are pretty good with bodykit custom fittings, no gaps no bondo marks... in fact they did a lot of the cars in Fast n' furious part I and II.

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red>

Old 10-16-2003, 05:05 PM

Just my opinion, but a CF hoods on any car, unpainted looks cheap and pathetic. It looks like you had money for a lightweight mod, and couldn't affort to paint it. It reminds me of those pre-runner trucks with the white fiberglass fenders in front or on the bedside that NEVER get painted.

Old 10-16-2003, 05:09 PM

Just to get this straight, I am completely aware of what carbon fiber is really for, it's meant to be a light weight and very durable type material. But in the import scene most people use it becuase of how nice it can look if done right.

In this case, i'ts the latter. You can even get different color carbon fiber to match. I've seen a red carbon fiber hood on a red car and it looked killer. I mean, if you put a carbon fiber dash kit in your car, you're doing that for the look of carbon fiber, not to paint it. We already know our hoods are aluminum and lightweight, so putting a CF hood on this car would be striclty for aesthetic reasons. It's all a matter of opinion. I personally think CF looks way cool.

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 10-16-2003, 05:35 PM

ricey? HA. what about all of the Audi S4 people putting CF hoods on their cars? im pretty sure an S4 isnt anything close to rice. its european...it cant even be rice! i suppose anything that people put oh their Honda's become rice now.
you cant really hate on them for wanting to make their cars look nice though...whod want to drive a stock civic around.

G35S 6MT
K&N Typhoon intake
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts (soon)
6-wire ground kit

Old 10-17-2003, 05:31 AM

You are wrong...LOL. Perhaps u missed the "turbo". A Porsche 911 turbo is a totally different beast. Z06 did beat a NSX and a Porsche 911, definitely not a turbo. Just my .03 cents. Good luck on getting the CF hood!
Post pics when ur done...maybe I'd change my mind by then

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT
Black/Graphite Ltr
Tire Pkg

Old 10-17-2003, 01:09 PM

Look at this beauty with a CF hood...looks mighty nice, and NOT ricey! : )~

oh ok my bad 911 turbo...but thats cool..i will post my pics when i get that CF hizood! thanks for everyone responds... peace ! (^_^)

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by GemmDeMoN on 10/17/03 10:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-17-2003, 01:15 PM

UGH here is the picture that didnt load of a nice CF hood!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com

121764-CF sexy.jpg

Old 01-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CF hood

here are some pics of mine, replies please,thanks

Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Hoods????-c1_1.jpg   Carbon Fiber Hoods????-b3_1.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Hoods????