G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

should i get the aerokit (AK2)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
should i get the aerokit (AK2)?

AK2 is the code for aerokit w/o spoiler, and i think it includes the side aerosplashguards, and the rear piece, am i right? everything except the front chin spoiler (infiniti told me in order to get the car with this that it has to come straight from the factory like that, there's no option to add it on now, they told me in a few months it will become available and i can pay more and get it put on... sucks that you cant have them add the front chin, what happens if you get into an accident and the front chin is dented or chipped and you want it replace? makes no sense...

but anyways, do you guys think i should get the rest of the aerokit (aero splash guards and rear piece) for now, or does it look better without?

Old 10-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: should i get the aerokit (AK2)?

I don't like the lip myself, but the splash guards do make your car look hot.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:03 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

first you ask black or white, then you ask lights on/off all the time, then you ask how high is high on APR, then you ask how to drive manual, then you ask should i get an aerokit...

a list of his questions:

1) what is the best way to wash your rims/tires
2) what do you use to dry off your car
3) how much for a decent leaf blower
4) why is everyone recommending dawn to wash the car with? isnt this for washing dishes? is it safe on the car? cant you use regular car wash soap to remove wax? why does it have to be dawn?
5) same question, different post, "you use dawn to wash your car? isnt that like a dish washing liquid? isnt that bad? why dont you use regular car wash soap? why dawn?"
6) if i install an aftermarket radio in my g35c, will the function buttons on my steering wheel still work with it? can it be wired to control an aftermarket system or no?
7) i want to install the same alpine deck as you, cda-7995, but i dont want it to have that black trimming, i want it to match the titanium trim on the OEM dash, so what parts do i need to order?
8) what has the best place to buy clear corner.
9) what are the size of the stock tweeter and midrange in the g35 coupe? i wanna replace them with my bostoc acoustic pro series 6.5 components, will they fit?
10) will this make your console look weird? since it only takes up 1 DIN and not 2? i want to put my old alpine system back in my car, but afraid it might mess up the look inside my g35, have any of you here installed an aftermarket headunit yet? and if so any pics?? i wanna replace this bose... and if i have a NAV, will it mess it up at all? or no?
11) if the infiniti i want at my local dealer doesnt have the specific model that i want, can they get it from another city in my state? because im in houston and they have the white one i wanted and its in austin, but thats 3 hours away, is it possible for them to ship it down to my local dealer? or no? or would it cost me more?
12) i saw one set for $225, thats insane, and i saw another for $69, whats the difference and which one should i get? the $225 are LED ones, but does it look better? the $69 is just the regular clear lenses i think and uses the factory bulb... what do you guys think is better? $225 is way too much for lights...
13) SHould I get Nav or Not
14) How to wash and wax a black G35 coupe (Note: he posted whether he should get a white or black coupe AFTER asking how to wash a black one)
15) so the premium bose system comes with 2 subs? how big are they? and how many watts are the subs
16) but is the clutch harder to press on the g35? im afraid i might stall or make it hop because of the clutch, please tell me if i will be able to handle it? (WHAT!!! How the hell can we tell whether or not you can handle the clutch?)
17) i heard so many dealers have to order these? and i plan on gettin one soon, i do not wanna have to wake 2-3 months for it, whats the deal on these?
18) how do you clear your headlights?
19) how much did you pay for your coupe?

questions and more questions...

next thing you know you'l be asking what type of towel, what type of toilet paper, should i close the trunk with my palm or my finger...when does it end?

I know we have trolls on this board, but what do you call this kid? He's not a troll because he "seems" excited about the car...i dunno.

I hope he's not wasting all your time in replying and reading his posts...i seriously hope he writes down all the good information you guys are giving him

i keep clicking his damn posts hoping to find something interesting...

i'm gonna hunt down all your posts kid...

sorry, it's been a long day for me

6MT Coupe, DG/G, Prem

Old 10-14-2003, 03:23 AM

why would i be a troll? im just really excited about getting my new car and would like to know as much as possible before i finally get it, sigh, why do people think i am a troll just because i am overly excited about getting the g35?

Old 10-14-2003, 03:28 AM

then ask all your questions in one post.

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

Old 10-14-2003, 03:50 AM

lol, I know what you mean drsifu1, I check these forums about 3 times a day and I can't even keep up with this kid.

now kid, we don't mind you asking a lot of questions, but please do a search or a few searches before you ask. most of the things you ask have been talked about to death before. especially things like changing head unit and car washing.

I can't wait to see what kinda questions you will ask once you actually get your car... or maybe you can do us all a favor and just buy a BMW. (just kidding!! ok that last comment was mean =P I take it back.)

Trending Topics

Old 10-14-2003, 09:28 AM

the more people answer his questions, the more questions he is going to ask... I have a friend who's like that in real life... what we do is we give him like 5 questions to ask per day and once he exceeds that, he uses up all his questions and we don't answer them anymore lol...

but seriously, the search function will answer most if not all your questions... if you're really that excited about the car, you'd be searching the forums instead of waiting for people to answer your post... you're lucky cuz on some other forums asking stupid questions get you banned lol...

Old 10-14-2003, 11:08 AM

He should use the search function! Most of it has been hashed out already.

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 10-14-2003, 12:54 PM

i had no idea your guys time was so "precious". we are sitting reading a message board for christsakes. that = too much free time imho. leave the kid alone and let him post what he likes.

Old 10-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

wow drsifu1... you must have a lot of time on your hands and really really really like this site. i say the next time you have a long day, be less counter-productive and get out there and drive your G around. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

nyckid... as they said, do a search for those "basic" questions or try to squeeze related questions into one post and they will back off. it's good that you have enthusiasm for the car and are eager to learn, but some people have grown rather attached to this site and if things don't go as they please, you will certainly hear/see about it. if you do a search and your question is still unanswered, i would go ahead and post. but for now, the search function should be your most reliable and best forum friend.

personally, i no longer click on posts with nyckid's handle on them, but i clicked on this one b/c i wanted to know what the "aerokit (AK2)" was.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 10-15-2003, 05:18 PM

HAHAHAHAHAA. thats freakin hilarious. HAHAHAHAAA. damn kid, u funny eh.
but i know how exciting it is to get a brand spanking new G. its like being a kid all over again...unless ur already a kid...in which case, cool.

G35S 6MT
K&N Typhoon intake
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts (soon)
6-wire ground kit

Old 10-15-2003, 09:28 PM

Yea good ol days of being excited about the G....now just bored!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com