G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

'06 G35 vs '04 RX8 vs '05 TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBKFizzle45
And you did all of this before adding all of the mods in your sig???

My G is completely stock - and I don't know what kind of G you have, but most G5AT's are NOT running 14.2 in 1/4's stock - most 5AT's are running in the mid 14's. 6MT's run low 14's. Obviously this all depends on the track and weather but still your saying your 5AT is as fast as a 6mt? Cuz if you are running a 14.2 bone stock 5AT - then 6MTs in your area should be running high 13's - which I have never seen before stock.

I've raced my cousins 6spd TL and its pulls on my 5AT in full auto or manumatic - not by much, but it pulls. The TL is as close a competitor to the G out there.

And its not just about off the line - on the highway none of the cars have enough power to quickly and/or substantially pull on or away from the other when kept in their powerbands.

Stock vs. Stock all three of these cars are close.

im with zero on this one. stock 5at my car pulls 5.63 0-60 and thats what a tenth of a second slower than the 6mt when an AMAZING manual driver is behind the wheel. ive raced two TLs one manual one auto and on both i pulled hard, not real hard but hard enough. if your loosing to TLs i dont know what to say =/

Old 08-30-2006, 08:03 PM
you guys are gonna make me have my car checked out...cuz I don't know why I am not experiencing the same speed on mine.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LuXXXz

wow do you realize the G35 sedan is faster then the coupe
you coupe boys can never handle that can you??

LOL, of course~ all coupe owners know sedans are faster. We also know that 5AT is fater and more powerful than 6MT. Did I miss anything else? Oh that's right, Brembo brakes are useless compared to stock non-Brembo brakes.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:36 AM
you guys are gonna make me have my car checked out...cuz I don't know why I am not experiencing the same speed on mine.

where you live? whats your elevation? get a dyno or track run.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:01 AM
id say its no contest, our G stock for stock would destroy both of those cars...4 suurreee even if ur AT

Old 08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
I live in NYC. Don't know the elevation but I do plan on tracking my car this month.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sukairain
LOL, of course~ all coupe owners know sedans are faster. We also know that 5AT is fater and more powerful than 6MT. Did I miss anything else? Oh that's right, Brembo brakes are useless compared to stock non-Brembo brakes.
check times then make smart comments

Old 08-31-2006, 02:39 PM
this thread is funny, i have pulled on a rx8 and a tl, only preformance mod i have is a cold air intake, but i prolly loose speed with my 20 inch chrome rims. IM in a coupe 6mt, and for the g sedan yes it is quick but my neighbor jus got an 06 6mt sedan and i pull on him too. im not an amazing stick driver im about average, and i really dont think i launch properly, but with that said the 2 cars are no contest, but i think the g sedan is the only one that i would consider a drivers race

Old 08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my 03 5at sedan has beat every single coupe ive raced so far
from about 0-80 by about a car
all i have is a coupe middy, but i know how to lunch that thing perfect

Old 08-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Well I would say that depends on whether your in a 5AT or 6spd...

The G35 5AT might actually be a tick slower off the line that the TL 6spd.

G35 5AT would probably jump the RX-8 off the line since they have no torque, but if launched properly chances are you wont smoke them.

5AT G vs. 5AT TL is about even.

All things being equal (driver skill and 6spds) I would say you could take the RX-8 - though not by much. The TL is just as quick as the G and depending on driver skill you might not be able to shake it.

I don't know where people get this "you should beat all three hands down" non-sense from , all three of these cars run similar 0-60's and 1/4's and it very much becomes a driver's race.

RX-8 might not have a lot of power but its almost 500lbs lighter and the TL is no slouch.

On the highway the G35 and TL are about even and if kept above 5,000 RPM you wont shake the RX-8 either.

The G35 is no rocketship - the way people in this forum seem to downplay the abilities of some of our closest competitors (330, TL, RX-8 - stock vs. stock) is just plain ignorant sometimes.

No matter how you slice it, these cars are so close performance-wise that it will almost always be a drivers race.

I hope your joking.

The G35 would win every single time... especially a 6MT.

No competition

Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
IMO, the RX8 is close, but still a bit behind unless we're talking about mountain passes.

5AT G35 vs 5AT TL, my money is on the G although I've never driven an auto G... but the auto TL is slow as f@ck...

6MT G35 vs 6MT TL, sounds like a very close run...

Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM
I have never raced a TL but I have smoked every RX-8 I have ever raced by car lengths.........

Old 08-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LuXXXz
my 03 5at sedan has beat every single coupe ive raced so far
from about 0-80 by about a car
all i have is a coupe middy, but i know how to lunch that thing perfect

Care to explain to us how to do a perfect lunch?

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/reci...nnectdots.html

Old 08-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
And you did all of this before adding all of the mods in your sig???

My G is completely stock - and I don't know what kind of G you have, but most G5AT's are NOT running 14.2 in 1/4's stock - most 5AT's are running in the mid 14's. 6MT's run low 14's. Obviously this all depends on the track and weather but still your saying your 5AT is as fast as a 6mt? Cuz if you are running a 14.2 bone stock 5AT - then 6MTs in your area should be running high 13's - which I have never seen before stock.

I've raced my cousins 6spd TL and its pulls on my 5AT in full auto or manumatic - not by much, but it pulls. The TL is as close a competitor to the G out there.

And its not just about off the line - on the highway none of the cars have enough power to quickly and/or substantially pull on or away from the other when kept in their powerbands.

Stock vs. Stock all three of these cars are close.
last time i went to the track was a while ago... about 6 months now... i ran my 14.2 on a CAI with a ram air set up and a Borla exhaust... like i said since then i've added, pullies, plenum, grounding kit, and HFC's... i've raced TL's they put up a good run until my second gear tops out, then in 3rd i start pulling... i dont know why ur G is running slow... i'd check the gas ur using (please dont say arco) and using good synthetic oil, it makes a large difference.. i've ran stock... i've done it a lot... and yea are cars stock are very restricted... by far the plenum helped the most... i've posted pictures.. and here since claiming what u have w/ out pics is useless right?

Old 09-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
last time i went to the track was a while ago... about 6 months now... i ran my 14.2 on a CAI with a ram air set up and a Borla exhaust... like i said since then i've added, pullies, plenum, grounding kit, and HFC's... i've raced TL's they put up a good run until my second gear tops out, then in 3rd i start pulling... i dont know why ur G is running slow... i'd check the gas ur using (please dont say arco) and using good synthetic oil, it makes a large difference.. i've ran stock... i've done it a lot... and yea are cars stock are very restricted... by far the plenum helped the most... i've posted pictures.. and here since claiming what u have w/ out pics is useless right?

See thats the thing - I only use 92 octane or higher from Shell or BP.

You ran a 14.2 with CAI and Borla - ok.
This other guy is saying he ran 14.2 bone stock - I find that hard to believe. I will just have to track my car and see what the timesheet indicates.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '06 G35 vs '04 RX8 vs '05 TL