G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sell G35 for the EVO IX???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The interior is as good as a 1989 Honda prelude and the exterior styling looks like a 16 year kid designed it. When I see a middle aged man driving one I just don't think it looks right..

Old 08-31-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't think the factory boost of an Evo is 24psi...I think it's more like 19psi or so. The Evo IX also has a bigger turbo than the previous generations, and most models coming off the lots, are also putting down more power than what it's rated. Plus, you can have 330 horsepower at the wheels with just an exhaust, k&n filter, ecu flash, and a simple boost controller (as cheap as $1300). How tempting is this bit of info?

I too have been tempted so I've been frequenting the Evo forums. There's something nice about a factory boosted car that you can start your foundation on.

I'll agree that the Evo is not on most people's list of good looking cars, but all those stats are undeniable and unresistable.

Not only that, but you have 4 doors, awd, and a nice sized trunk. A big plus for the outdoors types like myself.

There are no plans for family yet, but I'll probably pick one of these up when I absolutely need the four doors.

Think of it this way, if you don't absolutely need the Evo for practicality, then just use the depreciation money you would be losing by trading it in and buy yourself a FI kit and maybe some suspension pieces. You'll have car that appeals to the masses and have the performance to back it up. This is one of the good reasons I'm still holding on to my G35.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:45 PM
MIC
G35 coupe is a grown mans car. PERIOD! Keep in mind I used to own an SRT-4 and I hung around the rest of the 4 cylinder turbo crowd which included STi's, EVO, eclipses, etc. This is coming from personal experience. 4 cylinder turbo crowd = boy racer. I'm not trying to insult 4 cylinder turbo drivers but, a G35 is definately a step up.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:40 AM
If you're trading it in for pure performance then you should think of getting a used Corvette C5 Z06, or used Corvette C6. You can get both cars for under 40k, and in terms of performance you're not going to get any better.

You're going to have to spend thousands just to match the performance of a used corvette (stock), and don't forget that those bad boys can hang very well in turns, and brakes on a dime. It's not just a straight line car. It's also turns more heads then an Evo, unless you are trying to attract high school rice rocket fans.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't sell it for an EVO. Those cars are fast yes, but you get nothing and the inside is crap IMO. G's a nicer looking car.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMInfinitiChic
now you must admit an evo front end looks sooooooooooo good! and as far as comfort i found the seats and ride in them isn't that bad...i mean im not saying its as nice as the g but damn those stock recaros are pretty comfortable
Not really.

IMO, Evos and STI's are one of the ugliest cars out there. Like someone mentioned, it seems like it was designed by a 6 year old kid. I just cant imagine anyone aged 20+ driving one of those; It looks ridiculous

From a distance, its hard to tell if its an Evo [and STI] or if its a civic with a ricey spoiler.

Old 09-02-2006, 03:11 PM

i had an 05 sti..you will like it for almost a year and then get bored of it and really get tired of the look....g is so much nicer looking...and well you could boost the g and smoke evos/sti all day!.....i love my 06 g coupe!

Old 09-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Okay, here's the bottom line.

If you are more interested in function over form and want the best performance you can buy for $35K, it's hard to beat the STi or EVO. The STi and EVO are serious cars that don't give a damn about how it looks because they don't have to. They're based on rally cars. A pretty face doesn't do much good when it's covered in mud or snow.

If you are concerned about how other's perceive you and want a better balance of style and performance, get a G35.

Different strokes for different folks. I wanted the best no nonsense performance car that my $30K could get me so I got a STi. My wife wanted a more luxury and a nicer looking car with a good performance so she got a G35. Both are great cars and have their strong points and both deserve lots of respect for what they do. Don't hate just because you don't appreciate. If I had the money for the ultimate balance in both, I'd get a Z06 or a 911 Turbo.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Thumbs up

I made my mind up and it is 06 EVO IX SE.

Let's be real, with some decent mods nothing can touch th EVO. Forget the Viper and your smoked mustang.

Fastest Evo VIII 1/4 mile is 8.95seconds without nitros

Top Hp without nitros , 1041whp.

A lot of Evos 500+ WHP, just visis www.evolutionm.net to see the list

How would you like drive a daily 10s car, this is the car EVO.

G35 is nice but, maybe when i'll have 40, it's more of an older guy.

Why wait until 60 to have a vette when i can buy a vette killer now.

Attached Thumbnails Sell G35 for the EVO IX???-c-west1-medium-c-west-super-aero-bonet-louver.jpg  
Old 09-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Awesome I'm sure you'll have tons of fun. Trust me the looks grow on you once you go for a few insane drives on some twisties and associate the driving experience with the looks

Old 09-06-2006, 01:08 AM
wat i think is, u want the car for speed, cuzz i mean the price u need topay for tat 9 is pretty much more than the cost to get that turbo, yah yah?