G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is it me or are our G's asking for trouble?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Alphaking
I read half this thread and had to laugh. I would be embarrassed if people got on our forum and read this, we sound like a bunch of conceited punks and everyone wants to race us. The fact is, many people in many cars always try to race each other, its just not us. I've owned my G for three months and only had 1 race, a Saab 9-3. I used to get a lot more in my S2000. If you drive like a racer, u get more races, but to single our car out is ridiculous. My 2 cents.
Please give me those 2 cents back...

That didnt make any sence

Old 09-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Please give me those 2 cents back...

That didnt make any sence
It's sense!! You must be one of those.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:27 PM
It happened to me the first day I got my 6MT!! that night I took it out for a spin and a Pontiac GTO (6.0 V8 400hp BEAST!!!) pulled up next to me at a light. he looks at me, light turns green....floors the hell outta that thing meanwhile I'm pampering my G going through the gears slowly. we get to the next light and of course it's RED! I look at him and smile which I think pissed him off....light goes green he screeches his tires for about 15 feet. I take off slowly again and come to ANOTHER RED LIGHT!!! this time he didn't even bother to look over at my nice smile lights turns green and he makes a right turn!! can you say handjob????

Old 09-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Retired SuperMod
It's sense!! You must be one of those.
No.

You said "we all sound like conceited punks who everyone wants to race". We are just posting our experiences... thats it. No one here is being cocky about it.

It happens. Ofcourse it also happens to any other car out there, especially the "fast" looking ones.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:05 PM
I dont get that either in So Cal

Old 09-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Stilos
It happened to me the first day I got my 6MT!! that night I took it out for a spin and a Pontiac GTO (6.0 V8 400hp BEAST!!!) pulled up next to me at a light. he looks at me, light turns green....floors the hell outta that thing meanwhile I'm pampering my G going through the gears slowly. we get to the next light and of course it's RED! I look at him and smile which I think pissed him off....light goes green he screeches his tires for about 15 feet. I take off slowly again and come to ANOTHER RED LIGHT!!! this time he didn't even bother to look over at my nice smile lights turns green and he makes a right turn!! can you say handjob????

Lol that's great.

I also get harrassed with my WRX sometimes, I just ignore them and never did any street racing. Street racing is illegal and dangerous for everyone else on the road. And personnally, I think that going very fast in a straight line is pointless. If you race them, you're as dumb as they are.

Last edited by Strabismo; 09-03-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Strabismo
Lol that's great.

I also get harrassed with my WRX sometimes, I just ignore them and never did any street racing. Street racing is illegal and dangerous for everyone else on the road. And personnally, I think that going very fast in a straight line is pointless. If you race them, you're as dumb as they are.
^^my WRX had ricers harrassing me up the ***. was also irritating when random old dudes in S500s screech off the line when the light turns green and you have no idea what just happened.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:13 AM
Evil Bastard
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
No.

You said "we all sound like conceited punks who everyone wants to race". We are just posting our experiences... thats it. No one here is being cocky about it.

It happens. Ofcourse it also happens to any other car out there, especially the "fast" looking ones.

Actually, you think it makes no sense because you can't read at the high school level. Go read some books and newspapers, and then come back to this thread and read it again. You'll see the rampant "my parents are sooooooooo rich" conceit and arrogance. I'm not saying your posts display this sort of idiocy, but you should be able to see it for what it is.

Originally Posted by Scootch
i had a duide in his audi a6 2.7t tailgat eme for 1 mile in rush hour cause i guess i was going to slow for him on a f;ing 4 lane highway...so he finaly gets next to me i pay no attention to him as he was yelling out his window making jesters i hate my windows down with music on and i did the hilk hogan i cant hear u thing..he went nuts then started to make bj jesteres..i just lmao...and then i droped it in 3rd and took off..it was so funny casue this dude had to be atleast 45+ and he was totaly roadraging me lol and him trying to weave thru traffic was the funnyest..he was a noobie driver..he was hasitante and cut people off badly..i was like wat a ***..i didnt go with him..cause i coulndt be bothered watsing my gas...but just figured this would make u guys lol

joe

ps..that audi a6 2.7t isnt all cracked up liek it should be..no ***** and he was romping it..ptob just the driver...it was a new audi a6 also...wasnt impressed at all with the car nor the driver..i beat he was steaming and made up this huge story when he got home lol....truth is he was a a hole with a prob and horrible driver...this is y peole is mass get called MASS-HOLES

And you... you're just flat-out retarded.
Let me type this in a version of english with spelling and grammar you are comfortable with:

gO bakk two skool loL111!!

That said, that Hulk Hogan bit was funny... I'll give you that. But even retards can make jokes.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:29 AM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by johnbigbootie
But you're a hot chick, so it MIGHT be you...

I have 5 % tint they dont even know that. Until i decide to smoke one occasionally then i roll my window down at the next light then they feel like shiiet.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Premier Member
I read half this thread and had to laugh. I would be embarrassed if people got on our forum and read this, we sound like a bunch of conceited punks and everyone wants to race us. The fact is, many people in many cars always try to race each other, its just not us. I've owned my G for three months and only had 1 race, a Saab 9-3. I used to get a lot more in my S2000. If you drive like a racer, u get more races, but to single our car out is ridiculous. My 2 cents.
How ? Its just that people dont know that our car might look fast but compared to many other sporty looking or sport cars, ours isnt that fast. No one sounds concieted.
They are just experiances. i can see if it was us bragging about how we beat other cars or how ours are better.
Then it would be concieted.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Vix..due to the Aerodynamic Shape of the G which was developed within a Wind Tunnel at your local Super Secret Skunk Works Facility...on the road it looks like it going @ a Super Ridiculous Speed to the un educated individual. Not only while on the road..park at any local parking lots..the untrained eye would lead to belive the G to be flying at Hyper Speed. Thus in conclusion, the G will always be a G...one heck of a good looking car.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Never happens to me.!
I guess its because i pamper my baby and drive like a grandma....

Old 09-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by jinubob81
Actually, you think it makes no sense because you can't read at the high school level. Go read some books and newspapers, and then come back to this thread and read it again. You'll see the rampant "my parents are sooooooooo rich" conceit and arrogance. I'm not saying your posts display this sort of idiocy, but you should be able to see it for what it is.
Seriously just stfu.

I have no idea what your talking about.

People like you bitching at everyone should get banned

Old 09-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Imadriver
Which lane is clear? The RIGHT lane, correct?

It is illegal to pass on the right in many states. Which is why you should never be in the left lane unless you are passing someone. Whether or not you are a fast driver is irrelevant. You need to leave the left lane open for those that are driving faster so they can pass.

Following this very simple rule will eliminate, or at least significantly reduce, the behavior that you've complained about. Why not give it a try some time?
Probably because he lives in So Cal and the rules of the road aren't exactly the same. We don't have a "passing lane" on a "highway" we have a "fast lane" on our "freeways". You can drive in the fast lane, and people are allowed to pass you in the lane to your right. So you may want to vent your frustration but you're off the mark in this case.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by n2fooz
Probably because he lives in So Cal and the rules of the road aren't exactly the same. We don't have a "passing lane" on a "highway" we have a "fast lane" on our "freeways". You can drive in the fast lane, and people are allowed to pass you in the lane to your right. So you may want to vent your frustration but you're off the mark in this case.
ACTUALLY, if you'll refer to the State of California's DMV Vehicle Code section 21750 it states:

"The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle or a bicycle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left at a safe distance without interfering with the safe operation of the overtaken vehicle or bicycle, subject to the limitations and exceptions hereinafter stated."

and in section 21659:

"Upon a roadway which is divided into three lanes a vehicle shall not be driven in the extreme left lane at any time, nor in the center lane except when overtaking and passing another vehicle where the roadway ahead is clearly visible and the center lane is clear of traffic within a safe distance..."

And section 21654(a):
"Notwithstanding the prima facie speed limits, any vehicle proceeding upon a highway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall be driven in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand edge or curb, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway. "

and there's more references to the "stay right except to pass" concept but I think you get the point

I'm not the one who's frustrated here. The gentleman who started this post is frustrated with the way he is being treated on the road. I belive I've offered some advice as to how he can reduce, not only the frustration that he is feeling but also, the frustration of those around him who are familiar with the laws and courtesies of driving on public roads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it me or are our G's asking for trouble?