G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

WTF!!! Pissed off...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WTF!!! Pissed off...

So I got an oil change yesterday and everything was standard procedure. Afterwards, I hung out with some friends and came home pretty early.

The next day, I left my house and arrived at my church. I received a phone call from my dad saying that there was a pool of oil (pretty big) under where my car was. I looked underneath my car and noticed there was small oil leaking! So I quickly left church, and went home.

My car is now sitting in the garage, with newspapers underneath my car. I left a message to my dealership saying that there was a problem that occurred after the oil change I received. I literally only drove like 30 miles since the oil change and 10 of those miles were from the dealership to my house. I checked a few hours later and yes there is a new pool but there is no visible sign of oil leaking right now. Just the pool of oil.

I think maybe the oil filter was loose, or something was loose. There's also no oil on the engine bay.

Aiya. So now I'm pissed. How can a dealership mess up on an oil change. Especially something so simple, and I've gone there multiple times for oil changes.

Good thing I am not going anywhere for Labor Day (bbq at my house) b/c that would have TOTALLY ruined my plans. Jesus christ. I'm sure I can't get an appointment till the earliest Tuesday or Wednesday.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:07 PM
You can't go to church and then yell Jesus Christ!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
THE BATMOBILE
wow thats pretty fcked up

Old 09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ Obvious that his G is more important than his J.

EDIT: FOR POST 2 ^^^^

Old 09-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Maybe it's a sign from God. The tears from the weaping statues were found to be ~80% oil (and 20% chicken broth).

Seriously though, that blows. It's quite frustrating when the dealership screws up the simplest of tasks.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
One of two things has happened: first (most likely) the bastards stripped the drain plug. B: the oil filter is loose. The second one is easy.

The fact that you see no oil on the undercarriage means that it is dripping from an "easy" access point like the drain or filter.

BTW, you didn't mention if you checked the oil level. A pint of oil (not much) can look HUGE on a concrete floor. Fill it up and drive it to the dealer.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
One of two things has happened: first (most likely) the bastards stripped the drain plug. B: the oil filter is loose. The second one is easy.

The fact that you see no oil on the undercarriage means that it is dripping from an "easy" access point like the drain or filter.

BTW, you didn't mention if you checked the oil level. A pint of oil (not much) can look HUGE on a concrete floor. Fill it up and drive it to the dealer.
I agree with everything except "Fill it up and drive it to the dealer", don't do that! It's possible the old filter seal was not removed and could be doubled up with the new one; in this case the seal could still fail completely while you drive and then you need an engine instead of a leak fixed.

Trailer it to the dealer; Call Infiniti roadside assist. number.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oil change 101: After replacing the oil and oil filter, start the engine up and check carefully for any sign of oil leakage at the filter and drain plug.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy
I agree with everything except "Fill it up and drive it to the dealer", don't do that! It's possible the old filter seal was not removed and could be doubled up with the new one; in this case the seal could still fail completely while you drive and then you need an engine instead of a leak fixed.

This is true, WHAT WAS I THINKING! It's may be that the gasket from the old filter is stuck to the block and the new one is leaking with it on there double.

Thanks for correcting that!

Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
one more reason why i spend thirty minutes and change my own. I'm glad i invested in ramps and a creaper a long time ago.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I just had a problem, where my oil filter was loose, sounds like the same thing!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:29 PM
I bet you didnt make enough offering at the church

Old 09-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Why can't you get under the car, drop the front diffuser panel and check to see what's going on. It's really not rocket science. It would take all of 10 minutes and $5 worth of tools to do this. Then you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of dealing with a dealer, tow truck, etc. The issue most likely have be fixed in a matter of seconds.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
The "Stealership" strikes again...............

It's probably the oil filter not being screwed down
enough. Check it out, if that's what the problem is
tighten....add oil....take a picture of the oil puddle
with your cell.....drive back to the stealership and
shove it up the service managers a*s. At least it
will get rid of some rage........ LOL

Old 09-04-2006, 12:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy

+1. It's an easy mistake and has happened to me.

It could fail badly if you drive it, which would mean major engine failure ......

Tell the dealership to come get it, and yes check the oil b4 going to see how low the level is.....

C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF!!! Pissed off...