G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Big dog in the coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While not in my G, I have seen my secretary move her golden (80+ lbs) back and forth from the shop every Friday for the past 2 years. No issues. The dog sits in the passenger seat on a moving blanket (thick enough so toe nails do not penetrate). I assume a dog like a Boxer is big enough to trigger the airbag to activate so you might want to look into one of the pet seat belts or something to hold the pup in place as to not be severely hurt if the airbag comes out. You really might want to look into the airbag issue. Maybe the backseat is safer.

Congrads on the adoption...I would love to see some pictures of the new family member. Here is my baby...
http://www.imagemotorworks.com/scott/gemi/

-GT

Old 09-12-2006, 10:05 AM
I haven't taken my Boxer in my car yet, but my wife just got a new SUV(Sequoia) and I dont think she will be thrilled about taking her in thier.

We still have her old truck(Ford Explorer) which is great to haul the dogs around because we just fold dont the backseats and they have alot of room.

I guess well see what happens the next time we go to the groomers. I guess well have to put her in the kennel.

Someone was asking for pics of boxers, heres a couple of ours. Female about 50 lbs.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gqraverice
I have a 70 pound *** akita....i put the back seat down, put the passenger seat foward and he just jumps into the back and lays down. no problem at all.

how old is your akita, i'm think around 8 months. my akita is almost 2 years old and he weighs about 110lbs and is taller then my girlfriend standing up.

Attached Thumbnails Big dog in the coupe-rosko-2.jpg  
Old 09-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Of course you can if I can fit my pitbull in the front seat of my coupe then you can defiantely fit the boxer in there. Just make sure to cover your seats for 2 reasons- 1. If the dog has'nt been in the car for a while they may get motion sickness and give your car the sick smell with the vomit colored interior and 2.They love to move around a lot. It's like oh someone is taking me out. Lets go

Attached Thumbnails Big dog in the coupe-bluenose.jpg  
Old 09-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, if we basically would have an un-usable car for the dog. We are going to pick him up in my fiances Focus. He is about 65-70lbs already. I will post pictures up as soon as we get him. This is our first dog, my fiance keeps making fun saying she is going to wake up one night and catch me trying to teach the dog how to shift gears. We will be up in the Portsmouth NH area on Sunday, anyone know any good places to take the dog up there?

Old 09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo
Has anyone ever fit a moderately big sized dog in their coupe? I am askin cause I'm adopting a Boxer this weekend, and wonder if he will ever be able to fit, whether it be the front seat or the rear?
My Cocker Spaniels (both together) fit in my coupe fine, but cover the seats to prevent scratching...

C.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:42 PM
05Scoobyroo,

I've done the same as you are doing now.... Rescued and adopted a few boxers over the years. Now I have a 9 month old fawn with floppy ears... He's almost 50lbs and fits fine in the passenger seat with the seat laid flat.... I've put him in the back of course with blankets, but for short trips 10-15 mins max....

Good luck with your boxer, he/she will love you for adopting them!

Old 09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Quik?
Someone was asking for pics of boxers, heres a couple of ours. Female about 50 lbs.
Cute dog. We had our first Boxer for 10 years. She had cancer and some blood clotting in her heart. She had surgery a few times and was doing alright. Then one night (luckily I was home from college for that weekend), she passed away in her sleep. After that dog, I don't want another dog other than a Boxer.

Almost a month later, we went to the local Boxer Rescue Foundation in Deland, FL and got a male puppy (somewhere between 1-2yrs). They had all sorts of Boxers there, from strays to injured ones...you name it. It's $250 for any dog, which goes straight to the non-profit organization. I know my parents couldn't have asked for a better dog. He is now 85 lbs...just a tad overweight

Attached Thumbnails Big dog in the coupe-100_5268.jpg   Big dog in the coupe-100_5270.jpg  
Old 09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I have a 105 lbs rottweiler, and he fits in my car, I take him for rides every soo often.

Last edited by gwel687; 09-12-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I forgot to mention that in the picture on the right, he's not pissed. His chops get stuck all the time and he looks like he wants to kill someone, its hilarious!

Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
I forgot to mention that in the picture on the right, he's not pissed. His chops get stuck all the time and he looks like he wants to kill someone, its hilarious!
HAHA, mine does that all the time.... Its great, but some people just dont understand! In fact, sometimes its just one of his lower teeth, so then he sports the "Elvis" Look!

Old 09-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by OutGolfn
HAHA, mine does that all the time.... Its great, but some people just dont understand! In fact, sometimes its just one of his lower teeth, so then he sports the "Elvis" Look!
Haha, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:00 PM
my 8 pound maltese fits in my car..=] lol

Old 09-12-2006, 07:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL, yeah I figured, -- My Cockers do that too......they look mean but actually they're smiling,.
C.

Nice pooches, and gwel687, that's a terrific Rotti you have there. They're great pets too....My vet breeds those guys and they really are great...

Kudos for taking them in your G's guys.......

C.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Brian
Post pictures of your Boxer. I love Boxers.
Um, ok...
Name:  Boxer.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  2.3 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Big dog in the coupe