G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rattle in drivers door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle in drivers door

I have a rattle in my driver's door that is driving me nuts. I have taken the door off to install components and also Dynamatted the door. Now when I drive on rough roads, I hear a rattle coming from the door. It seems like it's coming from the top of the door, maybe even the window. I only really hear it when the windows are up. If I lower the window a little, the rattle is not as loud, but is still there. I have used a lot of weather stripping to try to solve the problem and still no solution. Also, the speakers and cross-over are solid and I do not think that they are the source of the rattle. Any thoughts?

Old 09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I think i have the same problem, does it have like a cracking sound?

Old 09-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, that's exactly what it sounds like. Have you been able to pinpoint it? I will probably try to fix it again this weekend.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I had the same problem and i took off the door kind of and at the bottom a aplastic tab fell out from inside and it went away....that might be what your hearing

Old 09-15-2006, 12:04 PM
i have rattling problem on the passenger side....i only hear it once in a while but it annoys me

Old 09-15-2006, 12:21 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
I hear it when i roll my window down sometimes too....

Old 09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
i have that problem to.. its the speakers.. it almost sounds like its commin from the middle of the door like almost there some broken glass in there like the sound.. but i only here it wen im bumpin music... but wen my window is cracked slightly nd u go over bumps it rattles.. cuz my buddys dont and i dont noe why.. i have an 04 myself

Old 09-15-2006, 04:05 PM
mines is coming from the speakers on the doors. anyone found a fix to this?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I've had a rattle for the past couple weeks that comes from the passenger side of the car, towards the back and it's been driving me crazy! I had some stereo work done and it started right after, well last night in the garage with the door closed I turned the stereo on and turned the base up, I sat in the car and sure enough it started, I got out and walked around the car and discovered it was the stupid license plate frame! I put double sided tape between the plate and the frame and no more rattle. I know yours probably isn't from the frame, but it did sound like it was coming from the passenger side, maybe the way sound travels it was coming under the car. Just a thought.
Lisa

Old 09-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BW350GTskyline
i have that problem to.. its the speakers.. it almost sounds like its commin from the middle of the door like almost there some broken glass in there like the sound.. but i only here it wen im bumpin music... but wen my window is cracked slightly nd u go over bumps it rattles.. cuz my buddys dont and i dont noe why.. i have an 04 myself

Thats what mine was as well...Take the little red reflector thing off the door and look inside and you will see a plastic tab thats broke and its laying on the bottom and it rubbing against the door. Thats what mine was...one of those plastic tabs broke some how.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Angry Window rattles

Argh! My '04 Coupe has developed a rattle in the driver's door as well. Except my rattle only happens when I roll the window all the way down. It sounds like creaking/rattling when I hit bumps in the road, or when I'm turning out of a driveway. It doesn't *seem* to be coming from the speakers, but more like the window pane itself.

Does anyone else had the rattle when the window is rolled all the way down? If so, have you successfully fixed it? I'm thinking about bringing the car into the dealer to have them fix it under warranty, but I don't want the tech to drive the car and then claim that there's no rattle...

Old 10-05-2006, 02:25 AM
I have the same problem. Especially when i close the door with the window down. When the window is up i have no problem. Its more like a rattle then creaking. Im takin my g to the dealer next week.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:37 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
looks like most of the people with this problem, have had there door paner removed for some reason. Mine was takin off to have tint put on...

Old 10-05-2006, 09:44 AM
complain to your dealer, they'll fix it.

I have a friend with a IP 2006 G35 coupe, only had 600 miles on it and started rattling.

Mine has rattles too, when the music is at a certain level and certain song(depending what key the song is in....) . Also the window rattle on the driver side, I just adjust the window up and down, it'll stop.

Stupid rattling Gs...

Old 10-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
My driver side does the same thing with the window rolled down. I haven't noticed it really with the window up, but I try to drive with the window down almost all the time anyways.... so maybe I just haven't driven enough lately with my windows up to notice it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattle in drivers door