G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe speaker system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Coupe speaker system

I don't know the speaker sizes, but my Bose system on my g35 coupe is awesome. It sounds great, better than any car I have owned and cars that I have modified with aftermarket systems. I would not change a thing............but that's me.

2003 G35c Diamond Graphite/Premium/Performance Package

Old 01-19-2003, 11:49 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

i dont know if its possible to put a new headunit without actually cutting away from the dash, someone has the japanese version of the sedan here and has a custom unit...

https://g35driver.com/rides/detailri...dx=0&vehId=144

Old 01-19-2003, 11:51 PM

I think the BOSE system in the g35c sucks, and I've had 4 past BOSE systems.

Someone please post links to quality replacement speakers (which are of the right impedence)...

thanks,
rob

Old 01-20-2003, 12:36 AM

I think sucks is a strong word. I have the optional Bose upgrade and at first I was disapointed, but after playing with the tone controls and nixing the speed compensated volume, I was happier. Plenty of bass unless you are into serious shake the car next to you sound. My only complaint is a lack of treble and detail on some music. But for the most part its a good system and I love the in-dash 6-disc changer.

As for upgrades, I don't know if you can upgrade the head unit because from what I hear its integrated with the HVAC controls. Speakers may be an option.

Old 01-20-2003, 12:23 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

haha zaid, like someone is gonna do that JUST FOR YOU!
actually, i plan on doing it in April once i get my car, i drive alot so i need some good musical entertainment..... in the form of the Kenwood Music Keg (20 GB mp3) and mid/high range dual speakers from either Kenwood or Pioneer.. not sure about a sub yet though, trunk space is aweful small

Old 01-20-2003, 01:40 PM

My whole problem with people judging sound systems is that, I think most people are judging the sound quality off poor samples. Such as mp3 players and or mp3's burnt on a disk. No matter what speaker setup you use mp3's will sound terrible, there compression rate will never compare to a true raw wav of the song. In fact I believe that the better your speakers are the worse the mp3 will sound, because the better frequency response only allows you to hear the crapiness of the quality of the compression. the point im making is, dont judge a sound system unless you are using a high quality sample.

I had the bose system on my sedan. I dont think it was great at all, it could have been better. I decided to go with the non bose system on my coupe just to save me the money, that i can eventually put into a nice high quality sound system.

Marcel

Old 01-20-2003, 02:28 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

heh sure thing Zaid, thanks for the advice, i will take apart the speaker the first saturday after i get my G..
i, too, thought the $900 (USDollars) for the upgraded bose was a little harsh.
For that much money, you can get a nice 1000 watts at least.....not the extra 100 that they smack in there (160 watts base model, 240w upgraded-i think)
$900 for 1000 watts or
$900 for 80 watts
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!

Old 01-20-2003, 02:43 PM

I don't think any Bose systems are audiophile quality, or anything close to it. Some may sound noticebly better than others, but all seem to have the inherent Bose characteristics, that being "no highs, no lows ... it must be Bose". One thing you all may want to consider is using the stock H/U and going with aftermarket EQ/amps/speakers. Depending on how the Bose amp is integrated with the system (part of the H/U or an amp like in the Acura CL-S) you can bypass the Bose part and get much better sound, all the while retaining your stock look (hence keeping those who would like to remove your audio gear from your vehicle). Just a thought.

Old 01-20-2003, 08:46 PM

For Bose sound system, the speaker are located as below (Bose system):

2 2x9 at the back of rear's headrest
4 6.5 on the doors and the side panel of rear seat
2 1.5 on the A-piller

... hopes that helps

Old 01-20-2003, 09:03 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

thanks alot man, now here is a question for everyone.....
the stock system says:
160-watt, 6-speaker AM/FM/cassette audio system with stackable (6-disc) (in dash) CD player
Where are the 6 located?? are 2 of them tweeters??

This is for the non-bose system
Thanks in advance!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe speaker system