G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Best Upgrades For Stock G35's Here you Go... (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/117331-best-upgrades-stock-g35s-here-you-go.html)

HUMMERH2 09-19-2006 04:00 PM

6 speed on the G35 and 7speed on the H2......just kidding H2 is auto. if it wasnt, I would try the 1/4 mile on it as well heeeheeeee

HUMMERH2 09-19-2006 04:01 PM

eternity, my friend has an '03 G sedan Auto with Plenum and coupe mid pipe. He runs 14.45 to 14.5 all day long. that sedan is a fast bugger.

STEVE-O 09-19-2006 04:11 PM

Please provide pictures and links or a description of these various mods. Also include a brief explanation of why these items are favorable over stock equipment and estimated HP / Speed gains

For example: The polished kanuter valve results in increased speed because blinker fluid is able to pass through to the muffler bearings with less resistance, therefore there is less strain on the pulley system resulting in less parasitic power loss. In other words, more power is sent to the wheels and not wasted trying to push blinker fluid through a restrictive valve system. It’s good for an eighth of a second in the quarter and 17.345 HP (estimated).

But seriously, a lot of people new to the game may not know what these parts are. We need more tech articles. Cliffs notes, if you will. Thanks, I’m sure many people will find a guide like this convenient and interesting. Thanks!

CAI
Z-tube
short ram intake
K&N drop in filter
Plenum
plenum spacer
high flow cats
test pipe
mid pipe
Mrev
Mrev2
E-Cutout
12 Wire Grounding
Etc etc etc

HUMMERH2 09-19-2006 04:19 PM

Basically what I've heard is what restricts the stock G35 engine is the stock plenum and the stock cats. changing these to high flow plenum and high flow cats will squeeze all the hp from the engine. i have these mods on mine and are more than happy with the gains and the $$$ i spent. a total of $900. not bad considering there are exhaust for this much and the gains is not even close. I use crawfordZ products www.crawfordz.com

filanj 09-19-2006 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by HUMMERH2
These mods will give you real hp gains unlike intake systems that are not real noticiable gains.

NO SH!T

filanj 09-19-2006 05:03 PM

eternity, my friend has an '03 G sedan Auto with Plenum and coupe mid pipe. He runs 14.45 to 14.5 all day long. that sedan is a fast bugger.

bro.... 111% of use have plenums.... our cars aren't going to run without one. LOL. if you are refering to an aftermarket plenum than specify..eg kinetix crawford motordyne etc... if you are talking about a spacer than do the same...

filanj 09-19-2006 05:07 PM

i have these mods on mine and are more than happy with the gains and the $$$ i spent. a total of $900. not bad considering there are exhaust for this much and the gains is not even close. I use crawfordZ products www.crawfordz.com

$900?! you got the shaaaaft LOL... I paid $168 for my Kinetix plenum. and practically stole my Helix high flow cats when I got them off EBay for $27... too raspy for my sold them for $78. Under $200 for the saaame exact mods (basically) you paid for.. You got rip'd off

filanj 09-19-2006 05:10 PM

... These modds add a noticeable power gains and the sound is great ! not loud< but louder than stock retaining the stock F1 tone. Dont spend money in other crap. Go for this set up, you will like it !

:)

By no means whatsoever do our stock cars sound like 1200hp F1 race cars... turn your indy speedway soundtrack down and listen to what the G really sounds like... A G!

gspotter 09-19-2006 05:16 PM

On my '04 6MT, I have a Crawford plenum, Crawford high-flow cats, ZTube, and an Amsoil nano air filter, H-Tech for 350Z springs, plus a Grounding Gear kit. New wheels are going to happen one of these days. That's all I plan to do for a while.

Aquaman13 09-19-2006 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by filanj
$900?! you got the shaaaaft LOL... I paid $168 for my Kinetix plenum. and practically stole my Helix high flow cats when I got them off EBay for $27... too raspy for my sold them for $78. Under $200 for the saaame exact mods (basically) you paid for.. You got rip'd off

$168 for the Kinetix?!?!?! wtf, I thought they ran like8 or 9 bills?!?!

G35DORME 09-19-2006 05:19 PM

aHero4Eternity I noticed in your sig you have an E-Cutout. What exactly is that? I think it’s a valve that gives you like open headers correct me if I am wrong if so did you get good gains from it.

Sorry to the OP if I am thread jacking

filanj 09-19-2006 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Aquaman13
$168 for the Kinetix?!?!?! wtf, I thought they ran like8 or 9 bills?!?!

Not the SSV... the V4 ..which is boared out for volume

Jeff92se 09-19-2006 05:22 PM

Well actually, your info is a little biased isn't it? Seeing you got this advice from Crawford. I also have an older crawford plenum so I'm being honest here.

If you really look into the dynos that compare all the plenums/spacers, you will note that the biggest gainer was NOT a plenum, it was a spacer.

In addition to your NA list, the Mrev2 lower manifold is also a proven na gainer.

One could also argue that a reflash from TS would be another great mod to complete the hardware bolt ons.

But you probably won't get that info from that source of advice. Because those aren't Crawford products.

Although I agree in general terms with your advice, it's certainly not the end all of info you make it out to be.

Ok, Z-tube, K&N drop in filter, plenum, and high flow cats. This is all you need for a stock motor. Stock exhaust will flow perfect until you really start to add hp's under the hood. These modds add a noticeable power gains and the sound is great ! not loud< but louder than stock retaining the stock F1 tone. Dont spend money in other crap. Go for this set up, you will like it !

:)

filanj 09-19-2006 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Well actually, your info is a little biased isn't it? Seeing you got this advice from Crawford. I also have an older crawford plenum so I'm being honest here.

If you really look into the dynos that compare all the plenums/spacers, you will note that the biggest gainer was NOT a plenum, it was a spacer.

In addition to your NA list, the Mrev2 lower manifold is also a proven na gainer.

One could also argue that a reflash from TS would be another great mod to complete the hardware bolt ons.

But you probably won't get that info from that source of advice. Because those aren't Crawford products.

Although I agree in general terms with your advice, it's certainly not the end all of info you make it out to be.

well said!

and yeah.. same info from same source that made him overpay $500+

always research before you invest... otherwise you'll be ona those ppl who jump out the window everytime the stock market goes down

HUMMERH2 09-19-2006 06:04 PM

damn guys, just trying to post my experience here and I get bombarded by smart asses. last time posting in g35driver. Thanks guys !