G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

i can't believe this happened to me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by klleow
yeah hopefully they have the inpection paper, but still they could have easily add the damages after they messed my car up right? coz i do not have a copy of that inspection paper after i left the dealership.

DAAARNNN what should i do, i'm really pissed and worried that this is gonna be a tough fight...
you should go back and just check with them..
do you remember signing any inspection paper?
if you didn't sign..it will be useless even tho the guys at dealer
add the damages on the inspection paper..
because it's only valid once you sign that actual inspection paper..

Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OK, here's my story (I feel like I wrote this a dozen times ).

I dropped off my car at the Dealer to have a creaky seat fixed along with a free 7500 mile service. I picked it up, and see a nice scratch on the front bumper. I told the assistant service manager (who happens to be my service rep) and he looked at it and replied, "oh, I didn't do it". I said, "OK, so what are you going to do about it?". He said "we'll repaint the entire front bumper the next time you return". I asked for it in writing and had it repainted, which the did decent job (not great) but decent. They removed the scratch and rock chips (my car is one year old).

Now, guess what? I went back and had them redo my creaking chair noise (it never went away). They called me and said all is done. I went there and picked up my car. Sure enough, the noise immediatly returned and when I washed my car, I noticed they rashed my front rim (OEM). I called up the original service rep and he had me return to the Stealership a week later. I had him look at it when I got there and he said "You sure it wasn't there before?". I replied "if it was, I would have noticed it, since I wash my rims with a sheepskin mit". So, they fixed the rims (I can't tell that there were ever a small rash there, pretty good job). Also, they finally replaced my entire front driver seat since they couldn't fix the creaking noise after three attempts. It looks better then my old one, but it wasn't a brand new seat. Good enough for me.

Moral of the story? Be calm, explain to them like I did. I also pointed out another little scrap on my mud gaurd and said "Trust me, if there were dents in my car, I would know about it. See there? I scraped that myself and will not blame that on you guys. That scrap on my rim wasn't from me though". Both times, they were nice and never really argued with me.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
I had a Honda dealership that completely destroyed my car to the tune of $5500. Take them for as much as their insurance company will give you——which basically means: Don't take posession of the vehicle until it is absolutely perfect.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, so this is my worst experience at a dealership.

I dropped off my car on Monday morning, coz they was a fluttering noise that occurred after I paid around $400 for my 15k service?!?!

They called me back in the afternoon and said the noise was gone coz one of the technicians messed something up, and said it was ready to go. When I was about to pick up my car, I noticed that the front bumper was all dented, and damaged. And I am 100% positive that it was not like that when I dropped it off, since my bumper was BRAND NEW.

Guys did you ever have similar experience? What should I do? And what possible actions could I take? All I want is to get my car back in one piece, not damaged….
Had a simliar issue at North Houston Infiniti. I pointed it out to the managed of the service dept, and they took care of it. They gave my an 06 g35 with 17 miles on it. Sadly it took almost 2 weeks, but I could complain. I put almost 1600 miles on that brand new G35.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Your friendly Stealership...............!!

Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
If you look at your copy of the work order - from when you dropped it off, there should be a sign-pff section or area noting any previous damage...if it's clean, they're dirty!!!

Rick
Nissan/Infiniti service people are required to walk
every car that comes in and record any damage,
dents or scratches so we can't say this was done at
the dealership. Like he said, if the sheets clean
they're dirty.........I would not have left the dealership
until they fix your G or at least filled out the paper
work to do so!! Ya gotta love those under handed
b^stards..................

Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by bobshuai
Always have dealer inspects before you drop off and you have to inspect one time before you leave their place.
yeah def, now i learn my lesson, a hard way, but i'm not giving up, i'm gonna call them first thing tomorrow

Old 09-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
when you call them ask to speak to a manager in service.... tell him the story and tell him your 100% positive the bumper wasnt like that when you bought it in... if he starts being a smart *** tell him you would like to come in and file a complaint and you would also like to bring your lawyer... that always scares them!

Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by SeOuLG35
you should go back and just check with them..
do you remember signing any inspection paper?
if you didn't sign..it will be useless even tho the guys at dealer
add the damages on the inspection paper..
because it's only valid once you sign that actual inspection paper..
yes i did remember signing some paper work before i got the loaners car, so that should be it.. so i'll make sure they fix the bumper before i get my car back. thanks to u all for your suggestions and support, i'm gonna call them tomorrow and explain the situation to them..
a side note, i had my service at ramsey infiniti in jersey, do u guys know anything about this dealership, are they always that bad?

Old 09-20-2006, 10:42 AM
yes i did remember signing some paper work before i got the loaners car, so that should be it.. so i'll make sure they fix the bumper before i get my car back. thanks to u all for your suggestions and support, i'm gonna call them tomorrow and explain the situation to them..
a side note, i had my service at ramsey infiniti in jersey, do u guys know anything about this dealership, are they always that bad?
don't know that place but haven't heard any bad things about it..
no problems man..like I said..I hated when they wracked my car and
was telling me that it was there before I dropped off my car..
hopefully everything goes well..let us know man..good luck

Old 09-20-2006, 04:06 PM
hey guys, i called the manager, and i explained the situation to him. at first he gave me tons of excuses and denied that they did the damage to my car, but i insisted the damage occured when it was at their place, so he's gonna repaint it and repair the dent on my bumper.

so i guess that's good news, although it's not gonna be brand new, at least i get it repaired

Old 09-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, look at it this way...it wasn't new when you dropped it off, right? Mine had some rock chips on them. So, it's only fair they repainted my bumper when they scratched it. Also, now they will get rid of the rock chips that were there too. Think of it as a free paint job for the bumper.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:17 PM
I used to have a 1995 Infiniti J30. If anyone recalls the brake light had I N F I N I T I spelled on it with letters painted in silver. Well one day I pickup my car from the dealership and all but middle letters lost all silver paint and the whole brake light had scratches from a buffer. I asked the dealer what that was all about and he pretended like he had no idea and that it was already like that when I brought the car in. To make a long story short I told them to replace it or I will complain to a local news station and expose them (I know but I was really pissed) and guess what, I had a brand new brake light in about 2 hours.