G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lady whacks my door, then moves my mirror...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i can't have a spot in the middle of nowhere, i'll try to park next to a luxury car because they're "more likely" to be cautious about swinging their doors open. NEVER park next to a hoopty ride. they'll give your door a makeover and not give a care in the world since their car is worthless as it is.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Stay away from SUV's ... and "hoopty cars" and look for shopping carts.. thats all... if I walked out and some lady had her door touching mine.. no biggy.. its just a car!!! Especially if she was putting a baby in the car or something... now if I got up and her door did damage to my car.. then I would say something... when I was 20 and had my first new car.. I was paranoid.. but it really is just a car... a fun toy and hobby... but just a car...

Chris

Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That blows.!!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Archangel
Why is it that you can park in an empty parking lot and 9 times out of 10 some yahoo will park right next to your car? Do these people feel that they need to line up with another car to park correctly? Is it a safety in numbers thing? Or are these drivers obsessive-compulsive, desiring proper placement/order?

I've never understood this.
haha funny

Old 09-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok, some basic parking lessons for G35 Coupe -

1) Always look for corner spots - that way the chance of your door getting dinged is reduced by 50% base on probability. Left hand corner spots are preferred over right hand side, because you can usually get close to the curb on the driver side without damaging your rims. Remember though, corner spots are often overshadowed by trees or bushes. Make sure these plantations don't drip saps, house irritating flying sh|ters and remember the water sprinkler schedule for bushes near by. The last thing you need is to get a one sided hard water wash!

2) Park close to the curb without hitting it. To achieve this you might need to to 3 point parking, reverse to straighten out the car and then pull in straight. If you find you are more than 1ft away from the curb, reverse and do it again. This way you maximize the distance between you and the adjecent vehicle.

3) Adjacent vehicle selection tips.
a- Look for workers vehicle, these are cars that always park in the same spot. Look for someone who is not going to leave that spot for quite some time.
b- Sedans > Coupes > SUVs > Vans >1970 Caddilacs with 5ft wide doors. The shorter their doors, the less likely they will hit you when swinging the door open. (Minivans with sliding rear doors are good neighbors)
c - Baby Seats = BIG NO NO!!! If you see a baby seat on the adjacent vehicle, then move to another spot. Kids usually swing the door open as wide as possible just for kicks. Also if parents need to remove a baby seat or a stroller, they have to swing the doors to maximum opening position.
d- Don't park next to POS! POS owners don't give a rats *** about their vehicle, so why would they care about yours? Use the same precaution against Toyota drivers, primer cars, crappy pickup trucks as well as these people don't really care.

4) Shopping cart alertness...... will continue later

Old 09-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c - Baby Seats = BIG NO NO!!! If you see a baby seat on the adjacent vehicle, then move to another spot. Kids usually swing the door open as wide as possible just for kicks. Also if parents need to remove a baby seat or a stroller, they have to swing the doors to maximum opening position.

never thought too much about that one. Good point out

Old 09-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Florida G35 Club
lot of good points there.. good work.. never thought bout the baby seat thing..

Old 09-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Actually it was this exact thing that caused me to finally bite the bullet and get the G. I had a Maxima that I was about 18 months from paying off but I had recently gotten "the itch" again and I've wanted a G since they came out. But I was undecided...even with the few minor quirks it had part of me wanted to just pay the Max off and drive for free for a year or two. Now, normally I always park at the back of the lot (even with the Max) but on that day for some reason I parked a bit more towards the middle. I was a little early so I was sitting in my car enjoying my coffee and listening to the radio when a lady pulls into the spot on my passenger side with a complete POS car. I'm thinking she's going to pull back and straighten out because she was WAY too close to even try getting out. Nope, she turns the car off and FLINGS her door open and it SLAMS into my passenger door. I'm talking hard enough that I felt it, let alone hearing and seeing it. So I'm waiting for her to get out and apologize or something...she looked right at me sitting in the car...nope...she gets out and closes her door and starts walking towards the building. So I get out and we have words, she tries to tell me that she didn't hit me, which is what really set me off. All she had to do was say "I'm sorry". Eventually I just moved the car to a different spot and walked away from her before I said something stupid. But she left a nice gash in the side of the Max...luckily no dent. That was about the 2nd or 3rd thing like that in a weeks time so at that point I felt like someone or something was telling me to get rid of the car and I went for the G that same night. Blessing in disguise I guess.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So dinged your car while you are still sitting inside, then proceed to deny what happened less than 90 seconds later!?

Wow, I would have gotten a garden hose and stick it right at the air intake and flood the heck out of the engine.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Why is it that you can park in an empty parking lot and 9 times out of 10 some yahoo will park right next to your car? Do these people feel that they need to line up with another car to park correctly? Is it a safety in numbers thing? Or are these drivers obsessive-compulsive, desiring proper placement/order?

I've never understood this.
I might be at fault here.
When my wife takes the G shopping etc i tell her to park next to the newest clean looking car she can find.
I mean its obvious that they will not throw their doors open and risk damage to their car.
Only trouble with this is if you run a nice clean G it could be you

Old 09-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
I saw a lady park leaving a huuuge gap between her car and the car to her right, while leaving barely a few inches between her car and the other car nwxt to her... and when she got out, she slammed the door open, then pushed on itso she had space to get out...

That's why I watch where I park...

Old 09-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Wada B!tch...............

I kind of enjoy the extra exercise I get from parking in BFE.
Is that Bum F^ck Egypt................? I park there too!

Old 09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
That's just as bad as those that think they can put their gritty shoes on your freshly waxed bumper.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Last 2 times I caught someone in the act of scuffing or dinging my car, I collected $$ right there on the spot. I was suprised how far you can get by being very calm and rational with the person. I know it is hard, but it is better than nothing. Whenever I park in a normal spot (meaning not a million miles away) I get damage. It's almost guaranteed. Last time, I actually predicted it as I waled away from the car, and sure enough when I get back, someone parked right ON me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lady whacks my door, then moves my mirror...