G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pfc_coyle
if they did decide to fight toe to toe and came down to infinity's prices it would get ugly for infinity at this point in time even with the iffy styling of the new BMW's. pull a poll about who wouldn't take a 335 over a G35 for the same money at either price point. Even in this forum the results would be one sided. There is no shame in having a "poor man's BMW" because there are plenty of poor man's g35s out there . As for BMW comparing to the G35 what do you think there saying "look they think there hot shik, check this out". Heck you even talk like a BMW guy with all the V35 G35c talk. we all know the g has a 3.5l there is only one size, and it's in the title. the 3 series has been around for many years and generations that's why they always state gen#. And get a grip. there are lots of cars that sell more then the G....What does that mean there all better?
I was going to leave this alone, but decided against it.

Your accusation of me sounding like a BMW guy is funny, when you spend $42k on a $38k car without even knowing how to spell the manufacturer's name. That sounds like a BMW guy.

Regardless, if you couldn't spell your car's own name, how could I trust that you know what V35 means?

Your joke about what BMW is saying with the G vs 3 may be funny to you, but that's exactly what they're implying by bringing only V35s for customers to compare their new E92 with.

Also, I fail to see how you could call the G35 a "poor man's BMW" when anyone who could get a G35 could probably get a BMW if they wanted one. Despite the increases on the high end, the 325/soon to be 328 still remains in G35 range.

Then again, maybe your claim isn't that outrageous- many people view the 3 series as a "poor man's BMW"...

Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still a hyundai?

not quite. they're not what they used to be. just like GM, Chrysler and Ford, they're not what they used to be...except the other way around for them.

i don't see why some people don't get this.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
I will agree with him. Hyundai has plenty of resourses im sure they dont care about having the greatest car in the world...they build cars for cheap and sell them for cheap and the owner has more money than all of us put togather so whatever....Hyundai builds great construction equipment i will agree with this....i didnt know they built ships, but it is a fact, they are not strugling.

If they wanted to just like every car company they could build a car that would smoke ferraris and lambos, but you also have to look at it from a different point of view. They are targeting people who dont have lots of money and in this case their is more poverty than rich in the US so therefor they are making alot more money by targeting the lower class than if they targeted the upper class......

Im sure this time with this car they are going to target the middle to upper class with a performance car and with the profit that this company already makes why the hell not make a badass performance car?
I guess this forum does have some well educated people. I was losing hope

Old 10-04-2006, 03:16 PM
If Hyundai comes out with a alledgedly G35 killer, there is no way they will be able to target their same market and offer their car at a low price as they are notoriously know for, low price cheap quality POS cars...

Old 10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Fassster10
If Hyundai comes out with a alledgedly G35 killer, there is no way they will be able to target their same market and offer their car at a low price as they are notoriously know for, low price cheap quality POS cars...
Notice thats why i put at the end " if they come out with this car im sure they will target the middle to upperclass with a true performance car"

Old 10-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Fassster10
Go drive a hyundai and see if it's a POS

Old 10-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by brianmfournier

This is what Hyundai plans for their 2009 "coupe". Apparently they took the 2008 Tiburon body styling and made this. The one in the pic has 4 doors, I guess they'll make a 2 door too?
This is NOT what they plan for their coupe. The vehicle in the picture is a crossover concept that many magazines have described as stealing a page from the FX's book (though this description is not mentioned in the article below).

Check it out:
http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Hy...-concept/1996/

Old 10-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers
Stop being so closed minded and ignorant about these things. What many of you are saying is exactly what they used to say about Honda's, Toyota's and Datsun's of the past. Give credit where it's due. Hyundai's has been making strides in the automotive field that many, especially US makes, would kill for. I'd like to see what they can do for the segment. Especially since that "G35 killer" will probably be 60 to 75% of the list price that the G will be.

From what I remember, everyone loves the G, because of what? Oh yea, it's such a bang for the buck compared to a what? Oh yeah, Bimmers. Come on just because Hyundai's are cheaper in most respect to the G doesn't mean that the company isn't advancing. Come to think of it, this thread sounds a lot like the Bimmer forums do. Go figure.

well said. The same things you say about hyundai is the same things BMW owners say about us. "it's still an nissan"

Old 10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by castertroy101
very well said...the korean market is blooming over there and is getting better. You can def see it some results here in the states, with the cars winning awards as you mentioned. Their cellphones are starting to become more popular, and hollywood is doing remakes of their movies.( just had to mention that cause im big asian movie buff) Hyundai might be the next big brand name in 10 years, but we will see what holds for them.

+1

I see a lot of remakes in the American film industries from asian foreign movies....Asian Horror flicks are the best imo

Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Bring back Yugo!

Old 10-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BroDaJin
Go drive a hyundai and see if it's a POS
Dude, your stupid! No sh*t they are a POS, we all know that. We are saying that if they come out with a car that is going to be made to beat and outperform the g35 most likely its not going to be offered at a price the poor can afford. Most likely its going to run around 28-34 thousand dollars. If they offer a car at this price most likely its not going to be a POS.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
yes if it really turns out to be a "g35 killer" the price tag will be higher than what most hyundai owners are willing to pay for. And I dont know if the majority of people will want to shell out 28k for a hyundai. I hate to say it but most people care about the name and brand.

Its true that japanese cars were thought of in the same way back in the days but they got popular because american cars were breaking down. Hyundai has to make more reliable cars than Japan and hope japanese cars run into the same problem american cars did in the past. that aint happening. And because of that, Hyundai can only market to people looking to buy inexpensive cars.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Dude, your stupid! No sh*t they are a POS, we all know that. We are saying that if they come out with a car that is going to be made to beat and outperform the g35 most likely its not going to be offered at a price the poor can afford. Most likely its going to run around 28-34 thousand dollars. If they offer a car at this price most likely its not going to be a POS.
Calm down. If that car does come out, trust me, they won't sell it under Hyundai. When Toyota came out with Lexus brand, every other Japanese companies came out with their own luxury brand. If you look at Hyundai today, on a lift and see from top to bottom, they have made great strides when building their cars. This is coming from a professional who works with cars for a living. I run a auto shop I would probably know about car more then half the people in this forum. Decade ago I would of said HYUNDAI was a POS but right now I see it better then half cars in the market. To know a car, car must be driven, it would tell you how it rides , feels , and what it's capable of.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NISMOTO
Reading through my latest issue of Motor trend [November 2006] on page 28 I read something very odd,

I haven't been able to find any pics or other info on this "G35-killer" as of yet but, I'm curious as to what you guys have to say about such news. And about Hyundai targeting our G35s!!
Wow, lofty goals for a relatively inexpensive car line.....Let's see what they've got.....
C.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by abcdefGGGGGG
yes if it really turns out to be a "g35 killer" the price tag will be higher than what most hyundai owners are willing to pay for. And I dont know if the majority of people will want to shell out 28k for a hyundai. I hate to say it but most people care about the name and brand.
You may want to search some reviews/surveys/sales numbers for Hyundai's Azzera. It's squarely in that $26k-$30k range and has done pretty well this year. It was built to compete directly against the Toyota Avalon and Nissan Maxima [Hyundai even brags about it having more interior room than a BMW 7series], which both hit the low-mid $30's pretty quickly after a few options/trim levels are added.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyundai has a "G35-killer" coming?!