G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please Help: No baby seat fits properly back there...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indeed, use rolled towel if you need it to get the incline proper.

Use another towel (or that nice seat protector) to help fill in the recessed area of the seat. Not only will you be getting a more level surface that's wide enough, but you'll also protect the seats from sever creases/impressions. It served me well and I left the seat in all the time... ...until recently, as my son moved to a booster.

Room will get better when you can turn the seat around to face forward at 1yr (if weight requirement is met).

Old 10-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imadriver, if you don't mind, could you please post a picture here with the car seat installed. That would be great. If I can get an infant seat to sit flat on the cushion without stuffing towels and pool noodles underneath, then that would be ideal. I guess that Eddie Bauer either has a narrow base of 12" from front to back, or it's wider in the front and narrower towards the back. Either way, if you say it fits like a glove then fantastic.

I am sure this topic might not appeal to everyone on this board, but somewhere along the way, those coupe owners that are single will get married and eventually have kids, and then you will try to find ways to convince yourself that you can get by with the coupe and a family, you just have to think things out in terms of placement of items. And of course this board is a great source of moral support, like a help group, where everyone tells you yes you can do it...I'm so glad I haven't gone 4 door yet, although that FX is looking sweeter and sweeter everyday....

Thanks guys and gals...

Neil

Old 10-05-2006, 02:42 PM
OK, here you go. The first pic is the seat installed in the back. It looks like it's sitting on top of the side bolsters, but as you can see in the close-up shots, the base is narrow and fits right inside the bolsters. You can get a good idea as to how narrow the base is in the "base.jpg" picture.

Sorry about the Sprite bottle, that fell under the seat while I was taking pics, and it has nothing to do with the seat - just ignore it.

Attached Thumbnails Please Help: No baby seat fits properly back there...-seat.jpg   Please Help: No baby seat fits properly back there...-basefits.jpg   Please Help: No baby seat fits properly back there...-basefits2.jpg   Please Help: No baby seat fits properly back there...-base.jpg  
Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post these pics. At least now we all know how to get around this poor rear seat design when trying to choose or install an infant seat back there. Rolled up towel with most seat models, or Eddie Bauer model with no towel needed...

Thanks guys...

Old 10-06-2006, 05:54 PM
The ISOFIX is a rigid latch system.

It doesn't use belts to hold it in, instead it has a tubular metal frame inside which clips directly to the lower latch bars. It is much heavier than other car seats because of the metal frame. Probably also expensive to make which is why you don't see very many of them.

I didn't like the idea of mashing a carseat into the leather to get it tight like you have to do with belted car seats.

I used the Britax Expressway in my G35 sedan for 2 years till I traded it in for the coupe. With forward facing seats I found its not really any harder to get the kids loaded up in the coupe vs. the sedan.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
you shoulda pulled out buddy...

NOW you tell me...DAMNIT!! lol