G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I hate Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update:

I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs last night and spoke with a John. He was going to get me a call from my agent today. So far no call.

I'd rather just get out of my lease and into something new, so Infiniti can resell the car used to someone. As opposed to lemoning the car and Infiniti losing all the money.

We'll see what happens.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I wonder if I am having this same problem. HeadOrange, can you describe the noise a little bit more. I had this weird noise that at first I thought was the clutch/tranny. It would only happen when the car was cold and everyday it got louder and lasted longer. Someone on here suggested checking the oil. My car is brand new and hasn't even had it's first oil change (it will be going to the dealer next Tuesday for it's first oil change). I didn't think it would be possible for a brand new car to consume too much oil but it was a bit low. I added a quart of oil and the noise went away. About 1000 miles later and now the noise is slowly coming back. I checked my oil and it seems okay. I am hesitating putting more oil in cuz I want to be able to replicate the noise for the dealer. If I put more oil in and the noise disappears, I will have to wait til it comes back to take it in again. I'm worried that my G might have this oil comsumption problem.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:14 PM
It sounds like it's coming from almost under the engine and at first, and it's more a deep clicking, not like struts or anything but a deeper clicking. Usually seemed tied in with the acceleration, and it was very noticeable from outside the car, less so inside. What’s weird is performance isn’t effected at all the car seemed to accelerate smoothly and the noise dies down upon acceleration.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh - by the way.... still no call from Infiniti Consumer Affiars.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:50 PM
You should definetly try another dealership man, the techs at that dealership sounds like they got their certification of the internet, write a letter complaining and complaining and take the car to another dealership, take it as far as you could, sounds like your car was built on a friday...sorry to hear that

Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Ouch! Hope you get taken care of by Infiniti!

Old 10-16-2006, 02:10 PM
UPDATE:

Wendle at the Y has had the car for a week now, and I got a call from them saying that Infiniti is now going to require me to drive the car on ANOTHER oil consumption report. This time however i have to take the car in Monday - Friday between 9-5 and i have to bring it in every 500 miles exactly. Before Infiniti will do anything.

I live about 30 miles away from the dealership, and it's getting stupid insane. Sadly the only other dealership is in Seattle... so i am stuck right now. I am also pretty pissed.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 PM
This is what I would do if I was you. After the dealer checks it next time and tops off the oil, I would run the **** out of it. I mean full throttle acceleration from standing start to 80 MPH several times. I would give it full throttle on every HWY onramp. Do this 10 times or so, then check the oil level again. If needed top if off again, and then run the **** out of it some more.

It's way late, but you need to get those rings FULLY seated soon and the only way to do that is to get the combustion chamber pressures high enough. The worst that could happen is that the thing blows up and you get an entirely NEW motor. Believe me, you don't want a half-arsed shortblock deal. A factory new motor in a crate is your only option here. Insist on it if it blows up.

But 99% certain it won't and I bet $10 your oil consumption goes back into normal range (qt./3-5K miles) Contrary to the manual and "experts", the worst thing you can do to an engine during breakin is to baby it and do long, constant 75MPH runs on cruise control. You have to nail it every so often or you turn the motor into a pussieboy.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 PM
UPDATE:

Okay i called ICA and spoke with a Chris. Who thought the dealerships request was stupid, and was going to call him and the awesome tech i spoke with last week. Basically he doesn't understand why they need the car every 500 miles, usually it's only every 1000 miles, either way... no way i can get it to them exact. This is my daily driver.

i want a new car. this is getting dumb.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Also ball i'd agree with you, 'cept it hasn't, I've been having this issues since March, around 1000 - 2000 miles the car burns oil like mad and i see a huge drop in the oil levels. If i was once i'd agree, but we're on the 3rd time it's done this in a row.

The car isn't even at it's 15,000 miles mark (or wasn't when i took it to Wendle at the Y.)

Old 10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
keep us updated please.its weird i have a early 2003 and its never burned a drop of oil or leaked,and it is supercharged.has 44200 miles on it and 26000 are with the blower.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ballisticus
This is what I would do if I was you. After the dealer checks it next time and tops off the oil, I would run the **** out of it. I mean full throttle acceleration from standing start to 80 MPH several times. I would give it full throttle on every HWY onramp. Do this 10 times or so, then check the oil level again. If needed top if off again, and then run the **** out of it some more.

It's way late, but you need to get those rings FULLY seated soon and the only way to do that is to get the combustion chamber pressures high enough. The worst that could happen is that the thing blows up and you get an entirely NEW motor. Believe me, you don't want a half-arsed shortblock deal. A factory new motor in a crate is your only option here. Insist on it if it blows up.

But 99% certain it won't and I bet $10 your oil consumption goes back into normal range (qt./3-5K miles) Contrary to the manual and "experts", the worst thing you can do to an engine during breakin is to baby it and do long, constant 75MPH runs on cruise control. You have to nail it every so often or you turn the motor into a pussieboy.

Great post. When my G was new, during break-in after a few hundred miles I ran it past 4000 rpm, then a few hundred miles later hit 5000rpm, then a few hundred miles later hit 6000rpm, and so on up to redline. It has 20,000 miles now and every time I check the oil, it is where it should be. My first oil change was at 1,000 miles, then at 3,000 miles, then every 3,000 miles after that. I switched to Mobil 1 synthetic at 9,000 miles. I understand Nissan runs every engine up to redline at the factory.

Last edited by gspotter; 10-16-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
keep us updated please.its weird i have a early 2003 and its never burned a drop of oil or leaked,and it is supercharged.has 44200 miles on it and 26000 are with the blower.
yeah i'll keep you updated. :-)

Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
UPDATE:

I called at 11:00am my time. I waited 3 hours and 30 minutes for some resolution or the phonecall i was promised by Chris. At this point, i cannot fufill what the dealership wants, there is no way for me to drive the car in 500 miles (exactly) increments and make sure i bring it in during work hours on weekdays. It's my daily driver, i explained this to the Chris guy who seemed to understand, I was told i'd be getting a phonecall.

Chris is now gone for the day. I guess he went home without giving me the phonecall i wanted. The girl at ICA (Jessica) was little to no help, she told me that they (ICA) only have a 2-hour window to contact dealerships, and as it stands ICA has no idea whats going on with the dealership, and is not responsible for dealership hours. (Which i never said was a problem, but i guess she was really hung up on that.)

Oh also when i brought up that they are putting all these extra miles on my lease, miles i don't get to drive but still pay for... ICA gets really quite.

Infiniti has lost a customer for life. This is the last Infiniti i'll own.

Last edited by HeadOrange; 10-16-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
UPDATE:

Okay, picked up my G356MT this morning from the dealership. When I got in it was a mess, crap dripped all over the steering wheel, the seat had stuff in it, there was junk on the floor. I would have taken it back immediately but I was up against the clock to get to work on time. So in the end i just called them, I was told that I’d be "taken care of" I don’t know what that means, are they going to send a mobile detailer to me here at work?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I hate Infiniti