G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got warranty denied...go figure...:rolleyes:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts
Got warranty denied...go figure...:rolleyes:

I guess it is my fault for taking my car in with the test pipes. But I ended up taking my car to the dealership because I had gotten my oil changed in early september and i had been getting a clicking noise in my engine. Sure enough, jump online do some searching and decided to look at my oil. At first I let the car sit over night and checked it the next morning. No oil on my dipstick. Finally turned on the car, let it sit for a couple of minutes and pitch black oil. I finally did an oil change a couple of days later and I only got about 2 quarts back!!!! I mean, this car takes five quarts, tilted the car so all the oil comes out and only got 2 quarts back. Take it to the delearship, let them know wut's up and I tell them other problems my car has. i took the car in at 9 am, received a call around 3 pm and the service manager Bob at infiniti of scottsdale tells me they are not going even to look at my car beacuse i voided my warranty. Also says, "You have been racing this car, i Know u have blah blah blah, We are not covering anything"....So talk to him for awhile, finally pick up my car and request them to give me everything in writting on what they just told me. They told me, we are not lawyers and we can not write or sign anything...so peace out. So, now I am here at work just venting on this and trying to see what u guys have to say about this, or maybe some suggestions. Funny, when I told him that most of the mods I bought I bought them from them, he gave me a confused look like "WTF" and said we did. Sorry, but u altered your vehicle and your make your engine work harder so that is why you are burning oil...this sucks just in case in the future something does happen to my car.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Exclamation You are Fugged...

The damage is done. You will need to check your oil EVERY DAY! Once you let an engine's oil get that low, it will use oil quickly for the rest of it's (short) life. I can't believe you waited 2 days to take it in after you couldn't even SEE oil on the dip stick. You should have at least put some oil in it at that time.

When you only have two quarts (or less) of oil in the crank case, it over heats and loses it's ability to protect your engine.

As for the warranty, the only person to be pissed at is yourself. In NO STATE can you remove the Cats and be legal. It won't do any good to take it to another dealer, you have been "black listed".

Fill it, check it every day and don't drive it too hard.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
The damage is done. You will need to check your oil EVERY DAY! Once you let an engine's oil get that low, it will use oil quickly for the rest of it's (short) life. I can't believe you waited 2 days to take it in after you couldn't even SEE oil on the dip stick. You should have at least put some oil in it at that time.

When you only have two quarts (or less) of oil in the crank case, it over heats and loses it's ability to protect your engine.

As for the warranty, the only person to be pissed at is yourself. In NO STATE can you remove the Cats and be legal. It won't do any good to take it to another dealer, you have been "black listed".

Fill it, check it every day and don't drive it too hard.
Oh, sorry. Should of stated that I did put 1 quart and a half after that. Then did oil change but didnt really drive car. Drove bro's z. Yeah, that is why I said it was my fault of taking car in like that. But they said I had to put back the cats and for the next 6 months due oil changes with them and come in every 1000 miles for a check up. That is how they may help me out or get car back into warranty...

Old 10-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti is lovin the fact that we mod our cars. These cars have small problems. Not a big deal because of warranty. But they now they see one mod and it gives em a reason to get out of common TSB problems. These are things Ill remember before I buy another Infiniti or Nissan.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by pch2005
Oh, sorry. Should of stated that I did put 1 quart and a half after that. Then did oil change but didnt really drive car. Drove bro's z. Yeah, that is why I said it was my fault of taking car in like that. But they said I had to put back the cats and for the next 6 months due oil changes with them and come in every 1000 miles for a check up. That is how they may help me out or get car back into warranty...
If they are willing to do that for you, I'm impressed.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I say BS!! I am having serious oil consumption problems also and took my G to the dealer for it. They called me and tried to blame my intake and exhaust. I said, no way!! Intake and exhaust is NOT going to make my engine burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles. PLUS, my 05 G had these exact same mods plus a few more and NEVER burned oil. I told them they could check their own records cuz I used to take my 05 G to them for service also. I never even had to mention the Magnuson-Moss (sp?) Act to them. They agreed to do an oil consumption test and will monitor it. If it continues to burn oil at this rate, I will most likely get a new engine. Look into the Magnuson-Moss Act. I am pretty sure that it states that the dealer has to prove that your mods directly caused or contributed to the issue at hand. Test pipes might cause oil to burn a little bit more than normal but not at the rate you are describing. Hey you have nothing to lose. Dealers like to take advantage of those that don't know any better. But if you go in there and let them know that you did your research on the issue, they totally change there attitudes. My dealer is more than happy to help me out now even though at first they tried to blame my mods.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I say BS!! I am having serious oil consumption problems also and took my G to the dealer for it. They called me and tried to blame my intake and exhaust. I said, no way!! Intake and exhaust is NOT going to make my engine burn a quart of oil every 1000 miles. PLUS, my 05 G had these exact same mods plus a few more and NEVER burned oil. I told them they could check their own records cuz I used to take my 05 G to them for service also. I never even had to mention the Magnuson-Moss (sp?) Act to them. They agreed to do an oil consumption test and will monitor it. If it continues to burn oil at this rate, I will most likely get a new engine. Look into the Magnuson-Moss Act. I am pretty sure that it states that the dealer has to prove that your mods directly caused or contributed to the issue at hand. Test pipes might cause oil to burn a little bit more than normal but not at the rate you are describing. Hey you have nothing to lose. Dealers like to take advantage of those that don't know any better. But if you go in there and let them know that you did your research on the issue, they totally change there attitudes. My dealer is more than happy to help me out now even though at first they tried to blame my mods.
I actually mentioned that law to them....And the guy had/or acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. But what really affects me is that my car isnt "street legal."

Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by pch2005
I actually mentioned that law to them....And the guy had/or acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. But what really affects me is that my car isnt "street legal."
Trust me, they know exactly what it is. My dealer tried to play dumb about the rampant oil consumption issues with the VQ engine. Funny how after I made my point about my previous G having the exact same HKS exhaust and JWT popcharger and NOT having oil burning issues, he knew EXACTLY who to call. The QC guy came and talked to me and gave me his card. He is now in charge of my oil consumption test and will be checking my car every 1000 miles. He even knew about 1 quart per 1000 miles "magic number" that Nissan/Infiniti have deemed as being acceptable. If it exceeds that, time for a new engine. Research that Act.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 AM
kool..thanx. But do u think that would work even though of my test pipes

Old 10-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Here's a start:

MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) .

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8124

Old 10-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If the dealer really wanted to be an **** about the tests pipes, they could probably report you to the EPA and let them ream you for at least a few grand in fines. Removing a piece of emissions equipment is a big no no.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test pipes definitely are not smog legal and should have been removed prior to dealership services.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got warranty denied...go figure...:rolleyes: