G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Clear inserts for Headlights???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear inserts for Headlights???

Hey i am getting a blue G35 coupe, and i dont really like the amber inserts in the headlights. Does any company make them for it, if they do how much is it??? Also are there any places that paint the headlight housing i would like to see one with a jdm black housing.

Thanks
Ed

Old 10-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Re: Clear inserts for Headlights???

ohhhh snappp that would be an ill idea. id be so down that yo, cause fo real that [censored] looks lil wierd, i mean its all good and stuff having those orange signal thingies but like clear is hella pimp. is it even possible to paint headlights yo??? [censored] i got a 03 black obsidian coupe, my first day on this site, a friend told me about this. anyways yoooo, id want my headlights painted black dogg, that would look pimp, but i dun think its possible. yo if anyone got the hook ups, holla atcha boy.
-Nate

Old 10-29-2003, 07:50 PM

check out www.clearcorners.com playa... btw clearing out that amber turn signal on the headlight is gonna cost lots of loot... might as well get the entire assembly. clearcorners.com is supposedly going to show their headlight conversion for the coupe very soon...

Old 10-29-2003, 09:43 PM

Actually you guys are in luck. Our company is working on getting clear replacement lenses for the amber piece that will be FAR less money than the clearcorners replacement.

We also do Headlight Painting, if you guys are interested we can do that as well... pm me if you are interested, also we would be able to do a projector retrofit in the high beams and low beams, but that is still in the works.

Any questions or comments feel free to pm me, or call me directly at 617-892-3480 we are EST

Thank You,
Eddie Spivak
Founder
www.fusionautodesigns.com

Old 10-30-2003, 10:32 PM

sorry i think i told you how much for what i wanted. But here it is anyways. Was wondering how much these would be.

1. The clears you are offering, if not out expected be be how much.
2. the HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust for a G35 coupe. Would these even work on the car. Please let me know thanks.

email me at anoormahmoud14@hotmail.com thanks

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 10-31-2003, 12:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please make a clear reflector replacement for the turn signals, i really cant stand that amber! would love to get these! everything is clear except for that one part that really gets on my nerves...

Old 11-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all, just wanted to chime in regarding the G35 amber signal lenses. For those of you wondering, this is not an item that can be sold as-is, the lens is 1-piece and injection molded, its part of the headlamp assembly. As seen on Pestilence's car, we have already done this conversion for the Sedan and are done with the Coupe, just waiting on some more parts before we feature the car on our site.

The Sedan lamp we offer on our site has LED rings. We stay away from calling them the trendy name "angel eyes," I think that should be reserved for BMW's with CELIS headlamps -- those lamps use prismatic rods to illuminate the interior of the headlamp assembly. Ours use custom circuit boards of wide-angle high-intensity LEDs. Due to strict legalities, we are only using white LEDs, they match with the HID and at the same time, are legal. We're not into selling red or blue, that just yells for trouble from the law.

As for price, we have listed what our conversions cost on our site. The headlamps have been fully retrofitted with high-intensity LEDs, including the turn signal. We use the highest quality LEDs available, the high-res images on our site show the quality of our conversions.

Since the G35 S/C both come with factory reflector HID, I dont see any major benefit in going with a projector retrofit. While the lighting pattern and cutoff may be sharper with projectors, the pro's and con's are hard to determine without some serious testing equipment. Getting the projectors mounted inside the assembly involves quite a bit of work, which obviously means high-cost. I completely respect the person who put the X5 projectors in his lights, I think thats awesome.. but from a business perspective, I dont foresee that conversion being offer on our site. One upgrade we MAY offer one day, is a Q45 multi-lens projector retrofit into the G35 headlamp -- that would be choice.

I cannot speak for other companies, but we have been in business for many years now and are very much well-known for selling rare, high-quality lighting goods.

Feel free to check out the website, or e-mail us if you have any questions or comments.

- Mike / ClearCorners.Com

http://www.ClearCorners.Com -//- There are four corners to this world, we're clearing each one, one step at a time.