G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Old 4 points + another 12 points ticket = 16 points Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh wow you're only 21, and you're getting married this upcoming summer? Congrats. Must be hard to be a full-time student and husband at the same time. Whoot for November birthdays. I'm only turning 19 this Nov.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EicarG351
oh wow you're only 21, and you're getting married this upcoming summer? Congrats. Must be hard to be a full-time student and husband at the same time. Whoot for November birthdays. I'm only turning 19 this Nov.
Thanks man, yeah i'm getting married next summer.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It might do you well to trade cars with your uncle (or someone) for a while to show that you are cooperating. So you have to drive a Town Car for a few months, better than driving a Zuma for 12 months! Plus, you can just trade back as soon as you get your license back.

How fast is expiation of speed or whatever?

Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by GTT
Please if you have any advise say it other wise don't post
That IS my advise. YOU ARE SCREWED! Unless you are willing to shell out big bucks and fight this.

Here in the states we have a "Hardship" or "Work only" license. You can use it to go to and from your job and that's it. If they catch you out at ANY OTHER TIME, GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL, Do not pass GO, Do not collect $200.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by STEVE-O
It might do you well to trade cars with your uncle (or someone) for a while to show that you are cooperating. So you have to drive a Town Car for a few months, better than driving a Zuma for 12 months! Plus, you can just trade back as soon as you get your license back.

How fast is expiation of speed or whatever?
Does expiation have something to do with Australia? I did a Google search and everything that comes up is from .AU websites.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I know here in AZ if you go over 8 points in 1 year you have your license suspended. You can have a hearing with the MVD but the chances of getting out of it are very low.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by GTT
man this is going to be expensive, i have already paid $2400 for the lawyer
Hate to say it, but stop whining. You wanted advice. That includes hearing things you may not want to hear.

Funny, you cite all these goals and reasons you need to 'get out' of a situation you yourself caused. If you had learned from the first ticket you got, you wouldn't have put yourself in the position for the cop to 'lie' and the judge 'to be jealous of you...' As if. Why would they? Really? They see 'you' and deal with 'you' every single day they go to work. What makes you special?

Get over yourself.

As I said in the other thread - you play, you pay. It's not a question of if, but when. We've all done it, the only difference is us old forks are past it and have learned our lesson. The only real difference I see is when I was getting my a$$ handed to me i went downtown and ponied up. Period. America wasn't the land of lawsuits and lawyers back then though, and immature little kids didn't own $40K cars. If you wanna-be road racers don't want to learn from sage advice, then realize YOU'RE GONNA GET POPPED. it will happen, probably more than once, until you learn the simple lesson that dicking around behind the wheel makes your life uncomfortable. Stop whining, man up, step up, and fix yourself. YOU are the only part of the equation YOU can control. Once you let the system into your life, you're along for the ride.

This a perfect example of why American society is a $hithole. Everything is someone elses fault, and no one wants to take responsibility for their actions.

The time to think about what could happen is BEFORE you let testosterone govern your 'DriVinG SkillZ.' The sooner you learn that, the better off your life and its 'goals' will be.

Have a nice day, and good luck with your situation. If you don't learn from it, at least take good notes - you'll need them next time.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Dude what the heck is up with you people who can't spell for crap! It's exhibition...not expiation! Might as well put in "R" and spell expiration.

GTT...I'm sorry but you're ufcked! Not a whole lot you can do because what's done is done. You clearly have a heavy foot and the judge was correct by saying people like you shouldn't have a car like this. Just because you have the power doesn't mean you use it at every chance you get. Sorry I'm biased...I would've thrown you in the slammer.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by GTT
Thanks man, yeah i'm getting married next summer.
Funny. I also married at 21. That's been 22 years ago. At the time my wife and were married, I also had no license for behavior very similar to your own. (I had already ridden out a 30 day license suspension, a 90 day suspension, and I was on a 1 year suspension) I was slow out of the blocks, but I wised up real quick. Haven't had a ticket now since (doing some math..) 1980 or so..

This is a no-$hit deal man. You CANNOT beat the system. It has more people than you, more money than you, and the law on its side. It's a choice. You either decide to use common sense and keep the cops out of your world, or you let them in (as a result of your behavior) and get to play in their system by their rules. Even if you beat the ticket, they win because you paid serious coin for the lawyer.

This is from an old guy. Trust me. Been there. Done it. Enjoy the car. Anyone who can apprecaite the car knows what it can do. If it's worth your money and your life to demonstrate it to inflate your ego, have a blast. Just have your checkbook ready.

I like my money in my pocket. Most people do.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by EicarG351
yeah boy 22 nov-4, any way this happened to me a while back when and mine was suspened for 90 days, just drive carefully, if you get pulled over just say you didn't know your driving privaledges were suspended, it worked for me, and i live in the quietest town in jersey where cops have nothing better to do than be a d*ck-head

Old 10-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
If you were smart, you shoulda took the bargain when you had the chance. Usually, the bargain is the best deal you're gonna make without having to spend an outrageous amount of cash, and you would still have your license. Too bad your lawyer sucked so bad. Whenever I get a ticket and I know I was at fault, I take the bargain. But now its too late so sorry to say it but you're ufcked.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:20 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Oh I guess you guys don't know the story. I wasn’t speeding at all.

Here is the story; it was 1:10 am, I was stopping by the traffic light trying to make a left turn. The lights turned green I pushed the gas paddles and started to roll like everyday normal driving, when I reached the speed of 20mph I pushed the car hard to the red line then I put it in 5th gear. As you guys know the gear ration for 1st is 40mph in the 6MT g35. When I shifted from 1st to 5th, I saw the red and the blue light behind me. At first I though it was an emergency, so I slowed do and pulled to the side, and then I was surprised when I saw him behead me. He came to the passenger window with loud and bad behavior and he said “what do you think you are doing?” I replied I “what did I do? It was green”. He said “no the way you take off from the traffic light”, I replied “I didn't do anything wrong” since I rolled my car to 20mph then I pushed it to 40mph I don't think there is something wrong and the speed limit was 40mph. Then he started to say that he can arrest me and towed my car.

In the court, he said that I was burning a rubber, and the road was wet. And when he tried to catch me he went over 65mph to make the distance between the cars constant. And this is what happened, and he said all the bull**** in the court and the judge believed him.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Chances are you're license is going to be suspended. Smartest thing to do in that situation is to drive with a suspended license, hope you don't get pulled over and then ARRESTED.

Thats great advice.

Just suck it up and learn. You said you got another speeding ticket after you recieved the 12 pointer? If you already had 14 points on your license then why the hell would you risk speeding, getting another ticket, and pretty much guaranteeing a suspension?

Seems like the a lot of people on these forums that start these threads aren't looking for advice, rather, they are looking for sympathy. Too late for that - you're gf/fiance might want to learn how to drive now.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Originally Posted by fabulustt7
yeah boy 22 nov-4, any way this happened to me a while back when and mine was suspened for 90 days, just drive carefully, if you get pulled over just say you didn't know your driving privaledges were suspended, it worked for me, and i live in the quietest town in jersey where cops have nothing better to do than be a d*ck-head
Thanks man for that advice appreciated. Wow, it’s very interesting that there are people been in the same situation before.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Originally Posted by JBKFizzle45
Chances are you're license is going to be suspended. Smartest thing to do in that situation is to drive with a suspended license, hope you don't get pulled over and then ARRESTED.

Thats great advice.

Just suck it up and learn. You said you got another speeding ticket after you recieved the 12 pointer? If you already had 14 points on your license then why the hell would you risk speeding, getting another ticket, and pretty much guaranteeing a suspension?

Seems like the a lot of people on these forums that start these threads aren't looking for advice, rather, they are looking for sympathy. Too late for that - you're gf/fiance might want to learn how to drive now.
Trust me in all tickets I didn’t mean to speed. The first 2 points, I was driving in traffic and there was an F150 push me to speed it up by getting very close to my rear bumper, when I stepped on the gas, my passport says LASER I slowed down but the police guy got my speed already. Even though, there was a car driving next to me, but the cops pointed the laser on me.

The last ticket, it was after I installed my Utec. The car was making a wired sound like it's going to blow up, and the sound comes only when I push the gas. So, because I was smart I pushed the gas to hear the sound trying to identify the sound if it's coming from the transmission or the engine. When the cops flashed his light, I was doing 75mph on 55mph and I didn't even know that because I was trying to hear the sound. Finally, the cause of the sound was because I was 2 quartets low in oil.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Old 4 points + another 12 points ticket = 16 points Help