G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Thinking of Selling.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of Selling.....

Thinking of selling my G35coupe for an Audi A4. Test drove one and the quality of the car is unbelivable compaired to the Infiniti not that im flaming it. The resons why im thinking of this is because Winter is coming up and now I commute to work 50 miles a day back and forth, I need new tires, and maybe breakes, gas is horrable on these cars, and can't take the rattles any more and have changed the CD player 4 times already. I have 9 more months left on my lease, so im thinking maybe I should just dump the money into another car...plus my good friend works for audi so that another good resion im going for Audi.

BUT......everytime I get out of my car I look at it and don't want to give it up...its so hard to part with it.

This is the compairison....

04 G35 Coupe, IP with Black Leather, 6mt, Brembos, Aerodynamic pak, Premimum pak, 18" wheels, only 23,300 miles on it.

and...

07 Audi A4 2.0T, Black on Black, 6mt, Quattro, S-line pak, Convieniance pak, Heated seats, 18 wheels, very rare car...
I will lease this car for only 2 years.....

I test drove it...it was a dream but the power is not there like the G but the overall quaity of the ride, handeling and interior of the Audi is just that much better. oh and if I get it im deffienly going to chip it too to get a little more HP out of it. What do you guys think? I'm so confused with this...I'm just scared for the winter dpn't want to crash it or anything, but I don't want anybody to have my baby eather!!! nothing else is catching my eye for the money and the hook up. HELP!!!!

Old 10-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if the audi is that rare. get it. G's are nice cars, but audis are more luxurious and the all wheel drive helps

Old 10-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by brianyun
if the audi is that rare. get it. G's are nice cars, but audis are more luxurious and the all wheel drive helps
Audis are good cars for the first 40K miles. Then they fall aprat. Just from experience ... that was an a6 though

Old 10-29-2006, 10:51 AM
my friend has a 2.0t and my other one has a 1.8t and has had so many problems with it, i wouldnt go with audi from what my buddies told me. maybe they've gotten better over the years... i see uve had problems with ur g too though =/

if i had to pick between the two ide stick with the G.
A4's nice though, wouldnt be a bad switch. is ur buddy giving u a good deal on it? make sure u know what ur getting urself into with a black car too... keep it clean!!!

good luck with ur decision!

Old 10-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Audis are good cars for the first 40K miles. Then they fall aprat. Just from experience ... that was an a6 though
not just audi but european cars in general

Old 10-29-2006, 12:18 PM
We had an Audi 90 Quattro, the predecessor to the A4. We usually keep our cars 9-10 years, but sold that one in year 6. So many things went wrong with it that we were really getting tired of the costly service. If you think G35s are expensive to maintain, get ready for big $$$ German car maintenance.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:58 AM
well, since u are leasing the Audi brand new, resale and maintenance really isnt an issue for u.
however, if u want to keep the G but need AWD, why not consider a used WRX?

Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
sounds like the audi is for u, I say go for it.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:19 AM
I would prob go with a the new 335 ci with the twin turbos. Audis are nice but in the past Ive hard horrible customer service with them. Just my 2 cents

Old 10-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Don't go by anecdotal info. Check out quality reports like JD Powers. My wife has owned 3 Audi A4s since 1997. She puts around 25K miles a year on her cars and keeps them for around 90K miles before selling them. She just bought her third A4 and has never had any serious problems with them.

As you mentioned the interior of the A4 is about as good as they come. Also the fit and finish of the A4 is top notch. I had more squeaks and rattles on my G35 after 2K miles than my wife had on her A4s after 90K miles. You'll find that the paint on the A4 is also superior to the G's. My wife's first A4 was black and it didn't scratch anywhere as easily as my G35.

As a commuter the A4 is far superior to the G35. You'll love quattro not only in the snow but also the rain. I've never driven a car that felt so stable when driving fast in the rain. The A4 has decent power but it's not as quick as the G35.

If you are interested in something flashy, I wouldn't go with the A4. The G35 is far superior to the A4 from a design perspective. Also, if you are into street racing, the A4 isn't the car for you. It handles well, especially with the optional sports suspension, but it's not as fast a a G.

So bottom line, if you want a comfortable car with a great interior, outstanding fit and finish, that handles well in all kinds of weather, and gets great gas mileage, the A4 is the car for you. Also, you'll find that the A4 costs about $5K less than comparably equipped BMWs.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not all of the German cars have maintenance issues, but I would never think of having one out of warranty. I am actually planning on leasing an A8 L (most likely a Certified Pre-owned for warranty coverage) and moving on from my G. The quality, fit and finish, and even the feel of the doors closing are of a different class, not sayin Infiniti's is bad, but its hard to explain. I have read consumer reports, and have read one thing, but everyone that I know that owns a VW, BMW, or Audi says, when the warranty is near the end, look to get out of it!

Old 10-30-2006, 01:36 PM
I moved from a 2002 Audi A4 (every option in the book) to the 2005 G35 coupe (everything minus nav).
My reason for the move was the A4 was nearing its factory warranty and that I had it for 3 yrs. No other reason! I change my cars every 2 to 3 yrs. So its time had come. Just like the G35c's time will be up this coming Spring.

I loved the Audi... it was a great car. I didnt have any issues with it expect for the recall on the coils... which was replaced by dealer. Plus the fact I did not even pay for even one oil change or any work. The Infiniti dealers just rip you.... anyways, some of my obervations:

1. The Audi interiors are the best in the business... they are great to look at and to touch. The G35c is a disappointment with all the use of cheap plastic. I think in the interiors dept the G35c is a rattle *****... I have to pump up the volume to down play all the rattles I have.

2. Exterior's no doubt the G35c wins hands down.

3. Handling - I live in the NE... the A4 wins year round ... The quattro is expectional not only in the snow but in the dry as well. I have taken turns with more confidence with the A4 than with the G35c. I dont care for people who talk about take it to the track and turn of your VDC... that statement holds no value to me... on everyday driving with the speeds and the turns ... I felt more secure in throwing the A4 around.

4. Power - The G35c creams the A4 on power... That is one this which is very admirable of this car. The 2.0T comes with the FSI engine which helps in reducing the turbo lag .... but the power is just not comparable.

5. Service - All dealers have serivces reps that are a$$es ... but in my experience I have had a great time with them... they have been more receptive to conversation and explaning the issue at hand.

6. Modding - With the A4's 2.0T engine its more tuneable... but with the lease I dont know if that is a good idea, even a chip will void warranty... its wholly your call.

You plan on having the car a couple of years on a lease .... so you don't really have to worry about extended warranty... any german car after 50K miles can call for expensive work without notice... but that shouldnt be a problem for you...

Finally, I think you will be very pleased with the Audi (I sure was). My lease on the Infi will be up in April and I might go back to the Audi... this time I am looking at the A6... but it will all depend on the deals available at the time.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Used Audi S4 FTW

Old 10-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by nchima
Used Audi S4 FTW

Yea... now you are talking! thats a good way to go... if you can find something with 25K-30K miles a 2004 or so (certified) ... the S4s have 340hp... then you will have it all!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
New RS4 all the way..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling.....