G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

accident--need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accident--need advice

hey guys...

i was backing out of a parking spot at approx 5mph and out of nowhere i end up hitting this chick behind me. it was a 2001 honda civic and the damage wasnt severe at all.

i think one of her clips broke off her bumper while i suffered a few scratches but heres the situation.

we both have insurance but agreed not to settle through it. i offered to pay her for the damage since i was the one reversing.

her bumper was previously messed up...a bunch of paint chipping and scratches which was on the left, i only hit the right...

she callls me and wants $700 and sent me an estimate...

shes basically going to remove her whole bumper and replace it...but my damage was about $200

should i still pay her...make her sign a release form and its over

or should i go make her go through the insurance...

what would you do?

Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM
she's also being very difficult....like offerd a cashiers check and she tells me she wants cash or she will not sign anything....

she wouldnt get more than 1 estimate....

Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tell her to claim a hit and run and pay her deductible and that would be way cheaper, as long as she has a deducilbe 500 and under i would go that route

wish u the best of luck man, i have seen people try to do this b4, try to get there previous damage fixed from someone just tappign them, thats why if u end up goign thru insurance they write a previous damge report =0)

Joe

Old 11-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned
first off, sorry to hear about the accident. you're responsible for all the damage though. $700 is pretty good for hers and $200 isnt bad either. just pay it... it'll cost you less in the long run to pay it all upfront. I'm dealing with such things in a similar situation. hope all works out well

replaced w/ new back bumper for honda civic prolly cost around ther!! u don't want go throu insure for that shiet!!! prolly est around 500 to 700$.. if she going throu insure prolly the insure company pay back around that much to replace the bumper!! and you dont want your insured goin up!! i don't thinks is worth to go through insure!! 500 or 600 just pay her should be fine!!

Originally Posted by j12baller
hey guys...

i was backing out of a parking spot at approx 5mph and out of nowhere i end up hitting this chick behind me. it was a 2001 honda civic and the damage wasnt severe at all.

i think one of her clips broke off her bumper while i suffered a few scratches but heres the situation.

we both have insurance but agreed not to settle through it. i offered to pay her for the damage since i was the one reversing.

her bumper was previously messed up...a bunch of paint chipping and scratches which was on the left, i only hit the right...

she callls me and wants $700 and sent me an estimate...

shes basically going to remove her whole bumper and replace it...but my damage was about $200

should i still pay her...make her sign a release form and its over

or should i go make her go through the insurance...

what would you do?

Last edited by thtran7; 11-28-2006 at 01:45 PM.
yeah but if i go through the insurance...isn't the total cost going to be greater than 700 in the long run....

my insurance will increase..ill have a claim..im 20....

do you think i should just pay her and make her sign?

Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 PM
ok sounds goods...ill pay her straight up and make her sign a release...

you guys may have misunderstood me in my first post.....

when i said $200...i think that was the actual damage cost of her car...but shes bumping it up to $700....

but $700 is way better then my insurance costing me extra thousands...

plus my deductible is 500.....so its almost the same thing

*pay her and dont go through insurance and make sure she signs a release form--will do

thanks guys

Old 11-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man whatta pita and a waste of mullahh

Old 11-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you make her sign a release, go and get it notarized. I can tell you, if you don't get it notarized, she can say she signed nothing, received no money, and can report it to her insurance company as you leaving the scene of an accident. Def get it notarized, and being that the dullard demanded you give her cash, and not a cashiers check tells you about her ignorance.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM
this is true, you have a very good point. but this document is from my lawyer, she says shes also going to bring her own release form.

do you really think this girl will try to screw me twice?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by j12baller
this is true, you have a very good point. but this document is from my lawyer, she says shes also going to bring her own release form.

do you really think this girl will try to screw me twice?
I do think she will try to screw you over, but by having your lawyer take care of this, she won't be able to!

Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
yeah...my lawyer basically said, pay her the money, make sure she signs everything and you have all of her info.

if she tries to do anything after, its going to be very difficult.

the sad thing about this is....i really dont think im at fault...even though people are 95% when theyre backing up.....

when i looked behind me NO ONE was there...i was going 5mph....she was probably doing 20mph in the parking lot...she came OUT OF NOWHERE....

thanks guys

Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
I don't know about in Cali, but over here, if you see a girl driving a Civic, be prepared for her to do the dumbest thing in the world. She probably was no where in sight when you looked, and turned a corner hauling a$$

Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned
I doubt your rates would go up if you settled that way. But then again i am not an agent so don't quote me. Let's just say i've had some pricey run ins and my insurance is fine. I just wish you could give the shop teh money and make ehr get it repaired if you think its too much. I surely know i'd take your 700 and have a good day sounds like her bumper isnt or already was bad in the first place so why fix

Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Good Luck,

My last accident was caused by distraction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: accident--need advice