G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

97 supra or 04 g35 coupe????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supra

i used to own a 94 NA supra....was totaled by my lil brother, now have an 04 G......if u were you, id get the supra....no hesitation....fix her up and drive a fully paid off car, get the G later on....ive seen the NA engine hit 180k numerous times without problems...thats a good 2 years to save up then drop the turbo engine in there. around 10k for the swap with a new engine tranny and proper wire harnesses and ecu....then you can have a 400 hp beast with just a few basic mods....plus stock block in good for around 650 hp reliable if not more.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:02 AM
love the supra, i say go witht the supra. less headache on making payments. trust me, i've been through it and it is not fun having every paycheck taken away to pay off the car.

plus the supra is a rare and sexy car and a classic eye opener, though NA now, you can always invest some money and make it a a beast(eventually). I would love to own a supra now but too many are over-priced!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:04 AM
No GTE, no care

Old 12-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Otacon132
ohhhhhh boy, id take a supra anyday over my g35, for looks and speed. - IF it was in perfect runing condition, and was doing 10 second 1/4 miles. and the body/paint was glimmering flawless!
Since we have not scene the car are you assuming it's in prestine condition for $7k? Also the n/a supra does 10.25? Sorry i was just entering h.s with no license when this car was released so i didn't follow much. Then agian i don't follow now b/c my bike does faster times.

Anyhow the way i look at it is i'm glad the g35 only came in one engine size, i would have felt cheap buying the 35 if a 45 or 35tt were released at the same time.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by MyLilBlkG
love the supra, i say go witht the supra. less headache on making payments. trust me, i've been through it and it is not fun having every paycheck taken away to pay off the car.

plus the supra is a rare and sexy car and a classic eye opener, though NA now, you can always invest some money and make it a a beast(eventually). I would love to own a supra now but too many are over-priced!
Every pay check.....you are not talking about the entire thing are you.

Anyhow just get what you want, you left a question open for interpertation and we know nothing about you.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:48 PM
well the girl lives in town. I seen and drove the car, it look pretty clean and might need some minor motor work and perhaps other stuff! But she said her dad has taken the car to toyota to get alot of the things replaced alredy! And good thing is she told me her father will pay to get EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING that needs to be fix.

i am a college student will be done next summer! Having a paid off car IS better then having one you gota keep paying for! insurance isnt much like i stated.

i like the fact that its a rare car, and it perhaps would turn a few heads! i mite as well keep the NA motor that is in there since everything will be fixed and checked if any needed! If the motor is fine i can always go turbo! the GTE motor would cost more then the damn car alone so ill stay away from that! I like power as much as the rest of you, but im not to crazy about driving a car with like 400+ HP fpr daily use.

so the way i seee it is. She did tell me the car will go to the shop to see whats going on with. RUn all kinds of test and what not. after that im sure the car will last for a good while! i can go turbo for roughly 1200-1500 xtra bux if i want the xtra power. car will be paif off and insurance wont be much.

so i think that would be a good buy, i can always get the G when i get me a good job next year AND keep the supra! So i can get the best of both worlds :-D