G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How does this lease rate sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does this lease rate sound?

i have been going on infiniti's website using their calculators to try and figure out some sort of payment. well after doing this for a night or two. i went to the dealership yesterday and found out it was totally off. this is where i sit. $490 a month, w/ $6000 down for a 60 month lease and the msrp is $35,465 and that is for 15,000 miles a year. i don't plan on leasing that long. i just need the payments low just incase i get into the police academy, because they make no money for those 6 months. now after a year i'd refin. and try to get a good rate on a purchase. right now i'm sitting at 7.7% on a purchase for 60 months if i choose that option. what i may do is take it down to 12,000 miles a year because i still have a '93 max., '96 civic and '03 accord coupe. (honda's are the wifes) anyway that way i can bring it down lower. do you guys think that this a good rate? i'm not too worry about the down payment because i'm selling my '01 gsxr1000 for $8500 so i'll have some cash on hand and income tax is right around the corner. thanks for any advise or help. i may go for it. it's a black/ willow with aero and 6MT of course/ prem. everything but nav. later.

Old 01-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Re: How does this lease rate sound?

I don't think you will be happy with yourself if you made that deal! Do the math $6,000 down + 60 payments at $490 = $35,400. Infiniti's have really shotty depreciation, but not that bad. You would be better off to put the $6,000 down and then finance the rest (you should be able to find a loan at 6.5% or less, unless your credit has issues). If you really want to lease and have reasonable payments, try a 48 mo term (the warranty is only 48 mo's) and cut the miles back to 12k per year (it's 25-35 cents per mile over). Then play with how much you put down. $6,000 down is way too much in my mind for a lease, your better off to invest most of that.

Most important, don't get too excited when buying the car, take your time to read all the numbers and make sure you feel good about them. Pay particular attention to the "rent charge" on a lease. This should be some dealer gravy there to cut into . . . If you can, take someone who has gone through this before and doesn't care one way or another if you get the car. They will help you stay rational!

Good Luck!

JN

JN
Carribean Blue Coupe
5A/T, Leather, Premium Pack, Tint

Old 01-24-2003, 02:25 PM

The Infiniti web site is dead accurate using the infiniti leasing program. (Minus Taxes BTW) They are probably using local/other bank lease programs.

Infiniti lease usually gives a much better Residual value for the G35's The banks said 50% and Infiniti was 62% or something. Huge difference.

G35 Coupe / Premium / Nav
Ivory Pearl / Willow Leather
SSR GT3 19"s w/ Bridgestone SO-3

Old 01-24-2003, 03:32 PM

the finance guy says that i'm going through infiniti finance. he says that it is standard across the board. i'm going to try and get a loan through one of my two credit unions. hopefully that will work. at least i know that i'm approved through infiniti. (not that it should have been a problem). if i don't get the loans in time, i'll take their loan and try to refin. in a year.

Old 01-24-2003, 05:07 PM

nope no bad credit, plus leases don't change due to credit correct either you are approved or not.

Old 01-24-2003, 06:14 PM

I ordered a DG 6mt premium aero which will be here in April. My payments will be;
Inceptions (1,300)
510/month 36 months (w/ tax)
15k a year

I you have 6k laying around finance the car. When you put money down on a lease, that money is lost....

Old 01-24-2003, 08:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how long you keep your cars. Remember in the end you walk away from the lease but walk into another payment, be it lease or buy.
While those that buy have paid for the vehicle, in these days of low interest rates the difference between a lease payment and buy is not that much.

Merlin.

Old 01-24-2003, 08:57 PM

see that's just it. i don't know how long i'll stay in the car because i'll be interested in the turbo option if it came out in a year or two. i just got off of the phone with the finance guy and told him to find my a better rate even if it is to buy. he's working on it, so hopefully when the car gets here he'll have a good rate for me. it should be here either today or tomorrow. the truck is on the way.

Old 01-25-2003, 09:25 AM

i thought you wanted a graphite interior, just curious

Old 01-25-2003, 10:16 AM

I think thats too expensive.

I have a 39 month lease, msrp 34,865, 12k/yr, 4k down, $450/month.

Granted your car is a few hundred dollars more and you get the extra 3k miles per year, but that will only be a difference of about $20/month. You're also putting an extra $2k down and paying for an extra 11 months.

Something is definately wrong.

Old 01-25-2003, 04:34 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

zaid, buying and leasing is NOT the same at all. There is a huge difference. Leases are cheaper in the short-run, but more expensive in the long-run. And putting money down on a lease is useless because even though it brings your payments down, you still pay that much upfront...I'd rather keep that 6K in a bank or some form of investment that has returns of 4% or so.
Putting money down on a buy is smart because it means your borrowing less from the bank meaning you are not paying as much interest money.
Damen, you shouldnt get a 4 or 5 year lease if you plan to change cars, you will lose ALOT of money when you trade it in after 1 or 2 years!!!! Either do a 3 year lease, or do a 5 year buy and sell it privately whenever you get sick of it... just my advice..... or give it to the wife

Old 01-25-2003, 11:33 PM

i was always interested in willow interior

Old 01-25-2003, 11:38 PM

damn boogie that's very close to the internet and the finance guy told me that those calculations were way off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How does this lease rate sound?