G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

End of Lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End of Lease

If your Breaks and tires need replacement at the end of your lease and you give it to the dealer like that...will they charge you for it??? and I have Brembos....

Old 01-01-2007, 09:48 PM
tires definatly they will charge for...brakes im not sure about.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:02 PM
i have the same dilemma ... i know they might go after me for the tires.... but i dont think the brakes should be an issue.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
bjg
I've turned in 2 leases through nissan/infiniti both cars had bald tires and one had a big dent. If you are getting another Infiniti you have leverage with them. I didn't get charged anything! The dealership was screaming that I needed new tires and to fix the dent. I told them Infiniti would take care of me and they did.

Its worth a shot, worst thing that could happen is you pay them money later not sooner.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bjg
I've turned in 2 leases through nissan/infiniti both cars had bald tires and one had a big dent. If you are getting another Infiniti you have leverage with them. I didn't get charged anything! The dealership was screaming that I needed new tires and to fix the dent. I told them Infiniti would take care of me and they did.

Its worth a shot, worst thing that could happen is you pay them money later not sooner.
So they got the money out of you on your next purchase, but bottom line they got their money.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:52 PM
bjg
Do you mean they charged me extra on the new ones?

Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FAST1
So they got the money out of you on your next purchase, but bottom line they got their money.
obviously! That's the usual nissan deal on leases. Won't the breaks be covered anyways if your warrantee is still applicable? If this is the case, you'd only have to pay for tires (which are expensive as hell for our car)

Old 01-02-2007, 05:09 PM
bjg
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
obviously! That's the usual nissan deal on leases. Won't the breaks be covered anyways if your warrantee is still applicable? If this is the case, you'd only have to pay for tires (which are expensive as hell for our car)

I don't think ya'll understand the difference between turning a lease in and TRADING a lease in. You turn a lease in you can walk away.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Read your lease—your maintenace obligations are there. More often than not there is also a clause stating your being subject to costs for a certain amount of time after termination of your lease. This is in there to cover items whose wear is not immediately apparent in the walk-around cursory inspection.

Brakes are NEVER covered by a warranty. They are a wear and tear item.

Do your homework. The document should answer most of these questions.

As for BJG, the negative equity from the bald tires and dent was probably accounted for in the bottom line of his new purchase. Negative equity from damage or extra miles (if you dont pay for them outright) can be and is usually rolled into the loan or cost of the new vehicle you're getting.

PWNED if thats the case and you didnt know it! Banks ALWAYS get their money.

Last edited by kidtronix; 01-02-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:40 AM
bjg
Originally Posted by kidtronix
Read your lease—your maintenace obligations are there. More often than not there is also a clause stating your being subject to costs for a certain amount of time after termination of your lease. This is in there to cover items whose wear is not immediately apparent in the walk-around cursory inspection.

Brakes are NEVER covered by a warranty. They are a wear and tear item.

Do your homework. The document should answer most of these questions.

As for BJG, the negative equity from the bald tires and dent was probably accounted for in the bottom line of his new purchase. Negative equity from damage or extra miles (if you dont pay for them outright) can be and is usually rolled into the loan or cost of the new vehicle you're getting.

PWNED if thats the case and you didnt know it! Banks ALWAYS get their money.
Ok guys I'm a finance manager. I know what I am talking about. This is how I earn a living. There was no neg equity rolled in because I did NOT trade the car in. I TURNED it in. They were Two seperate transactions. Nowhere on the new lease is another car mentioned.
All I am try to tell you guys is with my 15 years in the car business and my dealings with Infiniti(great company) is not to worry about it and turn the car in. If they call you and tell you that you owe them money because you needed new brakes, tell them that you feel like you shouldn't have to pay them any extra since you are a loyal customer and if that doesn't work then pay them. You have nothing to lose. But its up to you, if you're scared then say you're scared! Remember guys EVERTHING IS NEGOTIABLE! EVERYTHING!

Old 01-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by bjg
I don't think ya'll understand the difference between turning a lease in and TRADING a lease in. You turn a lease in you can walk away.
no clearly you don't. You will be charged for wear and tear if you just want to turn in your leased car once your lease expires. That's why they nissan/infiniti will knock off some of if not all depending on the deal you get of these wear an tear costs if you purchase another infiniti (in our case)

Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
bjg
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
no clearly you don't. You will be charged for wear and tear if you just want to turn in your leased car once your lease expires. That's why they nissan/infiniti will knock off some of if not all depending on the deal you get of these wear an tear costs if you purchase another infiniti (in our case)

Correct, but they don't roll that wear and tear into the cost of your new vehicle, therefore you are not paying for new brakes tires etc. Infiniti eats that cost, doesn't cost you a dime. You aren't paying more for your lease than a person walking in off the street. If the salesperson leads you to believe that then you're an idiot and paying too much!