G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

PICS Rear Side panel removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: PICS Rear Side panel removal

This is a great post, thought I would add my two cents. My problems started when trying to reinstall side panels. There are three different tupes of clips used here vs door panel where they are all the same. The leading edge uses three white clips just like on front door, then there are three yellow ones along top edge and a long white one in the very back. I thought I had panel pretty well lined up and started hitting it to snap everthing back in place. Well they weren't lined up and I ended up breaking the long white one and one of the yellow ones. The dealer didn't stock them and I am still waiting for replacements. I got one side on without damage and this is what I found. First you hook the tabs way in the back into the package shelf. Now start to align the panel while looking to see the long tab is going to enter its receptacle. Same for yellow tabs. If they seem to be lined up, it's kinda hard to see, go ahead and smack it in place. Now you can hit the leading edge ones. They are not so fragile. There will be a piece of the panel up at window area which may or may not be locked by it's two tabs. I tried hooking these first and then I couldn't see what I was doing with the back clips. So I took a thin dull knife and pulled the adjacent moulding with tab receptacles towards the piece of panel with the tabs and they snapped in. This probably seems very complicated, maybe no one else will have the problems i did but thought I would share.

Old 11-20-2003, 05:01 AM

i brought my G yesterday to the dealer and i'll pick it up today. they said they fixed it already... hopefully it wont come back... it's disappointing to have a new car that we have to go through this... esp. being an infiniti...

Old 12-11-2003, 10:47 PM

thanks, this really help me out.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
G SQUAD

I havent checked this post since I posted those pics....it would be nice to get an email every time a post is made to the thread ...but here you only get an email if someone replies to your particular post....admins should change that....either way fellas thanks for the love on the post...hope it helped...cause like I always say nothing beats a PIC!!!

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 04-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

GOOD JOB! Removing that plastic trim piece is one of the more nebulous tasks for swapping out the backseat side panel 6.5" speakers. Thanks for taking those pictures. I didn't remove that piece since my car audio install crew did it for me.

What would be great if you (or someone else) did a DIY guide for all inclusive speaker swaps for the front separates, backseat side panels and rear shelf speakers. What would be good is how to remove all the appropriate backseat, screws, clips, plastic panels and speaker wires/brackets, etc.

Maybe someone will get ambitious and do this DIY. It really needs to be done so people can potentially do their own speaker install and save buku $$$ from car audio install stores that tend to jack up our install G prices. It would also help car audio shops do their installs easier and quicker so they don't keep our G's for more than 2-3 days.

I suffered from separation anxiety when my car audio shop had my car for only a day and a half. lol

Old 04-01-2004, 02:25 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to sound proof my car better. Mostly the rear well wells. From your picture, it looks like I would have to take out the back seat (top & bottom) to do this; but not the side panels. Is that correct?

Old 04-05-2004, 03:24 PM
G SQUAD

Yeah just the seats not the side panels....but if you really wanna sound proof it good you can take the panels off too

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH