G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Uncomfortable Seat Belt on G Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JSpec350GT
Hi guys,

I have 06 G MT6 Coupe, I bought my car about 4 months back. My height is about 5'8".

I have some problem with seat belt whenever I put it on so I kept driving my car without wearing a seat belt for 4 month now...yes I'm still survive.

Whenever I put my seat belt and drive for awhile, the seat belt tends to move upward, wrap around my neck, and stays there. I think it's even more dangerous because it can slice and cut my head off when there is enough impact. Have you guys ever seen or heard seat belts slice and cut people chests and necks when they get into hard accidents? Yeah, I'm afraid of that.

I tried to reposition the seat belt in different angles but it didn't help.

Do you guys have similar problem? How do you do?

I'm thinking of get rid of stock seat belts and go with 4 points harness seat belts on stock seats to fix the problem. But first I want to see if you guys are facing same kind of problem here.

Thanks,
T
I'm 5'6" and had the same problem; I tried all sorts of things and then I found these:
Uncomfortable Seat Belt on G Coupe-2f_1_b.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Seatb...QQcmdZViewItem

They ROCK!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^
^^ Completely lost here my friend. Got any pictures about what you said? I really want to see. If you don't have it, it's ok.

Thanks,
T
That's basically what I and I think, DrewTheSuit was talking about. See how the shoulder belt is clipped to the lap belt? Then you slide it to where the shoulder belt will stop rubbing on your neck.

Good find 'htownboy'...picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks people.
I'll get one of those clips that htownboy recommends. Awesome find man.
Originally Posted by RawFusion
I don't think it's possible for the seatbelt to decapitate you. In an accident where you fly forward the part of the seatbelt that goes around your waist will hold you the most. And since the belt goes from your right hip up across your neck there is no real way for it to take your head off. Remember, the airbag will help stop you from going forward also.

Seriously, the point of the seatbelt is to keep you in the vehicle where you have a better chance of surviving an accident.

I hope you find a way to make the seatbelt more comfortable.
Ahh...looks like you haven't seen the seat belts slices people chests and necks pictures yet. I don't want to post those pictures in here...It's too graphic and colorful. PM me, and I'll send you some of those pictures to prove you that the seat belts can harm people if they not position their seat belts properly.

T

Old 01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
i thought the 06 seats have a seatbelt guide ..which was supposed to solve the problem...are you 06 ppl still having the problem?

Old 01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure about other years but my 06 seat belt guides don't do anything except holding wrap around seat belts for you to grab easy.

T

Old 01-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^yes, those are the exact clips i am running and couldn't be happier...best wal-mart purchase i ever made

Old 01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by waterp7
i thought the 06 seats have a seatbelt guide ..which was supposed to solve the problem...are you 06 ppl still having the problem?
Yup...just what Jspec said.
Infiniti should've made the seatbelt guide adjustable to go up or down on the seat, like it's adjustable on the sedans B pillard.
Wouldn't have been very hard to incorporate that design in the seat. Hmmm...wonder if the 12th generation 08's will be adjustable.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks people.
I'll get one of those clips that htownboy recommends. Awesome find man.

Ahh...looks like you haven't seen the seat belts slices people chests and necks pictures yet. I don't want to post those pictures in here...It's too graphic and colorful. PM me, and I'll send you some of those pictures to prove you that the seat belts can harm people if they not position their seat belts properly.

T
Oh, I'm sure seatbelts hurt you to some extent when you use them in an accident, but cut your head off? I don't think so. The airbags leave a nice little mark on your face too. Both of those will help keep you from smashing into the steering wheel and/or over the dash and out through the windshield.

Look, I understand where you're coming from. My point is that wearing a seatbelt is better for your health than not wearing one. If a person dies in a horrible accident, it's likely they didn't die due to injuries cause by the seatbelt. Again, it's safer in the car than flying out of the car especially if you're doing 120+ and flipping five or more times.

Air bags, seatbelts, engines dropping, etc. help up to a point. After that there's nothing that can be done.

Back on topic, yes, try the clip. It's a small price to pay for comfort and safety.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
doesnt bother me i guess I fit just right

Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by htownboy
I'm 5'6" and had the same problem; I tried all sorts of things and then I found these:
Attachment 60963
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Seatb...QQcmdZViewItem

They ROCK!
Ha...I finally bought this clip from local auto part store and it works very good. So no more seat belt rubbing my neck.

Thanks a lot man,
T

Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but this has been driving me nuts for a while now..

The link above is dead now. Does anyone have a link or picture of this "clip" they were talking about?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I don't think theres a chance of decapitaion.. but I can agree on it being uncomfortable.. Please post pics of these mechanisms that bring it down and where can you get them?

Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ditto. I need one of these clips baaad cuz it drives me crazy with the seatbelt cutting into my neck all the time.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
In for a pic of this clip thing. I'm kind of short and wish the seat belt had a height adjustment like on my G20, and the FX, and just about an other newer car that isn't a coupe. I've just gotten used to it though, lean on the center arm rest instead of on the door and it won't bug you.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Fra...Q5fAccessories

I opted for some black ones that snapped on for 8.99 shipped. If I don't like them I will sell them to whoever wants them for the same price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230429557821

Last edited by Affalterbach; 06-16-2011 at 09:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Affalterbach:
flyinb501 (06-21-2011), toogood131 (06-16-2011)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable Seat Belt on G Coupe