G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

guys/girls help me fight this ticket!! (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: guys/girls help me fight this ticket!! (long)

it stunk when i took the state internet traffic school online course. it takes 4 hours to complete! each chapter took me about 5-7 minutes to read (instead of the 15-20 they expect), but the thing is timed so it wouldn't let me go ahead until the timer ran down. so basically, i'd do my reading/answer questions, get up and do something else, and keep checking back to see if the time's up.

but eh, it's much better than a sit-down classroom course with people who insist on asking questions when the answers are all in the driver's manual.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 11-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah by the way... the pacing he did...

let me clear this up... lets say i was traveling from point a to point b (where i made a U-Turn) and back to point a again...

the cop said he saw me speeding 1/2 way from point a to point b... i saw him going the other direction when i was going toward point a from point b... he pulls me over on 1/2 way ( 1/2 way point b to point a)

the point im saying is that... how can he say he was pacing me if he wasnt EVEN NEAR me? i didnt see ANY car that was following me the 1st place... its like saying "i was 1 mile behind you but i was pacing you"...

Old 11-21-2003, 08:46 PM

What worked in my case, may not work for yours, and Court circumstances vary considerably from state to state.

My case was almost identical to yours in that it revolved around the question of "pacing."

In my case, I knew that I was over the posted limit, but when I do such driving, I generally try to carefully watch my rear view mirror. About three quarters of a mile behind me was a sweeping wide turn, in which I could see the Black and White CHP cruiser broadside. This was a time when double nickles was the highway limit, so I quickly dropped it down to 55 MPH.

He put on his red light, and I stopped. The very first words out of his mouth was: "well your rear mirror sure works well." I argued that he was so far back that he could not possibly have paced me. He wrote the ticket anyhow.

This will work a lot better if you have to appear before a Judge than a Magistrate. At that point, I decided to do some research. I located the CHP office for our area and asked to talk to the highest level officer I could locate at that office. I said I would like to make an appointment to read their Operations Manual that spells out the standard the Officer must follow to meet their pacing definition. He said no one had ever asked that question, and besides it is confidential information, and it is not available to the public. So I didn't have any opportunity to read the manual.

In court on my trial day, I was before a Judge. I related my efforts to read the Operations Manual, and the refusal by CHP to allow such review. I stated that in my opinion, this was a clear violation of due process in that they refused to allow me to see the standard upon which the ticket was written. That's not fair or appropriate.

The Judge said he had been on the bench a long time and thought that he had heard them all, but this argument was a first for him. While he did not dismiss the matter, he did reduce the fine to the smallest amount permitted by current California Code. Hope you find this story helpful. Keep us informed.

03G35c/C_Blue/Willow/5AT/Prem/Splash/ SteetPilot 2610/V1/SAT/XM/18" PermaStar rims w/NITTOs/Borla True Dual Exhaust/Gialla Grille/Z Intake/Dynamat Door Kit.

142961-Gialla452SmDS.jpg

Old 04-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the trial was today 4/13/2004...

guess what...

ITS DISMISSED! hahaha thank you all for the help!!

i gathered all the facts n the violation etc... told everything to the judge... nailed the officer w/ questions... hahah im so happy! thats $200 and 1 point saved... phewww...

Old 04-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice to see the little guy wins once in a while........[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Next time you go out to play....be careful and keep one eye open for the law!
<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 04-13-2004, 08:36 PM

give us some details dude about what happened at trial. i'm dying to know how you guys nailed the cop cuz i frickin' hate cops and it's nice to see one of us win one against the cops.