G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New owner - 350GT from Japan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's all the fuss over? It's the same car just right hand drive? Everyone is acting like it's the holy grail.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver350GT
What's all the fuss over? It's the same car just right hand drive? Everyone is acting like it's the holy grail.
Yeah but its got 55hp more and 0-60 in 4.8 !!!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Silver350GT

Joking

Old 01-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by JSpec350GT
Congrats man.
What's the different betweetn Japan and USA G35 Spec?

T

Me and a few UK buddies on this forum have pondered this question before. So far, this is what I know:

1. TPMS - Don't think the JDM 350GT has this
2. Analog vs Digital Clock
3. Biggest difference - 5AT has Power button (Like a Sport mode), also a Snow button to take away power. Very useful and a good talking point with friends!!! Not sure if 6MT has this - don't know of any UK 6MTs to ask.
4. You guys have Cruise Control as Standard?? JDM does not.
5. Right Hand Drive (Obviously)
6. Our Speedometer goes up to 180mph as part of the conversion. In fact the limited has been changed from 180kph (Japan limit) to 180mph (if that were in fact possible to achieve)
7. Logo badging is Nissan rather than Infiniti Logo. Skyline kick panels, Skyline floormats, Skyline on trunk rear rather than Infiniti
8. A manual written in Japanese!!
9. No VIN number, Chassis only number (Is this same for you guys?)
10. There was talk of auto mirror downtilt on reverse, I think this is an option as my car does not have this, only auto tuck facility
11. No Rear Fog lights as standard - Unsure whether you guys have these?

Anything else UK drivers??

Old 01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ukgt
I dont think so Skater

Over 100 posts and i get ignored

Sorry

I wasnt aware of that.

Congrats to both of you.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by uk350gt
Me and a few UK buddies on this forum have pondered this question before. So far, this is what I know:

3. Biggest difference - 5AT has Power button (Like a Sport mode), also a Snow button to take away power. Very useful and a good talking point with friends!!! Not sure if 6MT has this - don't know of any UK 6MTs to ask.
6. Our Speedometer goes up to 180mph as part of the conversion. In fact the limited has been changed from 180kph (Japan limit) to 180mph (if that were in fact possible to achieve)
7. Logo badging is Nissan rather than Infiniti Logo. Skyline kick panels, Skyline floormats, Skyline on trunk rear rather than Infiniti
10. There was talk of auto mirror downtilt on reverse, I think this is an option as my car does not have this, only auto tuck facility

Dont know why but seem to have different tools layout in the boot ( trunk )

Do you have the jack wedges ?

Old 01-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh i forgot,
Some minor things if your picky,

1. ejector passenger front seat option.
2. rear oil slick release nozzle.
3. self elevating bullet proof rear visor.
4. centre hub retractable spikes. 19" only.
5. concealed inflatable raft with out board motor (built into skirts)
6. 9mm browning machine gun behind front license plate.
7. cigar lighter with built in GPS tracking device.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
What I want to know is when you're going to rebadge to Infiniti......

LOL!

Congrats and very cool to both of the REAL GT350 owners. Now we can officially call the rest of these clowns posers.

Very nice.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow

Your the only one that has the right to have a 350GT badge on around here so far...

Authentic
Every single G35 is "Authentic" bud.

Open your engine bay and look @ the Engine Stamp. Mine says "Made in Japan". What does your's say, Made at a Ford Assembly plant in MI ??

Just b/c Nissan made slight variances doesn't make our Conterfiet. LOL!

They are the same cars through and through. Who really cares about which side you are driving on or weither your mirrors fold in or not. All I care about is the Engine, The Chassis & Body. Looks the same to me as the ones that are built in Japan (like ours) but stay in Japan.

---Even if yours didn't come with the 350GT badge on the back doesn't mean it's not. Some guy @ the assembly plant grabbed a different "sticker" and slapped a 'G35' on the back. All of a sudden the car transforms into a Pinto ??

Last edited by WhiteonWheat; 01-22-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no need to get worked up whiteonweat, all jokes =)

thought adbout debadging or debanging and putting just the inifiniti eblem on -> looks exotic and i like the symbol + also I am worried about people trying to chisel the skyline lettering of the rear to use on their RT32-34s

to UKGT: I actually own a UKGT Nissan Primera 1998 UK GT
for those american guys - the primera is the infiniti G20, and the UKGT is a sport hatch version of the G20.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 PM
lazy a$$
Originally Posted by uk350gt

Do you get better gas mileage when you cut down power? Must be nice...

Old 01-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Update: the company has received my 50% deposit, so should get a shipping date soon. (Car is currently in Nagoya, Japan)

I also searched what GTR's are being auction within the next 3 days in Japan
Thought it might make you drool seeing how you can't easily get them other there. I know... it's cruel =)

Last edited by kiwijunglist; 01-23-2007 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Finally!!! Another Kiwi with a 350GT!!! I bought mine back in October 2006, but it was a 2004 only so nowhere near as new as yours...

Mine's bright red, or Laser Red as they refer to them on these forums I think? Been trying to find aftermarket parts for these but have been next to impossible, so ended up sourcing minor things from Japan

I thought these cars were ultra rare in NZ...until I saw another one the other day, exactly the same colour, same specs, in my town! And if you live in NZ, when I say town, it's a small town

Hopefully yours will arrive soon, and maybe we could meet up one day and compare the differences? I'm actually very excited for you as it's hard to find anyone with an interest in these cars in NZ.....on the other hand I'm glad it doesn't attract the boy racers

I will post some pics once I take some

Old 01-23-2007, 05:22 AM
awesome, shame you are in auckland. (I am in Christchurch). I think the car is too expensive for boy racers in NZ. Maybe we can import some parts/accessories together in the future? I can put you in touch with the email of a 2003 silver auto in auckland, i have been chatting to him on email. I might be moving to auckland in 6 months possibly, so be cool to go for a cruise!

Old 01-23-2007, 05:33 AM
haha yeah, it will be a while yet before the boy racers catch on...The only unwanted attention I get now-days are from middle aged men in their 2007 SSV Commodores

I had severe trouble finding a 6MT...took me over 2 months to come across the one I have now

Drop us a PM with your MSN name etc if you use that and we can trade info...and ordering of parts sounds great I just got some generic parts from a Group Buy through a contact in Japan, and the next one will be in June so I'm sure you'd be keen

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New owner - 350GT from Japan