Old 01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
IT is an tt ls1 used by Gm

Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Obsidian G35
They swapped out a decent motor for a man motor. A real rock eating gunpowder S|-|iting fire breathing tequila drinking hooker fu<king type of motor. The kind of motor that shoots first and asks questions later, the kind of motor that grabs you by the nuts and says Get the fu<k over here. The type of motor that can't be strapped to a dyno, instead they just do a burnout and see how fast the earth rotates underneath it.

That's the point..
ROFL haha thats the best post i've ever read on this forum

1. V8 (presumably crappy americans which we have convenient) are reaaaallllyy heavy.
- Thats only because its heavy compaired to the light body they put these in and of the heavy intake manifolds and not to mention its just a very big motor...

2. American V8's (you're appears to be an LS or LTI) are pretty crappy all around and aren't engineered to the perfection of really any Japanese motor.
Yes thats true push rods arnt the greatest things in the word but the cobra LS1s are over head camed and the new LSs are just badass *vett*

3. You would not only have to drop in a V8, fab a turbo setup, but you would also have to drop the compression to allow those motors to handle boost. There are a few companies that specialize in this for the Slowmarrows, Firebirds, and Corvettes and they charge 30k +
hmm Cobras do come boosted you know with a 8.5:1 compression (i believe).. and you swear that our motors wont need new pistons.. keep in mind that *** motors are usually the ones with higher compression (take our motor's 11:1) so wouldnt that make our motors more unfit for turbos out of the box.. and i'm pretty sure someone that'll go through the trouble of doing all that work would have the motor stroked, blue printed, and well tuned..

4. You should never put anything american in a Japanese car. If you like american doooodoo buy a american car and FLAME ON.
Yet we use stuff from JWT and Stillen...

5. If you are looking for high numbers for a street car buy a tt set up and rebuild your motor. No one needs 1000 hp for the street. Think about the costs to maintain something like that as well.
I doubt thats for the street....

6. If you have THAT much money too spend, save it and get the new GT-R
They probably have one.. lol

Old 01-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Obsidian G35
you mean like this?

for all those crappy driver who keep blowing their rotary engines by over reving.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
looks like an older GTR frame with the V8.

Top secret TT their 4.5 V8 and made 800+ hp. so I don't think it's that bad of a deal...more for shock value. Plus v8 makes more torque than a I6 can ever make TT or not. Personally I'd go with high power NA I6, but that's just me.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Diamond G35
YAY.

To those of us that actually have "been there and done that" so to speak, it's actually kind of mundane.

I had a 617rwhp supercharged Cobra, but again, what's the point?

I've also been there and done that. I got out of that game like 5 years ago, but the point is basically to see how fast you can be. A "who's got the bigger *****" sort of speak thing. its just how guys are prewired. Especially americans, "BIGGER IS BETTER" I had a friend fly in from switerland this past week. and at a club he saw this HUGE lift f450, he started laughing and said what the helll is wrong with you guys here. I guess they like there automobiles like they like their women, petite.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Yes you are totally missing the point. That engine is a chevy LS series all aluminum V8 with twin turbos. They are going to all the trouble of this swap despite it originally having a RB26DETT

Originally Posted by neo_rambo
that doesn't look like an Rb. A RB26-25 is a Inline motor meaning turbos on one side. This a turbo on each side like a V motor and the valve covers are on each side. This looks like a v8 motor because of the 4 coilpacks on each side maybe a VQ45 aka Titan Motor ..correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Red Card Crew

[QUOTE=Klumzyee]
1. V8 (presumably crappy americans which we have convenient) are reaaaallllyy heavy.
- Thats only because its heavy compaired to the light body they put these in and of the heavy intake manifolds and not to mention its just a very big motor...
Um the LS series is all aluminum and is alot lighter than iron blocked RB. Also the LS is actually very small. These two reasons make it one of the most swapped engines today.

2. American V8's (you're appears to be an LS or LTI) are pretty crappy all around and aren't engineered to the perfection of really any Japanese motor.
Yes thats true push rods arnt the greatest things in the word but the cobra LS1s are over head camed and the new LSs are just badass *vett*
The LS series is one of the best V8s out there on the market despite it's old tech heritage. Look at the hp numbers they make. LS series engins are NOT overhead cammed. They are over head valved. Cam is still in the block

3. You would not only have to drop in a V8, fab a turbo setup, but you would also have to drop the compression to allow those motors to handle boost. There are a few companies that specialize in this for the Slowmarrows, Firebirds, and Corvettes and they charge 30k +
hmm Cobras do come boosted you know with a 8.5:1 compression (i believe).. and you swear that our motors wont need new pistons.. keep in mind that *** motors are usually the ones with higher compression (take our motor's 11:1) so wouldnt that make our motors more unfit for turbos out of the box.. and i'm pretty sure someone that'll go through the trouble of doing all that work would have the motor stroked, blue printed, and well tuned..
Actually you don't have to redo the engine to handle boost. But if you want to handle high boost then yes.

4. You should never put anything american in a Japanese car. If you like american doooodoo buy a american car and FLAME ON.
Yet we use stuff from JWT and Stillen...
BS. Cars don't care if the engine is Japanese, American or German. The RX7 FD swap with the LS1 and LS2 is on of the more popular swaps I've seen. And get this, the weight dist stays almost the same. If not the same.

5. If you are looking for high numbers for a street car buy a tt set up and rebuild your motor. No one needs 1000 hp for the street. Think about the costs to maintain something like that as well.
I doubt thats for the street....
I bet a 1,000hp V8 TT, is no harder to maintain than a V6 TT swap at 1/2 the hp.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 01-23-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Don’t you guys think you are missing the point. People who like to build drag cars like to use Japanese shells with American engines because it’s 1. Cheap, 2. It’s technically easier to do, and 3. Lots of tuning potential/usage of displacement. Let me elaborate on these points to further prove my point. American engines are relatively very cheap. You can buy them new or used for thousands cheaper than their Japanese counterparts. Money equals horsepower—the more you save on the engine the more additional horses you can add. After you get the engine to where you want it, you have to put it in the car. This is a very involved process. Not only do you have to think about fit, weight distribution, and alignment, you also have to worry about engine support systems. The support systems include computers, sensors, traction control, etc. The more exotic the engine the harder it will be to get the engine in and working how you want it to. To this end, lots of car hobbyists choose Ford or Chevy engines. Moreover, domestic engines are easier to tune because of its large displace. Tuning potential can be looked at as the relationship between displacement and output. A stock S2000 with its 2.0L engine produces 240hp, that’s 120 horses per liter! Think there’s tuning potential there? Not really. The most I have seen an S2000 produce with an aggressive FI setup is around 350hp, that won’t get you very far in a competitive grade drag race. Now let’s look at a Chevy 5.7L engine from a 2001 Camaro. It’s a big motor producing about 305hp. Apply the same formula and you should get about 54 hp per liter (rounding up), lots of tuning potential here. Apply quality aftermarket internals (which is super easy to get) with a super aggressive FI setup and you can potentially get 900hp without too much trouble.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:02 PM
dont mind b00stedjustin. he's just one of those kids that dont think outside the box. he thinks all jdm is allmighty. sad his life.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 636Racer
dont mind b00stedjustin. he's just one of those kids that dont think outside the box. he thinks all jdm is allmighty. sad his life.
I am thinking out of the box. Doing swaps that everyone and their mother has already done is not thinking outsidethe box kids. It is still thinking in it. I am partial to japanese cars when it comes to comparing them to U.S. ones, because frankly U.S. cars are horrible contraptions. All you have to do is look in the engine bay and compare the welds between any japanese and any american car and you can see my point.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Um do you even understand rotary engines? Exactly how does one over rev their engines (any engine) when it comes with rev limiters from the factory??? You mean to tell me the hundreds of blown turbo rotaries are from guys doing 5th to 2nd gear shifts??? I think no.

Rotaries are fragile beasts when turbo'd. Where do you think all these FD chassis for LS swaps come from?

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
for all those crappy driver who keep blowing their rotary engines by over reving.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned
[QUOTE=Jeff92se]
Originally Posted by Klumzyee

Um the LS series is all aluminum and is alot lighter than iron blocked RB. Also the LS is actually very small. These two reasons make it one of the most swapped engines today.

The LS series is one of the best V8s out there on the market despite it's old tech heritage. Look at the hp numbers they make. LS series engins are NOT overhead cammed. They are over head valved. Cam is still in the block

Actually you don't have to redo the engine to handle boost. But if you want to handle high boost then yes.

BS. Cars don't care if the engine is Japanese, American or German. The RX7 FD swap with the LS1 and LS2 is on of the more popular swaps I've seen. And get this, the weight dist stays almost the same. If not the same.

I bet a 1,000hp V8 TT, is no harder to maintain than a V6 TT swap at 1/2 the hp.
I noticed you didn't touch #'s 6 and 7 on the list. Let me list the for you again.

6. If you have enough money to do this swap, which is very expensive, then you shouldn't do it, you should just wait for the GT-R

7. I don't see anything ironic about this swap at all. It would be ironic if there was a GT-R which was swapping in a VQ35DE

Responses:

There is no way a V8 is lighter than the 13B motor. Also there is no way a aluminum V8, which you were bragging about is going to be lighter than our engine which is also all aluminum, and doubtful the v8 will be lighter than the RB motor which is both iron and aluminum. The first swaps for the RX-7 motor were the RB and the 2JZ motors. Probably because american V8's are all over the place and cheap, those have become more commonly swapped instead of the RB or 2JZ. Do you research buddy. If you want 1000 hp or even 800 hp out of a twin turbo american V8 you have to drop the compression. A 500 hp VQ engine is going to be of course way easier to handle than a 1000 hp twin turbo V8. Think buddy. I'm not going to argue what V8's are the best. Frankly, they wouldn't be american, they would be German, or Italian probably. it's pretty funny though that the VQ makes almost if not the exact same power as you LT and LS V8's. Strikes me as poor engineering on the American side.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
[QUOTE=b00stedjustin]
Originally Posted by Jeff92se

I noticed you didn't touch #'s 6 and 7 on the list. Let me list the for you again.

6. If you have enough money to do this swap, which is very expensive, then you shouldn't do it, you should just wait for the GT-R

7. I don't see anything ironic about this swap at all. It would be ironic if there was a GT-R which was swapping in a VQ35DE

Responses:

There is no way a V8 is lighter than the 13B motor. Also there is no way a aluminum V8, which you were bragging about is going to be lighter than our engine which is also all aluminum, and doubtful the v8 will be lighter than the RB motor which is both iron and aluminum. The first swaps for the RX-7 motor were the RB and the 2JZ motors. Probably because american V8's are all over the place and cheap, those have become more commonly swapped instead of the RB or 2JZ. Do you research buddy. If you want 1000 hp or even 800 hp out of a twin turbo american V8 you have to drop the compression. A 500 hp VQ engine is going to be of course way easier to handle than a 1000 hp twin turbo V8. Think buddy. I'm not going to argue what V8's are the best. Frankly, they wouldn't be american, they would be German, or Italian probably. it's pretty funny though that the VQ makes almost if not the exact same power as you LT and LS V8's. Strikes me as poor engineering on the American side.
I think YOU need to go do your research. Nobody said the LS1 is LIGHTER than the 13B, however, the weigh distribution is even better with the swap then before because more of the weight is further back on the LS1. The LS1 swap is 50-75 lbs heavier than a 13B Rotary.

Find me a 400hp VQ35 N/A like the LS2 has "same power as the LS V8"'s my ***.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
video said ls1....in which case my ricer roots will come out....the hell with american motors for the most part, japan FTW

Old 01-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Yes you are totally missing the point. That engine is a chevy LS series all aluminum V8 with twin turbos. They are going to all the trouble of this swap despite it originally having a RB26DETT
FINALLY! On the third page of this confusing thread, someone makes the point that SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE in the first post to avoid the other 2.5 pages of "i dont get it?" posts!

I think the idea of the thread is cool - just wasnt made very clear in the first post.

Should have been titled "The Grass is Always Greener" LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's sort of ironic. While you guys drool over RB26DETT swaps