G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Who has at least one ding on their car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has at least one ding on their car?

I want to know where and in what area (maybe feel better) after I got my first dent on my pass fender area. Estimate came out to $350 to repair.
-Passenger fender
-Corner stall in city lot

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by kris on 11/22/03 05:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-22-2003, 09:33 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Who has at least one ding on their car?

It's kinda not the same but it P'd me off just the same-- I scraped the underside of my front bumper at my dealer's parking area where the blacktop ended and the grass began.
I had to go home and spend hours sanding and painting.
Good luck with your fix
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have 2 dings and one scratch, all from my dealership personnels. My front bumper with custom clear bra has a 6" rash from dealership parking. Dealership has agreed to pay for replacement but the installer is 4 hours away from me. Then 2 passenger door dings~ one from careless parking BY dealership personnels, and a outwards dent when they did the window grease TSB. SUCKS!!!!

Old 11-22-2003, 11:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sukairain: That dealership sucks bigtime. If that were me, I'd find another one.
Won't be too long down the road the car will be a wreck just from going in for service. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-23-2003, 02:50 AM

I too have a pretty decent-sized scrape on the lower end of my front bumper, as well as a couple scrapes on the edge of one of my front rims, from a curb I couldn't see. Fortunately, it's not terribly obvious unless the car's parked on an incline. 'Not sure if I should even bother getting it fixed any time soon for fear of it happening again down the road.

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 11-24-2003, 10:06 AM

I got a ding by the driver side rear panel. Right at the crease above the tire. I was across the street when the bastard was trying to double park next to my G. I got reimbursed, but I was so pissed. I got an estimate of $575 from the dealer in NJ area. If your ding is not near the edge, you should try dent wizard www.dentwizard.com. Their paintless removal method starts at $150.

Old 11-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not a single ding anywhere (knock on wood). I am very careful parking at only end spots and away from the other cars. I warn the dealership when I bring my car in that it is "dingless" and walk around the car with them. I have been lucky so far. Also, here in Florida, the parking spots are pretty wide.

04 G35C/IvoryPearl/5AT/Premium

Old 11-24-2003, 06:22 PM

i had one small door ding in my drivers door but i had it taken out for $40 with no painting needed.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:58 PM

I don't think I have any dings or dents yet but I'd rather get a couple small dings soon to get the initial heartbreak over with. I mean, since mine is a daily driver, I don't think it's even possible to prevent a few dings and chips here and there. I know I'll feel bad when I find the first ding on my G, but I also know it's inevitable.

2004 Diamond Graphite/Graphite AT
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels

Old 11-25-2003, 12:07 AM

No dings yet for me. Only paint chips on my hood. At least a half of a dozen. I'm coming up one 1 year next Saturday, and no dings! I guess I shouldn't complain.

Of course, I'm relating "dings" as "dents" in the text above.

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/SAT/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Mooser on 11/24/03 09:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-26-2003, 12:21 AM

No dings (fingers crossed), but my first day driving it, I scraped the front bumper on a parking stall cement block.

Luckily, you can only see it if you get on the ground and look at it. I was about to cry, but them I just figured this was the "new-car-ding/scratch" which every new vehicle seems to get in the first week of ownership.

Haven't had any mishaps since.....

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded
[i]HyperGround Kit
350Z intake duct
K&N drop-in
Aluminum pedals
50%-35% smoke tint

Old 11-27-2003, 04:17 PM

I have a scratch under the front bumper from a curb. It really p***ed me off when it happened, but luckily it is at the very very bottom, almost under, so it's not too noticeable.

Monday, while I was standing next to my car in a parking lot, a girl tried to pull into the spot next to me and slammed into the back passenger fender of my car. Unbelievable stupidity. I went and got an estimate from the body shop yesterday, and it came out to ~$925. What a pain this kind of stuff is to deal with. At least I'm not paying for it though.

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem, Tint

Old 11-27-2003, 05:52 PM

Oh God. Wht a bust man. I don't have dings, but I have chips on my hood from stupid California freeways.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 11-27-2003, 09:06 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I have four dings and one scratch. the all lie on the drivers side. one on the top fender right above the wheel next we have ten inch scratch on the driver door, then another big ding on the line and a couple of inchs behind the door. the next one is right above the rear tire and the last one is right before the tail light starts at the top.

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra / 5% Tint All Round

Old 11-30-2003, 11:03 AM

I didn't have any dings or scratches until last week. In one week I got a scratch under my front bumper from trying to back out of a condo complex that had small hills and the bumper scraped. You can hardly see it, but I know it's there and it bothers me. Then Tuesday night this 19 year gal who just got her drivers license rear ended me. I thought i was going to die!!!! I am so **** about where I park etc. I am livid. It will never be the same. I've only had the car for 4 months. I swear I have the worse luck with new cars. It seems every time I buy a new car someone hits me. My estimate is up to 1300 and they don't have prices for the spoilers yet because they are too new and not in their system.

kimo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has at least one ding on their car?