G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

So what do you guys think about 22's on the coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the ride will suck regardless.

i had 20s and 19s (volk) and the ride is always ****ty if you dont have stocks on.

go with 22s is will be unique and hot. if u dont plan on driving hard then get it and please post pics

Old 01-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I wouldnt do it personally..but if you want to them go for it

Old 01-27-2007, 12:58 PM
only if you raise the car and make it like a monster truck

Old 01-27-2007, 01:16 PM
22's are ghetto as hell. You should've just bought a Chrysler 300m if you wanna act gangsta on a budget.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its a little too big for my taste... some 20s max.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cnaman
stick with 18, 19's... 20 is a little over the limit imo... unless u like the off road look.
I dont see anything "off-road looking" about that one in the pic with 22's
...looks pretty sporty to me & from the previous post to a lot of others also

18" on a G? ...unless ur trying to keep it stock or tracking it, I would say H3LL NO upgrade that shlt
for good looks that balances out the car go 19" or 20"

also 20" is over the limit? WTF where do u live bagdad? maybe u live in the depths of "pothole city" I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion

Old 01-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by phorbo007
22's are ghetto as hell. You should've just bought a Chrysler 300m if you wanna act gangsta on a budget.
Wouldnt say 22"s are gangSTER or ghetto, depends on the wheels imo...personally wouldnt do it because they would cause so much trouble and would have to replace tires so often, and they arent cheap tires

Also think you mean 300C, i dont see to many mods or wheels on 300Ms

Old 01-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I would say no 22s unless you are black or young.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by phorbo007
since when does 22's ...or owning a Chrysler 300 make u a gangsta? or signifies u want to be one? u cant get gangsta by switchin ya rims or buying a certain car!!! ...I guess my Grandma's a gangster cuz she owns a 300C

I dont see anything gangsta about the G below with 22's I also dont see anything "truckish" or "Monster Truckish" about it

Old 01-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by heeb
u can only rock 22's if ur black or young ...didnt know rims came with those type of instructions

WOW ...u guys really show ur true colors over the internet
at least try & be politically correct & call it being gangsta like the others do
...we know what you really trying to say

i see u from S.I. u must live over in the Tottenville or Authur Kills section of Staten Island i hear u guys still think its the 1950's over there.

...IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Old 01-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by heeb
wow didnt see that comeing

your an *******

Last edited by Beebo; 01-27-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Paperchaser
u can only rock 22's if ur black or young ...didnt know rims came with those type of instructions

WOW ...u guys really show ur true colors over the internet
at least try & be politically correct & call it being gangsta like the others do
...we know what you really trying to say

i see u from S.I. u must live over in the Tottenville or Authur Kills section of Staten Island i hear u guys still think its the 1950's over there.

...IGNORANCE IS BLISS
Ya man, everyone can act african american now, its 2007 baby!!! We all can rock them dub-two's now!!!!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with 22's or that green G. Yall are crazy, that G is sweet. Customizing is exactly that, being custom not doin what the norm is; Originality. This G is unique which is why its awesome! Make yer own G man, people have their own opinions and it helps to get them sometimes, but do whatchu you wanna do, not what other people think you should do. 22's is not gay or anything, you own a G baby!!! woo!

Old 01-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by BrocksG

Ya man, everyone can act african american now, its 2007 baby!!! We all can rock them dub-two's now!!!!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with 22's or that green G. Yall are crazy, that G is sweet. Customizing is exactly that, being custom not doin what the norm is; Originality. This G is unique which is why its awesome! Make yer own G man, people have their own opinions and it helps to get them sometimes, but do whatchu you wanna do, not what other people think you should do. 22's is not gay or anything, you own a G baby!!! woo!
Hello,

BrocksG, Thanks for the pat on the back!

Originality is the key to customizing now a days. There is no check list of mods to follow, if there was everything would be the same. And that's not cool my friends. Just because it's different, doesn't make it wrong, or ugly. Thanks!

-Mike

Old 01-27-2007, 02:58 PM
trust me man i was gona get 22'' on my G Coupe but after i saw a g in Ny with 22'' it made me throw up lol stick with 20''s

da mayor there's a lakeshore slate coupe on 22's by me.... too big IMO
hey were u talking about this coupe? i saw it in massapequa also!

Attached Thumbnails So what do you guys think about 22's on the coupe?-dsc00207.jpg   So what do you guys think about 22's on the coupe?-dsc00208.jpg   So what do you guys think about 22's on the coupe?-dsc00209.jpg  

Last edited by sahiwal007; 01-27-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for all the CONSTRUCTIVE comments guys

I am actually really surprised to see some peoples attitudes on here THOUGH.....

I expected the drifters and street racers to say stick with 19's or 20's...........but all this ANIMOSITY?

damn its a little surprising! I mean honestly...I love that intense motorsports g. Ever since I saw a coupe at sema with the 22's I loved the way it looks and though about doing it to my own......

but to say you have to be black or young is really a bit of profiling dont you think?

Yes I am young. I am only a 21 year old girl.....so maybe what I think is sexy is not at all what you would do. But if you didnt have anything nice to say you shouldnt have said anything at all...or just said" nah i wouldnt do it".feel me?

I never said i wanted to be gangster or tough or whatever you constitute spending 6 grand on a set of wheels is......but whatever. Oh and I also didnt say i was spending two g's on my rims....I said I have 2 g's towards them.....

IMHO i like the way it looks......i dont see the point in spending 5 or 6 grand to go 1 inch bigger then my stocks. 22's look good, fill the gap, and are hot imo. I could always sell them later and put 20's on, or put my stocks back on if I wanted to go out driving. But its not like I need to get a zillion speeding tickets anyways....honestly I cant even afford to get pulled over at all....so if the big wheels will cause me to be a little more careful and drive a little slower then its not neccesarily a bad thing.

I dont know but some of you guys seriously sound like grumpy old fartsy men who get mad when someone is different and steps outside of the box.

To all the others with constructive comments , I really appreciate all the help.....and thanks for pointing out certain problems and issues i should keep an eye on.

And also thanks to the guys from intense motorsports coming into the thread and offering their opinions........totally appreciated!

oh and also about the people who said i will have to be very careful and will be going through tires like nothing.....i know, lol. I already thought of that....when I purchased my car I also bought their wheel/tire/door ding/and windsheild protection package. So if I have any problems with a wheel or tire they have to repair of replace it for me....which will help in the long run...no matter which size aftermarket wheels i decide to put on.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So what do you guys think about 22's on the coupe?