G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Aghh! What to do, what to do?!? A Z man faces reality...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Aghh! What to do, what to do?!? A Z man faces reality...

unless she drives some kind of fast car... never believe in girls for cars..
seriously.. most of them believes Audi TT is a "good" car because of their "unique" looks.. (not so unique anymore since so many are out there..) Audi TT faces complicated electrical problem well as underpowered issues. Plus my ex thought my car was pimped out just because it was a bmw...just get the G... if you are not really committed to her.. just forget whatever she is saying.. and don't regret because your girlfriend said "it's not right for you." if you break up nothing matters.. (this is of course in extreme situation). At the end you will be left with car...not the girl.

Old 02-03-2003, 10:19 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

your car will never leave you
a girlfriend, however, will
if you rely on a girl to pick your car...sorry..no comment
you should drive all the prospect cars, take them for an extended test-drive, dont be afraid of a salesman, and then decide yourself, dont go with anyone because they can pursuade you in a wrong way...such as girls who love the newer [crappier] mustang

<font color=blue>-Rambo</font color=blue>
All your base are belong to us!

Old 02-03-2003, 11:58 PM

i was about to use the mustang analogy,
anyways im 19 and got the SC not the Z i looked at both and decided without a testdrive, why cause the G is bad *** and just so much nicer inside and isnt marked up(ITS A SKYLINE FOR GOODNESS SAKE) the only reason i regret not getting the Z is aftermarkey support but i figure it just needs time
dont dump the gf over the car just tell her to deal with it.

-crumple zones are your friend

Old 02-04-2003, 04:42 PM

Well guys, I have come to a conclusion. I have now dealt with 4 Nissan dealers and one Infinity dealer. I have test driven two G35C's (both automatics) and two 350Z's (one auto one manual), the G35 is the winner...HANDS DOWN!

The 350Z is nice to look at but its all smoke and mirrors, the inside just doesn't feel right, the car feels unfinished, its missing something. I wish I knew what it was, but by 91 300ZX has it in spades and while the G35C has a different feel to it, its a feel that is more to my liking.

Since I was a bouncer for years let me use some colorful analogies that explain how I see it.

The 350Z is a quick bang with a stripper in the back hallway.Fun and exciting, but oh so fleeting.

The G35C is a long lovemaking session with a woman you want to grow old with.

Now the bad news, I am going to have to WAIT for a while to get my G35. I am placing an order tonight..Still deciding on the color and options.

I will post again once my order is in and let you know what I decided on.

Thanks guys, the wisdom and thoughts here really did help me come to a conclusion on this matter.

Matt

Old 02-04-2003, 06:34 PM

GOOD CHOICE! =D

Seriously... I was actually looking forward for 350Z but like you. But it does leaves you wanting more. G35 in other hand is more complete car than the 350Z..

Old 02-04-2003, 11:21 PM

Aghh..Now I am debating on colors.

Black is oh so sweet, but I hear upkeep is very time consuming and I aint the best at that.

Silver is also sweet and the same color as my current Z but like others, I am getting a little tired of seeing that color. For some reason, here in Cincinnati its still a rather uncommon color, so its not too bad. It does hide common nicks and scratches very well.

Diamond Graphite, looks great when its dark or the sun is out but on a day like today where it was overcast and bleak the car really took on a dull grey appearance which I didnt like...

For interior I am pretty well set on the black leather (getting the 6MT) but the willow is nice as well.

When you go with the willow interior do the carpets and headliner all match as well?

Matt

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Madmatt on 02/04/03 08:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-05-2003, 12:26 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

yeah they match, headliners only comes in willow doesnt it?

<font color=blue>-Rambo</font color=blue>
All your base are belong to us!

Old 02-05-2003, 01:29 AM

What about the color blue or the color turquose both are really nice. I have the blue seadan and it stands out.

Old 02-09-2003, 03:39 PM

Regarding ordering and waiting.... you might want to try calling ALL dealerships in your area (think 60-mile radius, even) and find out if they have the car you're looking for, or if they're going to be getting it (and if you can put it on hold.) Do this occasionally, as you can always cancel the order you have (and get the $1000 deposit back.)

Good luck =)

~Berj

Old 02-09-2003, 04:29 PM

Wednesday night I test drove a Black/Black 6MT and really liked it. My only complaint was that the sides of seat seemed to dig into my waist a little. Hopefully with some wear the leather will settle a little (any comments on that guys?) and no be as pinchy.

It was too late at night to get credit approval and for some reason I was not allowed to put more than 2k down with a credit card so I decided to wait to the next day to finalize the deal.

On the way out of the dealership my eyes fell on a silver coupe and I began to have doubts about the black color style.

All the way home my mind raced with facts, figures, financial realities, color options and more.

About 4am, while sitting in bed wide awake, I decided that in the morning I would call the sales guy back and pull back from the deal. I hadn't signed any papers as yet so I was just letting him know that I was still undecided.

I figured that if I still couldn't be sure of the color I wanted then maybe I wasn't ready to get the car.

So, its now 4 days later and apparently that black/black 6MT is still up for grabs. Its OHHH SOOO tempting still but I just can't commit yet. I know that there are less than a handful of 6MT's within 150 miles of me and if I place an order (having already missed the Feb order deadline) it will be late spring before it arrives

Still, a part of me is still enamored by the Z's even though my dealings with local dealers has been pretty rotten.

I did finally get one dealer that will sell them for 500 off of MSRP, and they have the color and style I wanted but my last test drive (albeit very short and uncomfortable due to salesguy that rode with me) didn't sit so well with me.

With tax, either car I get is going to be in the 37k realm and since that will be my second largest expense ever (second only to my house which I bought two years ago) I REALLY want to be 100% sure of my decision.

The fact that this new car will also be my ONLY car makes the choice that much more difficult as I have no room to make sacrifices for practicality or fun.

Matt

Old 02-09-2003, 09:38 PM

So now leaning toward the Z? or are you still staying with black coupe?

Let me tell you... just get the silver.. seriously... lol
that way my car will be little more unique. =D

First g35 coupe I have encountered was black.. ever since then I fell in love with black coupe.. well you can get silver like everyone else.. I thought about it too. BUT black is a way to go if you are willing to take care of her..

As for Z.. man.. I saw 2 Zs in today at the dealership.. hahahah I think they traded in their Zs for the coupes. I know for sure that one of them did. Although you will be liking the styling of that Zs..man.. I got tired of Zs.. already! It's not special anymore.. Everyone has Zs! especially Colorado.
Anyhow.. please do get Silver =p

Old 02-10-2003, 02:03 AM

I got a black G. Me and my business partner had Durango's which we leased for our business back in 2000. We got them for deliveries and stuff and they were practical. I had always liked sports coupes though as I had a Mazda MX-6 before the Durango. Well the lease came up in December and my business partner really liked the G. I thought it was "pretty nice" but it just didn't WOW me. After some deliberation and some less than satisfying test drives of other cars, we decided to both get G's. I have had it for a month now, and I absolutely love it. The styling has definately grown on me and it has great power too. Nothing beats black either. It is hard to keep clean, I agree, but when it is all shined up, it is one sexy bitch! I really think that you will enjoy it if you do get it. Black on black nice and shiny... it WOWs me now.

Banatoman

Old 02-10-2003, 01:27 PM

Matt,

Excellent choice going with the G. Also, don't discount the White Pear as a color. We just put a 20% tint on the windows, and a gold kit where all the chrome letters and insignias are, plus the tail pipes and the insignia on the engine.

Here's a pic of it before the tint and gold. We have the aero kit on order, but are still on the fence to put it on.

Besides, the white is a better background for when you put the flame decals coming out the front wheels. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] (Just kidding) [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

VettRN<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by VettRN on 02/10/03 10:44 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

21990-PC280206a.JPG