G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Some shot of the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by X-Vert
Hey man, can you please tell me the location where you took those bridge pics and the city view pics. Thanks.
The bridge pics were taken out by robert mosses state park (if i am not mistaken). Basically take ocean pkwy go pass jones beach, pass toby and go all the way to the end.

THe city picture was taken in Long Island City queens. Not to far from the old Pepsi cola sign. its right off Vernon Blvd. around Midtown tunnel entrance.
- hope that helps if not pm me and i will be more specific.
Originally Posted by wilksoner
sweet ride gotta love IP but i hate that u cant get them with black leather anymore
Yes i was bumed out about it too when i got mine, but i gre to like it. It breaks up the interior in my opinion.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by myGspot
I been in the area a few time but never Boulder creek. Isnt that Ikea lot? or am i thinking of something else?
Yes, IKEA is in that area as well. It is right before Broadway Mall. I just realized your License Plate is "SKY RIDR" which was the same exact License Plate in the Parking Lot of Boulder Creek. You probably did not realize you were in that Parking Lot. This was about over 6 months ago.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by LightsOutG35
Yes, IKEA is in that area as well. It is right before Broadway Mall. I just realized your License Plate is "SKY RIDR" which was the same exact License Plate in the Parking Lot of Boulder Creek. You probably did not realize you were in that Parking Lot. This was about over 6 months ago.
yea i was there but deff not at boulder creek. I think i left my car there and went to ikea. I am always out on LI even though i live in queens.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by myGspot
yea i was there but deff not at boulder creek. I think i left my car there and went to ikea. I am always out on LI even though i live in queens.
Yes, I knew I recognized your car. Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:43 AM
not wash your car for 8 months?? wow, thats crazy man

Old 02-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by LightsOutG35
Yes, I knew I recognized your car. Thanks for clearing it up.
no prob. glad i can clear it up for you. Next time you see me... wave.

Originally Posted by Bobyl573
not wash your car for 8 months?? wow, thats crazy man
i guess i shouldnt say anything about not cleaning my interior for over a year and a half

Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 AM
THE BATMOBILE
nice motion shots

Old 02-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why are you selling it?

you havent washed it in 8 months? then you should sell her because shes getting abused! lol

Old 02-26-2007, 12:52 PM
It was lease. Lease running out so i will be going for another one ... well 08 when it comes out. or M35 if all else fails.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM
loving the one with the bridge the background. nice shots man!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Car is looking good. I agree that the pic by the Hudson showing the Empire State building is awesome!!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I never went to a track and not familiar with track rules and regulations.
I see on allot of track pics that are posted here that you guys have taped head lights. Is this for protection only or some other reason?

Old 02-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
I never went to a track and not familiar with track rules and regulations.
I see on allot of track pics that are posted here that you guys have taped head lights. Is this for protection only or some other reason?

I race Sport Bikes, and on track days/practice runs. People with a little stock bikes can go out but they have to tape over every light, and remove the mirrors(removal cause they are so easily taken off). This is all to keep the track a little cleaner when someone trashes their ride. Its just a saftey precaustion to keep someone else from loosing control due to shattered glass being in a turn. Its easier for a corner worker to pick up one bik piece of taped together plastic, than 20 small pieces.

Now for cars. I'm not sure on taping plastic headlights. I do know that sticky race tires tend to pick up and sling anything off the track. Maybe taping the car lights is to protect the lights from chips/nicks. Maybe its to protect the other driver/riders on the track from excess debree...

Old 02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
The Z/G shot looks really good
-GP-

Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by kuneff
I race Sport Bikes, and on track days/practice runs. People with a little stock bikes can go out but they have to tape over every light, and remove the mirrors(removal cause they are so easily taken off). This is all to keep the track a little cleaner when someone trashes their ride. Its just a saftey precaustion to keep someone else from loosing control due to shattered glass being in a turn. Its easier for a corner worker to pick up one bik piece of taped together plastic, than 20 small pieces.

Now for cars. I'm not sure on taping plastic headlights. I do know that sticky race tires tend to pick up and sling anything off the track. Maybe taping the car lights is to protect the lights from chips/nicks. Maybe its to protect the other driver/riders on the track from excess debree...
yes primarily the tape is used for protection of headlights and to prevent cracking. I also use it on body panels to help lessen the damage from debree.

The tape comes especially handy in autoX when running in the parking lots with lots of rocks and ocasionally hitting a cone . The track conditions are usually mych better then regular lots and you mainly get tires shreds hitting the car and leaving black smudges on. But no matter how much i try to protect the car it still gets damaged... plus driving in NYC there is no point even using the tape on track anymore.