G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Trying to get a faster G...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the IS has always been an expensive corolla to me... why? sit in an IS.. sit in a corolla. it feels the same. yes the car may be different, etc... but i personally see it that way.

now, u can find it pretty ignorant on my comment calling it a corolla, but is it much ignorant than the "**** ur car sell it buy this its better"????

if i wanted a different car, the last thing on my mind would be an IS. i could go for a TT setup Z for the price of my G, or better, a used porsche carrera (as i can find an 03 for 38k).

i asked for low cost options to upgrade my car with small parts to make it quicker - preferably quicker than its better competitor - the M3.

What did i mean by cheap? not cheap little parts.. i meant cheaper alternative than Turbo - IF it was possible.

I see everyones opinion to Supercharge it.. and that seems like a GREAT idea. Low cost (~3k-3.5k) and doesnt give you SIGNIFICANT power, but it will definately put you up, high enough to beat an M3. I am actually looking into a SC right now, as i will probably have this car for another 2-3 years, enough for the next gen G to upgrade its options with the same new body so i can trade it after all flaws on new G have been addressed.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^agreed and good luck looking with the sc

let us know which one you get

Old 03-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by DRoQ
i asked for low cost options to upgrade my car with small parts to make it quicker - preferably quicker than its better competitor - the M3.
First mistake. The M3 isn't a competitor for the G35, except in the mind of G35 drivers. When you line up competitors for a certain make and model, certain characteristics need to align - like price. If you want to compare a car that sells for $35K to one that sells for $55K (ish), be my guest. Don't be disappointed or surprised when the less expensive car comes up lacking.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
First mistake. The M3 isn't a competitor for the G35, except in the mind of G35 drivers.
my thoughts exactly.

When you line up competitors for a certain make and model, certain characteristics need to align - like price. If you want to compare a car that sells for $35K to one that sells for $55K (ish), be my guest. Don't be disappointed or surprised when the less expensive car comes up lacking.
there are some exceptions though - the srt-4. quick lil sucker for the price tag. however, imo, it doesn't compete with the g in other aspects (i.e. looks but that's subjective).

Old 03-18-2007, 10:55 PM
First mistake. The M3 isn't a competitor for the G35, except in the mind of G35 drivers. When you line up competitors for a certain make and model, certain characteristics need to align - like price. If you want to compare a car that sells for $35K to one that sells for $55K (ish), be my guest. Don't be disappointed or surprised when the less expensive car comes up lacking.
+1^^

Old 03-18-2007, 11:05 PM
with out spending serious dollars..laughing gas comes to mind

Old 03-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by DRoQ
Hey guys... plain and simple, im trying to make my G faster.. atleast faster than an M3. So far i only have the mods listed below. What would be the best routine to go to achieve this? (cheapest way WITHOUT going boost plz)

and when i mean cheapest i dont mean cheap parts.. i just mean, as little bit of $$$ i have to invest to achieve this...

Thanks.
It depends on what and how you mean by "at least faster than M3", it can be done with few well chosen bolt-ons, eventhou this vid is 350Z not G35, but the way that Z beat the M3 (wasnt close at all)? I dont see why can not G35 with similar mods being able to beat M3 (at certain type of races), might not be quite as big margin or in any rolling/starting speed but should be "faster".

PM sakred(hammad) over at my350z he can tell you what he got, there is a thread about it here, but I could not find it at moment.

From 350Z's view

http://sakred.nauticaltech.com/race_vids/z_vs_e46m3.wmv

From M3's view

http://sakred.nauticaltech.com/race_vids/e46m_vs_z.wmv

Last edited by limeg35; 03-18-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:54 AM
kel
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
just get a used turbonetics single turbo, i've seen them go from 2800-3500 used on my350z.com

Old 03-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by kel
just get a used turbonetics single turbo, i've seen them go from 2800-3500 used on my350z.com

IMO..used isnt the way to go..spend the extra $$ for new

Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
there are some exceptions though - the srt-4. quick lil sucker for the price tag. however, imo, it doesn't compete with the g in other aspects (i.e. looks but that's subjective).
Completely agree - there are definitely exceptions to the rule.

My mind is wrapped around the constant drone you read about here - i.e. wanting to beat an M3, is my car faster than an M3, what do I have to do to beat an M3 - as if there is some magic formula to follow in order to achieve success.

If there were a simple equation you could follow, I'm thinking it would be a sticky by now...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by bygtimaish
trade that **** in for an IS350! its 0-60 in 4.9, and an m3 is 4.8!
NOooooooooo. The is350 isn't sporty at all. There are a few guys here whom have traded in their is350's for the G because it was quick and nice but not sporty whatsoever. Go FI or trade your G in for a used M3 or buy the new one when it comes out.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
trade in your car for an used m3..
if you want m3 power..

Old 03-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I looked at a used m3 before I bought my G last year. Imo the G has a nicer
interior and I hated the bmw smg shifter in the M3 I looked at. I went with the '05 manuel G. I could have afforded either car but I just didn't like the feel
of the bimmer. Now that said I'm looking at the new M3 when it comes out. But I want to try to get a manuel if posible. I also want to look at the new ISF Lexus. v-8 power in the smallest body lexus has. It could turn out to be a japanese muscle car.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by limeg35
It depends on what and how you mean by "at least faster than M3", it can be done with few well chosen bolt-ons, eventhou this vid is 350Z not G35, but the way that Z beat the M3 (wasnt close at all)? I dont see why can not G35 with similar mods being able to beat M3 (at certain type of races), might not be quite as big margin or in any rolling/starting speed but should be "faster".

PM sakred(hammad) over at my350z he can tell you what he got, there is a thread about it here, but I could not find it at moment.

From 350Z's view

http://sakred.nauticaltech.com/race_vids/z_vs_e46m3.wmv

From M3's view

http://sakred.nauticaltech.com/race_vids/e46m_vs_z.wmv
I'm very skeptical when anyone compares automobile performance via street racing BS. In general, it proves nothing.

Line them up, side by side, with measured, reaction times and controlled conditions, and I'll respect the outcome. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm very skeptical when anyone compares automobile performance via street racing BS. In general, it proves nothing.

Line them up, side by side, with measured, reaction times and controlled conditions, and I'll respect the outcome. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.
I understand that, but the OP was asking if it can be done without to spend tons of money or going to the FI route, If the both car have similar performance, by what you are saying? there is no way to compare two car's performance then, even in the "controlled" conditions, cus the reaction time of the driver will always be different, the weather will be different, different tires...ect. we arent talking about excat here, or you have to "respect" the outcome, just the "possibility" it can be done without going the FI route like everyone was saying here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trying to get a faster G...