G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please Help w/ B--S---!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help w/ B--S---!!

I have already had input from Red Willow who had a good outcome w/ this problem. We are getting nowhere. We purchased a G35 Coupe from Herb Chambers in Boston. They installed an aftermarket spoiler (the salesperson told us that they were waiting for an Infinity spoiler- he has since left) which has caused our trunk to leak and freeze closed for 3 months. We are from RI. The RI dealer checked the problem and charged us $165.00 because it was not an Infinity part. They indicated that the spoiler and trunk lid needed to be replaced. Herb Chambers states that we knew it was aftermarket and will only replace it with the same. They basically voided our warranty on the entire trunk. They will not return our calls. We would never have agreed to an aftermarket spoiler. They also will not give us the number of the district rep. Infinity corporate will not help. Has anyone other than Red Willow had this happen? Please let me know. A word of caution. Don't go with the cheaper price. Herb Chambers doesn't stand behind their sales. I know that we can go at this with legal assistance. However, I want to know if anyone else has ever had this problem. We could deal w/ this w/ a class action.
Thank you.

lamrnd03

Old 12-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Re: Please Help w/ B--S---!!

There are often local "consumer help" systems affiliated with local news stations that get fast and very effective results. They go after situations exactly like this and are nightmares for those they pay attention too, due to the negative advertising. Remember, negative advertising backed by a responsible party (like a news broadcaster) is 20X more effective than paid positive advertising.

This particular case has great memes for TV as well. The trunk on your new luxury sports-car is frozen shut for months due to a dealer error. All locals can relate to the cold, everyone buys cars, everyone hates car dealers, odds are good they'd go after it for you.

Good luck; I hope everything works out.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 12-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats pretty decent advise. I know there is a consumer advocate that works for one of the local news stations in my city. If you call them with a consumer complaint they will go out there with the TV cameras rolling and ask them what the deal is. Needless to say the results are often pretty good.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 12-17-2003, 08:44 PM

Wow that is some bullsheet! I'd be pissed of too! As a matter of fact, it's not even ME and I'm pissed off!!!

I'd suggest contacting the Better Business Bureau. Lodge a complaint against these crooks (and possibly against Infinity Corporation(?)) and ask them to investigate the situation. Also, as mentioned above, the news anchor is a great idea. Keep in mind that it'll be your word against their. They'll say you knew it was aftermarket before they installed it and therefore accepted the risk.

It's unfortunate that events like these have to taint an otherwise amazing vehicle... Good luck.

<font color=blue>Twilight Blue/Willow, Nav, Aero, 6MT, Splashguards, Clearbra, Tint, Sirius, Ground Wires, EBC Greenstuff, V1, Clear Corners...</font color=blue>

Old 12-17-2003, 09:23 PM

If your considering going after the dealer or the company legally, it would help if you spelled the Company's name right: Infiniti. Also spelled wrong by others in this thread.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:57 PM

I got a similar problem:

I bought my coupe with dealer installed spoiler at warren henry infiniti... When i came to pick up the car it had a scratch and they tried to buff it out only messing up the spoiler worse! They said they would give me a new one... i came back a couple weeks later, and they installed a new one... it was night by the time they were done (my error) i checked it good but was not overly careful, "i thought its only a spoiler how could they mess it up?" They ghetto rigged it with extra screws where they aren't supposed to be, and covered these screws in silicone caulk... then a few weeks later i began to notice a piece of metal inside the trunk was banging around a little... it has snow balled to where now if i stop or accelerate hard, or open or close the trunk and you are standing within 15 feet you can hear what sounds to be a screw bounce from one side to the other!

I am going to go in and calmly demand a new trunk!
And if they won't give me it all hell will break loose... i payed 39 g's in cash for this car so they better F^cking fix the trunk!

Peace
-Eric

'03.5 Silver/Black | Prem | Perf | Aero | Stillen Hi-Flow | Z -Tube | Grounding Kit | Nismo Oil/Radiator Caps | Solid Allum Pedals | Diamond Matts | Tints | Valentine1 | Hide-Away License Plate!

Old 12-18-2003, 02:06 AM
G SQUAD

Its late, so I can't go into full detail, but there are two venues, equally as lethal for a dealership. First is the Better Business Bureau. It is usually an online form that you file and they contact the dealership to mediate. Its definately worth the minimal effort to file a complaint and follow it up with some phone calls.

Second is your state Attorney General's Office. Just the mere threat of the AG's office sends most dealerships into tail spins. Thus was the case when I was buying my car and they'd ask where I work. I usually got responses like, "I know about the other dealerships, but I want to tell you how we've improved...." until I shut them up by telling them I'm in a different bureau!

Anyway, just put pressure on them, they'll fold and you'll get everything you want.

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit + Hyper Grounded
FX35 Blk/Brick Tech pkg
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and
emotional maturity." - Sigmond Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Old 12-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Banned

Check out www.infinitnews.com you may be able to find out the phone number for the infiniti-nissan corporate office.

04, G35C, DG, Prem, Aero, Perf. Tires and wheels. V1

Long Island, New York, USA

Old 12-18-2003, 07:42 AM

Tha IS BS... I am also pissed and it's not even me... I think that we should all complain to Infiniti on behalf of lamrnd03, and let them know that this WILL effect sales. Large corporations sometimes think: Oh wee!!! it's only ONE consumer... and tht it will not come back to haunt them...

What do you say guys??? Let's all go to the Infiniti web site and voice a complaint as regards this dealership.

2003.5 Coupe 5AT- premiumpackage /performance package/ K&N

Old 12-18-2003, 07:44 AM

P.S. We should do this for any of our fellow G owners who have similar valid complaints that aren't being handled in a reasonable fashion.

2003.5 Coupe 5AT- premiumpackage /performance package/ K&N

Old 12-18-2003, 08:09 AM

Post the name of the GM of the dealership, and the phone number... for those of us with a cellphone that can place free longdistance calls, it would be easy to give him a call for you:

"Hi, Mr. GM? Thanks for taking my call... I am considering the purchase of a G35, but my friend recently bought one from you and instead of placing a stock spoiler on the car, you surrepitiously placed an aftermarket product on the car which has caused him all sorts of misery. Misery which your dealership has yet to fix. Id love to be able to buy my car soon, but how do I know that you wont do the same thing to me?"

3/15/04: First baby due
Therefore.....
11/18/03:
Traded '03 350Z AT Touring
for
'03 G35c AT - NAV, Performance, Aero
HUD speedometer anyone?

Old 12-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

First is the Better Business Bureau.

<hr></blockquote>

The BBB might be worth a shot, but I gotta tell you. I have never had or known anyone who had a favorable outcome with a dispute through the BBB. They are paid by the companies (dealerships) that are a member. Talk about a conflict of interest!

The BBB has no real authority to force a member to do anything, they really just mediate between 2 parties and if the dealership refuses to do anything, at worst, they may just note a "unresolved dispute" on their membership. Unless of course they have chronic complaints, then they may receive an "unsatisfactory" rating. But again, this dosen't happen often, since they are in essence eliminating members that PAY them.

On the other hand, a call to the Att Gen certainly couldn't hurt. You may want to mention how the dealership violated the Magnuson Moss Act, by misrepresenting/Voiding the warranty included with the car.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 12-18-2003, 01:26 PM

Most state AGs are way too busy to get themselves involved with a civil dispute unless the dealer was engaged in an activity that affected a large number of residents of that state, or the dealer had engaged in some scheme to defraud the public. Nissan is also unlikely to get involved because the part was after-market, although it's possible that they may lend their weight to get the dealer to fix the problem.

Have you written a letter to the owner of the dealership? Provide a detailed accounting of what happened, and in a calm and polite manner request a course of action that would satisfy you. Copy the letter to Nissan corporate. Make sure to copy the letter and send it by registered mail so that you have evidence of having given the dealer notice. However you decide to resolve the matter, you would be in a better position if you could show that you made every attempt to resolve the matter directly with the dealership.

Good luck.

RainMeister
'04 G35C 6MT, diamond graphite, premium, nav, aero

Old 12-18-2003, 01:46 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lamrnd03, You need to go in and sit down to talk to the General Manager of the dealership. Get an appointment. Tell that person all the details (he/she may not be aware of what's happened). Give them a chance to rectify the issue since what's happened does seem to be very unfair.
If the GM is unwilling to do anything for you, then tell him you're prepared to go to the media, the BBB, and the AG. That alone may persuade him to help, if not follow thru with your 'promise'.
It also may be helpful to tell Infiniti Corporate head-office what your plans are. Having ignored you so far is shameful. Maybe knowing that one of their derlerships will be raked over the coals, will put things in a different light for them.
G/L

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-18-2003, 05:12 PM

Many thanks to all of you who shared suggestions on ways to handle this problem. Many, many thanks to those of you who were willing to help me try to persuade the dealership. What a nice group. I'm glad I found you. After I posted here last night, I was still ripped. We had spoken w/ the GM several times and also the secretary of the owner of the dealership. No one would return our calls. On a whim, I went to the dealership's site. I sent my complaint to "Contact Us". My husband got a call from the GM this a.m. - not especially gracious. However, after MUCH discussion, they are willing to give us an Infiniti trunk lid and spoiler. They won't allow our local dealership to do it. However, we want closure to this mess. So, we'll go for it; it probably won't be until after the New Year. I'll share other specifics, that I've left out, when I have my car w/ Infiniti parts sitting in my driveway. Also, I think the idea of a quasi phone tree is great. If anyone needs a call somewhere, just send me a PM. I will be glad to help out a friend.
Thanks again,
Michele

lamrnd03

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.