G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

blue running lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
blue running lights

I saw a photo in the cool pics section of a g with front running lights that looked to be almost neon blue (night shot) are these a aftermarket readily available item....looked pretty good...are all front bulb replacement done from front wheel well? thanks.....

Old 12-18-2003, 10:37 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: blue running lights

the bulbs you were prolly lookin at were most likely piaa led bulbs. if they were really blue then the were the blue blue ones. there are also blue white ones and white white ones. i have the white white ones and the still have a slight blue tint but not much and i think the better match the piaa xtreme white bulbs. here is a link to another post that discusses them

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...view=&sb=&vc=1

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra / 5% Tint All Round / Clear Corners / Piaas Everywhere / Shock Sensor

Old 12-18-2003, 11:23 PM

thanks dan....the lights i saw were more blue for sure ...looked to me like a blue strip of light running down the outside part of the light assembly ........no headlights were on in the photo so I can only guess that it was the little bulb on the top of the assembly...thanks for the links they helped...I'll have to find that photo again and chase them down..

04 cpe ivory/pearl premium/ sport whl pkg

Old 12-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GR8TG35,
I purchased a set of blue running lights at the local Autozone. Very blue, so blue that I removed them because I didn't want any hasles with the CHPs ( Cali Highway Patrol) I think I paid $10.00 bucks!

Later,
Phat911

Old 12-19-2003, 10:46 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

no prob. glad i could help. i would def recommend the piaa led lights if you want the blue look. they seem to be the ones that light up the clearance strip evenly.

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra / 5% Tint All Round / Clear Corners / Piaas Everywhere / Shock Sensor

Old 12-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PIAA BLUE-BLUE LED bulb

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 12-19-2003, 11:00 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

rice

Ivory Pearl coupe

Old 12-19-2003, 11:20 AM

I'll send that pic to my two CA officer pals and see what they say. I'd bet they'd stop you. You can't have any blue, nor any red facing forward unless you are in an approved EMS vehicle and trained to drive it.

I'll report back with what they say.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 12-19-2003, 11:36 AM

thanks for the pics...your car looks great...I wonder about police stops..I live in jersey and did not put on a front plate (its required in N.J.) so i'll have to think about it.. every body has been real helpful at this site...so thanks a bunch ..2old4this

04cpe ivory/willow/prem/sport wheel pkg

Old 12-19-2003, 11:44 AM

makes sense to me...how come all the neat stuff is always illegal!!!
N.J. is a pretty rough state for regulations...already had problems in the past with window tinting 35grade so i don't think i want to attract any more attention then i already do by just driving around in such a wicked looking ride..thanks again to everybody 2old4this

04cpe ivory//willow/prem/sport wheel pkg

Old 12-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those lights are super illegal. You can not have any forward facing colored bulbs at all unless they are between amber and white. You can not have any rear facing colored bulbs unless they are red or amber. White can only be for reverse. So those with clear rear signal bulbs are illegal.

As for NJ, I had those lights in my car for 2 hours max before removing them because I didn't want cop trouble. I switched to a less noticeable blue light. I went about 8-9 months before getting pulled over. Didn't get pulled over for the lights, but that's what the bastard gave me a ticket for since I didn't do anything wrong... just a bored cop. I have been pulled over four times. Never got a ticket for no front plate or my tinted windows. Knock on wood. I almost got pulled over last night for out accelerating an unmarked police car while getting on the Garden State Parkway. There were two cars in front of me in the acceleration lane. As soon as the dotted line appeared I cut over to the next lane and took off. I was in 2nd gear and floored it, so you can imagine the officer's dismay. I never broke the speed limit though and let off the gas at 65 just cruising. Then I see the unmarked cruiser race to catch up to me and just ride my bumper. I thought I was screwed for sure. He rode my *** for about a mile before he changed lanes to pass me. At that point I was $hitting a brick cause he wouldn't be able to get a good view of me with my tinted windows. So as soon as he was about to get parallel with me I downshifted to fourth and engine broke to 55 instantly so he didn't get a good look.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 12-19-2003, 12:07 PM

gr8t,
I had 2 tags both bolted to the rear of my Z28, one on top of the other.
I was only ever stopped twice for it and the NJ law states "both tags must be displayed", and because they are on top of each other does not mean they are not both displayed. You just show them they are both there and they usually say, "it means one on front and one in rear", but the law reads "displayed", it doesn't say how to display them.
If they ticket you the prosecutor will throw it out.
I live in South Jersey, the small town cops can be jerkaffs, but such is life.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-19-2003, 05:04 PM

. . . hehe, both said they'd stop and cite that car immediately. Furthermore, the one friend (who still works the street in Richmond, CA), said he wouldn't let the car drive at night until the lights were fixed.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 12-19-2003, 06:12 PM

Hey I installed blue L.E.D.'s on my car aswell. I haven't had any problems with the police at all, and I've been pulled over a couple of times with the G. One time the officer took the time to look at where the front license plate should be.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2003, 08:29 PM

funny...i drive the parkway all the time too...from so jersey to paramus...yeah thats right 100 miles a day...the state police love to pull up real fast behind me then come along side for a peek..since i'm no longer a youngster they usually just go on by..one time i was pulled over and when he got a look at me and my age ......he just let me go....feel real bad for you young bucks and ladies...both are fair game if you know what i mean. anyway i guess i'll stick with what i have for the time being....i know its only a matter of time until the good long arm of the law catches up with me as well...i'm having a real hard time keeping this car under the speed limit....but then again they can't catch what they can't see!!!!! 2old4this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: blue running lights