G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

After over a month of debating what to get...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After over a month of debating what to get...

...I traded my 04 350Z in for a 2005 G35 Coupe....the car has 8333 miles on it....mint condition...has premium and sport packages....white with wheat interior...oh...it's an A/T...

the previous owner barely drove the damn car....ya know that oil change sticker they put up in the corner of your windshield? Yea, well it read "NEXT OIL CHANGE: 12/07/06 or 9703 miles" which means they last changed their oil in 09/07/06 when the car had 6703 miles....so since September of 2006, they drove barely 1600 miles....and they left their original contract in the car, and I looked at it when they originally purchased the vehicle in 2005, they traded in a 2000 Ford Mustang GT with 22,003 miles back then....so I knew the miles were pretty legit...I kinda figured out it was a woman driver cuz they left a pair of women sunglasses in the sunglasses holder...

Paint in excellent condition...small curb rash on one wheel, all other wheels excellent...and tires are over 95%...

...so yeah...I saw it on Autotrader this morning as "NEW LISTING" (when I went to bed last night, I didn't see it at 3AM...hahaha)...went to the dealership, went straight to the used car manager and he gave me the price and I said "Let's wrap it up"...

On the drive home, I missed my Z so bad....I miss how it handles, I miss the power...I miss the sexy curves...I miss the shifting...(I'm sorry guys, but I really prefer the Z over the G, but my back was just killing me so I needed to get into some less rough and get away from a 6speed....haha...the Sport suspension and the wheels on the G don't help either, but, it's a bit softer)...

When I originally decided to get another car, it was because of the reasons above...and so I decided on the GC...but after looking I said "F*K IT, I'ma get me a ZR"...and now I'm settling for the GC like I had originally decided on...but hey, it's a nice car and I'm looking forward to loving it...

(sorry...this is my rant and rave and intro to G35driver.com, buh bye my350z.com)

Old 04-06-2007, 02:44 AM
the power shouldnt be that DIFFERENT.. the Z is faster, but it shouldnt be to the point where it's significant.

I agree with you on the handling tho, sometimes the G feels like a boat.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by 888
the power shouldnt be that DIFFERENT.. the Z is faster, but it shouldnt be to the point where it's significant.

I agree with you on the handling tho, sometimes the G feels like a boat.
egh...the power is probably due to going from a 6M/T to A/T....even A/T in the Z feels weak...not close enuf to the redline...and when you put the A/T in manual mode, I don't like that lag...

Old 04-06-2007, 08:00 AM
How much $$$ more came out of your pocket? obviously you got the tax advantage.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by G35MC
How much $$$ more came out of your pocket? obviously you got the tax advantage.
I paid $27,500 for the car...after my trade, I'm financing $27,000 out the door...and the only reason why I went ahead and paid $500 more than what it should go for is because of the condition and the mileage of the car...I've looked at many GCs in the past month, and I've gotten a few deals at $26,500 and most at $27,000...but this was the color I wanted, and the exhaust pipe smelled like a brand new car when i drove it hard, which means the previous driver did not gun the car at all...

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 04-06-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
that interesting with your thoughts on it.
personally when i was looking to purchase a car I had nothing to worry about.

No kids for back seats, no budget to worry about--it was a simple pick the car you like best. I was leaning towards the Z but that died rather quickly after i test drove both. The z is nice but the g35 takes it hands down i think. Its a better quality car, most people seem to prefer the G and the g35 seems to beat the Z in most every catagory.

Now theres the speed factor. u said you missed the power. I thought i was loosing power too by going with the G but after racing a few Z's and never lossing yet Im more than happy with my decision. when i first got my car i put in the z-tube with k&n filter so those were my only mods.

I hope you end up appreciating your car more, good luck either way

Old 04-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
that interesting with your thoughts on it.
personally when i was looking to purchase a car I had nothing to worry about.

No kids for back seats, no budget to worry about--it was a simple pick the car you like best. I was leaning towards the Z but that died rather quickly after i test drove both. The z is nice but the g35 takes it hands down i think. Its a better quality car, most people seem to prefer the G and the g35 seems to beat the Z in most every catagory.

Now theres the speed factor. u said you missed the power. I thought i was loosing power too by going with the G but after racing a few Z's and never lossing yet Im more than happy with my decision. when i first got my car i put in the z-tube with k&n filter so those were my only mods.

I hope you end up appreciating your car more, good luck either way
yah..I'm hoping for the same...haven't had a luxury car in a couple of years, so it's kinda nice going back to one...

Old 04-06-2007, 04:56 PM
dude...i agreee with you..the suspension is weak but hey nothing a few mods wont fix....so if its fixable dont worry about it unless your not looking to put money into the car...then dude u bought the wrong car..cuz once the mod bug hits it hits hard and you cant restrain yourself...imo Z is a sweet carr...honestly the first time i saw a commercial for it i thought wow thats a great car ...but the G won me over the first time i saw it....i know this is G35driver and your going to get completelyyyyyyyy biased answers here but yeah i think you made the right move over to the G...myfriend has a Z and is completely envious of my interior...the Z interior is just rubbish...i think the curves of the G are more refined as well..so good job going for the IP (like i did as well)...and let the mods begin

Old 04-12-2007, 01:29 PM
well...the kid who bought my Z....

here's the car the day I sold it:

Old 04-12-2007, 02:13 PM
wow, thats aweful

hope both of them recover fully, sucks to see accidents like that happen

Old 04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy split Batman!

Old 04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is that for real your car that was split in half? there's a post on my350z about it. what a coincidence.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by izmir41500
is that for real your car that was split in half? there's a post on my350z about it. what a coincidence.
yup it's my car...I think there are 3 threads about it on my350z.com

Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
now that stinks

Old 04-12-2007, 04:21 PM
congrats on the G, that sucks about the 350!! My bro has a Z and I have a G, both 06. They're basically two different classes. The Z is a pure sports car, not much in the luxury department. But handles tight and suspension is a little harsher. The G is a split between luxury/sport. A little quieter inside and definately more leg and headroom. If I had to choose again I'd make the same decision, I love the G!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: After over a month of debating what to get...