G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Diamond Graphite Willow Combination?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Graphite Willow Combination?

What do folks think of this color combination? My local dealer needs to search for such a combo cause everything on order in diamond graphite has the black leather. I debated, willow will show scufs, but the black will show dust. I'm leaning towards the willow with dark floor mattes, but can't figure out why its a rare color combo. Any thoughts?

Old 12-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Diamond Graphite Willow Combination?

I think that would look good. I have willow 2700 miles on it and not one scuff mark yet. I use a damp micro fiber towel to wipe down the interior and it works really well. I think DG / Willow would look pretty classy.

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int, K&N Typhoon CAI, Hyper Grounding Kit, Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check with <font color=green>Ramborami</font color=green>. I believe he has that comb and may have some pics and info to share.
Happy holidays.

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-23-2003, 07:55 PM

When I went to pick up my car, I had the choice of a DG/Willow combination. The Willow is very nice, and after 9 years of driving a car with a black interior, I seriously contemplated getting the Willow. At the end of the day, I chose the graphite because I felt it lent the car a more sporting air, and kept dirt from showing up. I don't think you'll go wrong with either combination.

RainMeister
'04 G35C 6MT, diamond graphite, premium, nav, aero

Old 12-23-2003, 09:48 PM

I also think that Willow looks good. So much so, that I ordered a Diamond Graphite with Willow interior. I currently own a BMW with a light colored leather and in 5 years do not have any scuff marks. When a shoe scuffs the inside door panel, I just use a leather cleaner/conditioner and it looks like new again. Personally, black is cool looking, but it shows every bit of dust to the point you have to be fanatical to keep it clean. I'm sure there will be plenty to disagree with me. Also, living in Florida makes me think twice before buying a dark interior, especially leather. I actually prefer a cloth interior because it retains less heat when getting in your car at the end of a work day.

2004 Coupe/DG/5AT on order...Is it January yet?

Old 12-23-2003, 10:05 PM

DG/Willow will look great. I've had to wait 3 1/2 months to order what I want, Silver/Willow. Can't do black in Georgia. The wait is killing me though.

04' 6MT Silver/Willow, Prem, 4 pc Aero. No mods yet b/c it's comming 01/02/04 per dealer.

Old 12-24-2003, 04:57 AM

i actually had a choice between DG/G and DG/W. after a long and hard deliberation i choose the DG/G. here are my thoughts. the dark interior looks more sporty and the light interior looks more stylish. you cant go wrong with either. they both look great. one deciding actor is that my girlfriend had a bmw 328 with light grey interior and it was dirty all the time after a couple years.

don't start no sh*t, won't be no sh*t!
'04 g35c DG/G 5AT premium, performance, aero kit, pedals, clears

Old 12-24-2003, 08:27 AM

I have DG/G and to me . . .the black interior is much better . . .First, I think the contrast the black interior presents with the exterior and the titanium finish looks great. Second, its easier to keep clean. Third, the Infiniti logo on the seats and the floormats is more pronounced. Finally, I typically hate it when a steering wheel and dash is beige/brown/willow. Black wheel and dash looks very purposeful, although I will admit the grey dash and wheels on the Benz's looks good too.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:38 AM

It's all very personal and subjective.

Personally, I think the Graphite interior is too black and everything kind of runs together. Again, it's all very subjective. I really have enjoyed my choice a lot... Silver/Willow. But the bottom line is... don't just take something cause it's there and available... wait for what you truely want.

Max - '03.5 Silver / Willow Coupe, 6MT, Prem, Nav, Aero + Lip / SGs

Old 12-24-2003, 04:59 PM

logo on the seats? hehe. First thing I want to do is replace the gril and take teh stupid Mnt. Fuji logo off the back of the car. I'm more interested in the car then I am the over branding of the vehicle from a company that did a rather poor job of branding themselves to begin with. This is comming from someone who recently worked on designing their commerical end tags. I think it will be Willow/DG for me. I too like the mercedes gray. Had they had that option, I would have gone for that.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:33 PM

I with max, get whatever you like, whatever looks good to you. If you want my opinion, I really like graphite interior. The car is garaged, and I don't have any problem keeping it clean from dust. I just wipe it off once in two weeks, and use the leather cleaner once every two months. The leather looks as good as new. I just love the combo of DG/G. I am itching to get a 35% (maybe 30%, if that's available) tint all around. I think that'll make the car look really slick. Good luck with your choice. I faced the same decision when I got my G, and it was a really tough one.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Diamond Graphite Willow Combination?