G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

!!Be Careful When Taking Your Car For Service!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: !!Be Careful When Taking Your Car For Service!!

"I know how the local service dept in our city operates, first hand. I've been flat out lied to by both the Gen manager and Service manager there. The dealership has also refused to perform warranty service on my vehicle, even when told to by their own regional Infiniti rep. I will say the head technician there is very knowledgeable and helpful, unfortunately, he physically can't work on every car and has virtually no decison making authority. "

Gotta love our Atlantic Infiniti!! lol. I was strickly speaking about the folks performing the work. While I agree with you that the service reps. often leave much to be desired, (I too seemed to have been tricked into higher costs), I can honestly say I've never had a problem with the actual work that had been performed.

RW, we'll see soon though. I think I'm going to take the car in and see what I can get done with this premature wearing leather. Getting worse. Seems to age like 10X faster then it should be.

Old 12-27-2003, 08:13 PM

redwillow,

I've actually worked in a few car dealerships in the past, so I have first hand knowledge.

That said, it is not usual for a dealership to have a "half dozen people that drive, move, wash, and have access to your car... from the second it arrives in the service dept". In reality, there are very few people with access to your car when in for service. As a matter of fact, most times, you park your car for service, and the tech drives it in/out and then parks it. Then you pick it up. Simple as that.

In some cases, I guess your car may be washed, so the detail guys would get to "drive" it (into the detail bay). But keep in mind that these are the same guys that are constantly cleaning new cars for delivery. If they were a bunch of hacks, they'd be messing up new cars and wouldn't last long on the job.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Hitman:
Your ingnorance about some of the gross negligence going on at dealerships is outrageous.

<hr></blockquote>

Never said there wasn't any negligence going on..... but you make it seem like your car will definitely be damaged at the dealership service dept.

Do you even read this or other Infiniti forums? They are loaded with these types of stories about gross negligence and damage to vehicles.

I can't even COUNT how many times i have read about someones car being dinged, rims scratched, or rims ruined because a "skilled technician" used an air gun on the recessed lug nuts. Or how a vehicle was never test driven after doing a brake switch recall, causing the customer's brakes to go out 1/2 mile from the dealership.

<hr></blockquote>

Sure, and how many times have you heard of people NOT complaining of dealership horror stories? Probably none, right? Ever wonder why? Simple- people aren't going to post that they got their car back from the dealer WITHOUT a scratch or ding or grease spot on the hood. Because that's what is expected.

I can assure you that it is far more common to get your car back in the same shape you left it than it is to get it back messed up.

I now understand your attitude, since you have obviously had bad experiences at your local dealership. But that's still no excuse to bad-mouth ALL dealerships. That makes about as much sense as going to Wendy's for some chicken nuggets and getting them dried out and cold, and then saying that Wendy's chicken nuggets suck.

Point is that there are plenty of good dealership experiences, but you rarely hear about them, simply because it is expected.

Old 12-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will admit that my attitude toward this topic may be skewed, since I feel my local dealership is one of the worst.

But posts like this one and others, do not instill much confidence that other dealerships are better. Clearly, there are some out there that do great work.

I also agree that in most cases, it is probably the majority of cars that enter and leave the dealerships undamaged..... but that still dosen't make it OK to be negligent for the balance.

Their goal should be to return EVERY car to its owner in the condition they received it, not just a majority of them.

When a dealership is negligent/careless, damages a car, then goes to great lengths to hide it from the owner, it reflects very poorly on all dealerships, service departments, and Infiniti........and personally, it makes me not want to take my car in, for fear of having it returned damaged.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 12-27-2003, 09:34 PM
G SQUAD

GTR you service at Atlantic Infiniti also? I'll take the advice from SedanMan and cool down a bit. I'll try to reason with them and see what happens. I'll definitely fill yous in on what the outcome is. Thanks for everything.

2003.5 Blk/Blk w/all dem options

Old 12-27-2003, 09:39 PM

Oh I agree with poor Infiniti service. I brought my car in so that they can repair my wheel and all they did was scratch my brembos from using the spare tire, they couldn't match the paint if they fixed the wheel. It turned into how do we know it wasn't already there. They are just plainly irresponsible and make it seem like they don't care about you. Now I know not every dealership is like this but Field's is. I am still not done with them. Better Business is soon gonna be involved if I don't get results from these guys.

Old 12-27-2003, 09:42 PM

VinNYCG, the local dealership in our city (Redwillow and I), is also called "Atlantic Infiniti". We are in Florida though. Not the same Atlantic Infiniti.

Old 12-28-2003, 02:23 AM
G SQUAD

Oh okay lol hope yours is better than ours up here

Old 12-28-2003, 02:53 AM

i know at benz dealerships right before you take ur car in, they have a lil pic of a car on the service paper and take down each dent and scratch noticeable on ur car by drawing it in or marking it on their paper... wouldnt it be nice if infiniti had something like that? i think it would make their customer service get alot more brownie points from us

Old 12-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting, never heard of a dealership doing that. Something like that at least shows that they care!

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 12-28-2003, 11:19 AM

Infinti does have a system like that, but it's for THEIR loaner cars. They are supposed to fill one of those out to mark any damage on the cars they give you. Although, when I got a loaner, they didn't fill that section of the paperwork out. Actually, it's because of this I get a little uncomfortable taking a loaner car. I can just see them trying to hold me respondsible for a dent or scratch I didn't do.

You know, our dealership seems to live by the post-service survey they mail after getting work done. I will suggest this on every survey I fill out from now on, because I would be pretty pissed off if my car was returned damage. (On the other hand this would also protect them, if I damaged the car before bringing it in, and just never noticed it).

Old 12-28-2003, 11:48 AM

They did a "walk through" on my coupe when I took it in for service. I dropped it off, and got a loaner, so they walked around the car, and found no dings or any other damage . And that's the way I got my coupe back. If I am not mistaken, it's the second largest dealer in the nation, so their processes might be different than others'.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 12-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the warning...I'm bringing my g35 in tomorrow for its first oil change,,,I live in South Jersey and bought and service my car at the dealership (Circle Infiniti) since this is my second infiniti, I have had some experience with them...they have been really good so far...I never have them wash my car though...and now I'm a little skeptic to take a loaner...I thing from now on I'll just wait for the car....anyway I'm sorry your car was damaged like that by the people that are supposed to be the professionals in service for that car....Maybe look for another dealer in your area that will take better care of you....customer service is key in any business!!!! and if they messed up they should jump thru hoops to make things right!!!
LOL in the future and thanks for the heads up...2old4this

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/prem/sport wheel pkg..

Old 12-29-2003, 02:10 PM
G SQUAD

Okay fellas here's the verdict. This morning for a change they called me nice and early. It was the original service consultant who I had been dealing with in the beginning of the transaction. She apologized for the whole ordeal and listened to what happend. As a result of all of this they will fix the scratches both on the hood and fender free of charge as well as arrange for free 7500 mile service. She said that she would enter it into the system and next time I come in it will pop up in the system. So I guess thats somewhat reasonable, the only thing is that I'll have to wait untill the 7500 mile mark. However the scratches aren't that bad, barely visable. Good luck with your services. As for the service dept. at Atlantic Infiniti, they do a walk through inspection of the car with you and grade it according to a pic or diagram of a car on a piece of paper. They make all marks indicating where blemishes occur. That strenghtens my argument even more. Thanks a bunch guys and dont forget to be careful with service!!! for your own safety anyway.Oh and I do not blame the people who work on the car. I blame the service managers and other officials for not emphasizing how important it is to treat these cars with car or for not weeding out the bad apples before hiring them.

Old 12-29-2003, 05:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

VinNYCG, I'm glad you have come to an amicable agreement and that you are satisfied.
Pehaps this was a learning experience for the dealer involved and will help inprove things for you and other valued customers from now on.
Congrats bro, have a safe and happy new year.

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-29-2003, 06:36 PM

They did a "walk through" on my coupe when I took it in for service.

<hr></blockquote>

That's a good point-- I'm sure that ANY dealership would be more than happy to have a service advisor go outside and look at your car with you. Simply show them that your car is being dropped off with ZERO damage and tell them that you expect to pick it up in the same condition.

I know that there are dealers that do look at customers cars before working on them simply to avoid customers blaming scratches/dings or whatever on the dealership. It's definitely a two-way street though... for every dealership employee that scratches a car, there's probably 2 or 3 customers that blame the dealership for scratches that were already there. I've been on both sides of that fence.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: !!Be Careful When Taking Your Car For Service!!