G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

!!Be Careful When Taking Your Car For Service!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 10:15 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!!Be Careful When Taking Your Car For Service!!

Whats good fellas...Well I m just gonna let you guys know, although most probably already know that taking your car to Infiniti for service can bring more bad than good...
I took my car in for the 3750 oil change on Monday. The service consultant calls me back and says they are backed up and will need to hold the car overnight and that i will get it for Tuesday because they are closed Wednesday and Thrusday. On Tuesday she calls again and tells me that they still haven't got to the car and I will definitely get it on Friday. At this point I m pissed but I m like you know what its the week of Christmas I'm sure thats what it is. Whatever, so Friday now I call them and call them and finally they have my car ready. I get there when its late like 5:30 and I start inspecting my car(g35 drivers standard behavior). Upon this I notice a scratch on my hood. I bring the service consultant out and they take the car back in and try to get the scratch out. I can still see the scratch when they bring it out and I m tight as hell now. So I tell say f**k off to both and that I will be getting in touch with their service manager on Monday because this wasnt on my car when I brought it in. Today in the sun I go to look at my car and realize that these muthaf**kers scratch a quarter of my driver's side fender and failed to mention it to me. They tried to buff it out so that I wouldn't see it but it wasnt getting past me. Now Monday I m calling them and cursing everybody out. They have to fix my car back the way it was and I m not letting them paint it either. They will have to pay the bodyshop that I m taking it too. This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. From a week for an oil to scratches, it unbelievable. What do you guys suggest I should do????In Closing inspect that car reall good when you leaving service.

Old 12-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: !!Be Careful When Taking Your Car For Service!!

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What do you guys suggest I should do????

<hr></blockquote>

Start doing your own maintenance, it's the only way to know it is being done to your standards.

and in the future...stay away from the dealerships, especially for maintenance and minor warranty things. For the most part they are grossly incompetent.

Take a good look at the people who work at these places..... Not exactly what I consider to be skilled labor.

They hand your car off to a bunch of unqualified high school drop outs who can barely change a light bulb. They could care less about your precious car. On the contrary, they may be careless or damage it just out of spite!

As for the damage, if you look close at the sheet they have you sign when you drop the car off it usually has some type of disclaimer saying you agree that the dealership is not responsible for any theft or damage to your car while in their posession. So you might think twice before losing it on them, if they are offering/attempting to try to fix it. If you signed that paper, they could easily tell you sorry, we aren't responsible and you would not have much recourse.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by redwillow on 12/27/03 07:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-27-2003, 10:44 AM

What dealership did this happen at?

Old 12-27-2003, 11:04 AM
G SQUAD

Atlantic Infiniti On Sunrise Hwy. Long Island, NY

Old 12-27-2003, 11:48 AM

I say that we should all complain to Infiniti on his behalf if there is not an acceptable resolution to the matter. As I mentioned before, we should do this for any who encounter problems with the dealership. This will put even more pressure on them to take care of the customer. Let me know if the problem is not resolved, I'll help you complain. Oftenitmes the attitude is: so what it's only one customer. We need to let them know that word of poor service WILL get around.

2003.5 Coupe 5AT- premiumpackage /performance package/ K&N

Old 12-27-2003, 12:09 PM

this isn't the first complaint i've read about that dealer. I think they have a very poor reputation.

Personally, I'd really like to see some sort of moderator administered, forum listing, of member's unresolved complaints against dealerships, with a listing of the dealership name, location and nature of the unresolved complaint. A sort of a forum dealership black list.

Something tells me a list like that would get large very quickly.

Right now, it seems forum members are pretty much on their own to resolve these ever growing dealership problems.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 12-27-2003, 01:32 PM
G SQUAD

Thanks a lot for your support guys. I mean right now everytime i think about this it pisses me off man. Its like when Monday comes around I m gonna literally blow up on them and if they fail to do anything about it then I wanna take it to the next level whatever that is. Its not fair that we pay all this money for this car and get the sh*ttiest treatment possible from these people and then they act like their doing us a favor something. Thanks a lot guys, open to any suggestions on this issues that yous may have.

2003.5 Blk/Blk w/all dem options

Old 12-27-2003, 02:14 PM

"Start doing your own maintenance, it's the only way to know it is being done to your standards."

Slight off topic, but...

if you do your own oil changes, and want to stay on the infiniti factory warranty, how do you prove that you did it at least once every 7500 miles (as the warranty requires)?

Thanks.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 12-27-2003, 02:27 PM

Save all of your receipts on the oil and filter purchases.

RainMeister
'04 G35C 6MT, diamond graphite, premium, nav, aero

Old 12-27-2003, 02:43 PM

Take a good look at the people who work at these places..... Not exactly what I consider to be skilled labor.

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, there are some very highly skilled professionals working there. Unfortunately, there might also be some that are far from highly skilled. But that's life.....

They hand your car off to a bunch of unqualified high school drop outs who can barely change a light bulb. They could care less about your precious car. On the contrary, they may be careless or damage it just out of spite!

<hr></blockquote>

Your ignorance about auto technicians is outrageous. Long gone are the days of high school dropouts learning to turn a wrench. These days, it takes an extraordinary amount of training/school to repair/maintain new vehicles.

Have some respect for these people..... after all, who is it that you will turn to if your precious G35 has some serious problems? Of course you can't fix it yourself, so you'll be forced to turn to PROFESSIONALS!

BTW, did you know that most dealerships have at least a few top techs that make over $100K/year? Did you ever wonder why? Have you looked at the technology in these modern cars?

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I don't like the way you disrespect auto techs. In reality, there are plenty of caring and competent techs out there.

Old 12-27-2003, 02:54 PM

Hitman, I agree with you. Many of these Techs are very knowledgable and professional. They take care in their cars and know them very, very well.

04 Black G35C 6MT | Premium | Navigation

Old 12-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

I have to agree with Hitman. Dealer techs are far better then independant shops. Dealers have specific tests and qualifications their techs. must pass. You may want to re-check how your local dealer's service department operates before posting misleading/false info. like that.

Old 12-27-2003, 03:56 PM

who said anything about Techs? I'm talking about the half dozen people that drive, move, wash, and have access to your car... from the second it arrives in the service dept.....lot hands, car washers, etc, etc.......you think these are educated people? Some of them are not even 18 years old!

......all sanctioned by the dealership... with complete access to customer cars.

If the dealerships don't like criticism, perhaps they should have some of the highly qualified 6 figure people on their payroll develop a method to take a little more care with customer's cars. Often, it seems like negligence and damage to a customer's car is not the exception, it is the norm.

Do you honestly believe that it is standard practice to assign the top technician to do oil changes or routine maintenance at dealerships? I can tell you, at the dealerships i have been to, it is pretty apparent that the least competent "technician" is assigned to these tasks.

Hitman:
Your ingnorance about some of the gross negligence going on at dealerships is outrageous.

Do you even read this or other Infiniti forums? They are loaded with these types of stories about gross negligence and damage to vehicles.

I can't even COUNT how many times i have read about someones car being dinged, rims scratched, or rims ruined because a "skilled technician" used an air gun on the recessed lug nuts. Or how a vehicle was never test driven after doing a brake switch recall, causing the customer's brakes to go out 1/2 mile from the dealership.

I'm constantly reading posts about how, "dealership rotated my coupe tires but didn't take them off the rims", "dealership scratched my spoiler", "dealership created an air leak trying to do the grease streak TSB".... shall i go on?

Are there skilled, professional technicians working at dealerships? Sure.... but as a whole, I say overall, the industry is demonstrating a level of professionalism and competence at the dealerships that leaves something to be desired. It isn't just all about being having the skill to diagnose a problem or replace a transmission.
There is something to be said for having finess and exercising care and responsibility with other people's cars to prevent accidental damage.....
Treating it like your own!

You may want to re-check how your local dealer's service department operates before posting misleading/false info

<hr></blockquote>
I know how the local service dept in our city operates, first hand. I've been flat out lied to by both the Gen manager and Service manager there. The dealership has also refused to perform warranty service on my vehicle, even when told to by their own regional Infiniti rep. I will say the head technician there is very knowledgeable and helpful, unfortunately, he physically can't work on every car and has virtually no decison making authority.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 12-27-2003, 05:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, Lets stay on topic...........[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]..........
Vinnycg, Go back to the dealership and explain what has happened. Your car was obviously damaged while there, and obviously kept longer to try and fix it. That fix isn't good enough, and now they should fix it properly either with body work or new parts.
My adivise is to get that all done first to your satisfaction b4 'teeing off' on them. After you're satisfied and everything is back to the way it should be, make an appointment with the Sales manager, or owner, whoever is at the top of the chain there and then let him have it.
You don't want this issue to be dragged out 'till next summer or later, so lead them on 'till it's fixed properly.
In the meantime, let Infiniti customer service know what's happened, and also look for another dealer to deal with. Nobody could be worse than the one you just went to. lol.
This dealership sounds like it has serious issues with their customers, and may have customers screaming at them regularly. So if you do that initially, you may hurt your chances of them rectifying the problem quickly (or at all).
If it were me I'd save the Sh*t slinging to the end, then give it to them. It may take some self control now, but I think you've got a better chance by controlling your temper now.
I know what you guys mean by poor service and poor help.
These dealerships do have well trained techs, they have to, Infiniti requires it, and wouldn't grant the dealership licence without them. The problem lies with the 'extra' help who aren't nearly as trained, and may not be very good drivers either. These guys are asked to change oil, wash cars, even rotate wheels and other fairly mundane tasks, while the highly trained/paid techs are busy with the more complex tasks. It's just the way the system is everywhere.
What would bother me more than anything with what happened to you is the attempted 'cover-up'--------That's unforgivable, and was only compounded by the delays and excuses, and possibly lies that you, the customer, was fed.

Good luck with getting your ride fixed. I think if you're cool (initially) you'll succeed, and you'll also feel good in telling them just what you think of it all when your car is done and back in your hands. IMHO- that's the time to 'go nuts' on them.

Try not to sweat it bro. and don't let them ruin your holiday.

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealerships... [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img] My service manager in Indy knew his stuff inside and out, and my assigned tech was AWESOME. Now, when it comes to the people that clean the cars... Well, my neighbor actually worked at the dealerhip in highschool. Her job? Washing the cars. I actually taught her how to wash her car this summer and said "step one, take of watch and rings..." and she said "oh, that's a good idea". Oops.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: !!Be Careful When Taking Your Car For Service!!