G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

WILL THIS LOOK TACKY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WILL THIS LOOK TACKY?

Dragon, how hard was the conversion? How long too?

"SUCCESS" only comes before "WORK" in the Dictionary!

Old 12-31-2003, 09:00 PM

JDMan, i'm kinda surprised you say G35 ain't a Skyline. As your name mentioned "JDM". Please check any Japanese Nissan site, G35 is a exactly the same as Skyline other than minor things like emblems, corners, side sills. So you saying making G35 a JDM version is silly? And your name is JDMan? Man, This is what JDM is all about!!!

Many people who doesn't really know JDM car think Skyline IS GTR. Well, GT-R may be Skyline (early model), but that doesn't mean Skyline is equal to GT-R. (Sort of like not all Accord is V6). GT-R is just totally a different car than Skyline 350GT.

There is nothing wrong to make a RSX a Intergra, IS300 a Altezza, and a G35 a Skyline 350GT. It's the same car. Just a conversion from USDM to JDM. Period.

Old 12-31-2003, 09:16 PM

looks like a g35 to me..haha

Old 12-31-2003, 09:18 PM

...sigh, img dont work here?

162740-new-skyline.jpg

Old 12-31-2003, 09:18 PM

162741-new-skyline.jpg

Old 12-31-2003, 09:21 PM

u guys should at least take off the infiniti emblem. infiniti skyline dont sound right.

Old 12-31-2003, 09:27 PM

Only in US and Canada it is known as Infiniti G35, rest of the world is known as Nissan Skyline 350gt.

My opinion, i see nothing tacky about it. Now if you change it to a nissan skyline gtr, then it would be tacky.

Most people associate Infiniti as a luxury and higher end of Nissan. Now does it bother some here that you see an Infiniti G35 rebadge to Nissan Skyline 350gt? Now you car consider as a Nissan rather as an Infiniti. When I did rebadged my car, my friend told me,” why u lower yourself to a Nissan?” Off course I didn’t care what they say. I think my friend in a way associate the Infiniti as being more higher class, which I don’t feel that way. I wonder how many members in this forum think like my friend.

I felt in love the skyline long time ago. Always wondering why Nissan doesn’t bring to the US. Sadly enough, they bought it over but not as Nissan. I think Nissan did a great thing for Infiniti because their sale was sad compare to Lexus and Acura. G35 bring Infiniti back to life again. For over a year, they were able to sell the car at MSRP and crazy people like us still buy it. Not because we are stupid but because we love the car. Anyway, that is my 2 cents on this topic. Sorry didn’t mean to hijack your thread.

Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g35mt

Old 12-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I don't want to start this whole it's a Skyline, it's not a Skyline argument. But, how can you say "it's not a Skyline any more than that new Pontiac is a GTO". It may not be a GT-R but it's definatly a Skyline. Just look at Nissans website in Japan. The only differences between the G35 and Skyline 350 GT are:
badges, seats, a clock and the side the steering wheel is on. everything else is the same.

<hr></blockquote>

I agree that the Infiniti G35 is essentially the same as the 2003-2004 Nissan Skyline 350GT. I disagree that the 2003-2004 Nissan Skyline 350GT is a Skyline, much like how I disagree with GM that the 2004 Pontiac GTO is a GTO. The 2004 Pontiac GTO is a 2004 Holden Monaro with ugly styling. And the 2004 Nissan Skyline 350GT is a 2004 Nissan Fairlady Z33 with pretty styling and a backseat. They're just called "GTO" and "Skyline" because those names have market appeal. You'd be hard-pressed to find a single meaningful part in common between the G35 and any prior model carrying the Skyline name. Forget turbos and AWD and GT-R badges, it's a totally different platform powered by a V6 instead of an inline-6 and encased in smooth, rounded styling that does not borrow a single cue from its namesake. As I've said before, nobody would have mistaken a G35 for a Skyline had they decided to name it anything else. That's why you need to special order badges for it.

Not that you shouldn't put Skyline badges on your car if you get a kick out of it. You want to buy into their marketing ploy figuring most people won't know better, that's your choice. But me, I'm driving an Infiniti G35, and its much better looking than any gaudy Playstation-mobile.

-Jack
Obsidian '03 G35 Sports Coupe
Titanium '03 MX-5 Shinsen #532

Old 12-31-2003, 10:42 PM

>>And the 2004 Nissan Skyline 350GT is a 2004 Nissan Fairlady Z33 with pretty styling and a backseat.<<

The analogy to the Monaro/GTO would not be accurate. GM took a pre-existing model from Australia and simply did some badge-engineering to come up with the GTO. Nissan designed the FM platform from the outset to be used for all of its mid-size front-engine, rear-drive entries. Of course, there's nothing wrong with calling the G35S a 4-door Z or the FX35 a Z wagon.

RainMeister
'04 G35C 6MT, diamond graphite, premium, nav, aero

Old 01-01-2004, 12:01 AM

I was in the same dilemma. The thing i decided to do was to replace the "INFINITI" with "SKYLINE" and the G35 with "350GT" and remove the infiniti emblem off the trunk. I think it looks really nice. I thought about replacing the front emblem with the nissan emblem but i'm not completely sure if i want to do that or replace the grill with the gialla grill. At least with the grill, nothing would say Nissan and i wouldn't have to replace all the infiniti badging inside. I'm really stuck at the moment trying to decide. If anything, don't leave the INFINITI emblem on the trunk. It makes no sense for the car to say INFINITI SKYLINE 350GT.

2004 G35c Twilight Blue/black 6MT
Aero Package -- Splash Guards -- Premium -- Trunk Mat

Old 01-01-2004, 12:06 AM

Heres a pic of my trunk

2004 G35c Twilight Blue/black 6MT
Aero Package -- Splash Guards -- Premium -- Trunk Mat

162783-pic1.jpg

Old 01-01-2004, 03:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

>> I think my friend in a way associate the Infiniti as being more higher class, which I don’t feel that way. I wonder how many members in this forum think like my friend. <<

Just about everyone in America associates Infiniti as a higher class than Nissan. Same with Lexus and Toyota, Acura and Honda. That's the whole reason the Automotive companies made up those names...They thought we(Americans) wouldn't want to spend more money on "just a" nissan, toyota, honda.

2003.5 6MT Premium Black Coupe Al. Pedals Grounding kit Borla TD exhaust PIAA Z-tube Pop-charger

Old 01-01-2004, 05:15 AM

i think its a lil tacky to leave the infinity sign and then put the skyline decals on there... but if u got the nissan emblems and put em on... or juss the skyline no inifiniti sign or no 350gt, but JUST the skyline... it would look really nice

Old 01-01-2004, 10:54 AM

"Playstation mobile" heh, nice

'04 Red/willow 5a, all but navi

Old 01-01-2004, 06:14 PM

It seems everyone wants what they do not have... I am indifferent to it but there is a hot market in Japan for the Infiniti emblems. I think that the Infiniti emblems are more unique and are better looking than the Nissan/Skyline emblems, but to each his/her own. The Skyline emblems are not bad, I just like the Infiniti emblems better. I think that the Skyline predicessor or GTR, if sold in the US as a G35, would be better suited for re-badging.

<font color=black> Black/Willow Coupe </font color=black>
Premium Package
18" Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WILL THIS LOOK TACKY?