G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

advice on buying please used G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
the reason why moonroof is removed is because it comes standard with the Premium package...and correct me if I'm wrong, to get the aero package, you have to have the premium package...or was that the sport package, which also needs the premium package....
not true you can buy the car base with Ether of those packages no need for premium

Old 05-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BadBoy06
save up a few more beans and go get an 05
is the 05 worth it? When you get into 05 20k mile area you probably come up to maybe.. 25k or so. Then you're only 5k from buying a decent 03 M3 SMG. Sweet.. sweet m3. but then again. That car gets replased in a couple months w/ a newer body style and engine.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by wes g
not true you can buy the car base with Ether of those packages no need for premium
he was asking why the moonroof option got unselected when he selected the Premium package, and I told him it's cuz it's part of the Premium package already...you can't be charge twice for a moonroof....but if you're saying that you can get a Premium withOUT a moonroof, then that's news to me..

Old 05-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
he was asking why the moonroof option got unselected when he selected the Premium package, and I told him it's cuz it's part of the Premium package already...you can't be charge twice for a moonroof....but if you're saying that you can get a Premium withOUT a moonroof, then that's news to me..
My bad I misunderstood

Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 AM
just fyi my 2005 with 15k miles (loaded auto) im selling to dealer for 27k

NJ

ppp

Old 05-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
just fyi my 2005 with 15k miles (loaded auto) im selling to dealer for 27k

NJ

ppp
actually thanks for the heads up on the price.

In this area. Central Pa. (slightly lower cost of living etc. than NJ). You're stil under dealer warranty though on your miles which gives cars a decent price boost to dealers. I'm trying not to go over 24k. The most amazing part is that the closet infinti dealership to me is 70 miles away. This was part of my decision to pick one up, because there are very very few Infiniti's in this area. Now I just need to find it. 04 or 05, 40k miles, black, auto, semi loaded (no nav, and dont need the 19's. I'll buy my own lightweight deep dish wheels.) Possibly look to lower by 1/4 an inch (as long as keep the springs close to oem stiffness)

Old 05-12-2007, 11:41 AM
btw. this forum is much more .. professional and polite than the ones I have dealt with in my days. I've been tunning cars for 10years and am a member of many forums, DSM, Probetalk, Honda-tech, clubRSX, FastMustang, SRTForum, e46forum, m3forum, etc. etc.. At least the type of car doesnt attract bratty little kids.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would recommend the 05+ years for the coupe, and 07 for the sedan. Here is a quick breakdown:

03-04: first years, has some problems with tranny, tire feathering, oil consumption. Stereo deck is fugy and is known to die without warning...who listens to cassettes anymore? Tires not 19's. Seat belt sucks. Good spoiler on the aero pkg

05: Most initial problems fixed (oil consumption, tire feathering). Upgraded to REV-Up motor with higher max RPM- more HP. Good stereo deck. Seat belt sucks. Good spoiler on the aero pkg

06-07 (coupe) For the most part, the same as the 05's. Rear active steering. Seat belt partially fixed, blue tooth, seats more comfortable. Spoiler sucks (IMO) with the aero pkg.

07 (sedan) great engine! Interior redesigned-nice console unit, even without NAV. Dual exhaust. Horrible throttle feel, worst spoiler yet!

Old 05-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by DJPlayer
actually thanks for the heads up on the price.

In this area. Central Pa. (slightly lower cost of living etc. than NJ). You're stil under dealer warranty though on your miles which gives cars a decent price boost to dealers. I'm trying not to go over 24k. The most amazing part is that the closet infinti dealership to me is 70 miles away. This was part of my decision to pick one up, because there are very very few Infiniti's in this area. Now I just need to find it. 04 or 05, 40k miles, black, auto, semi loaded (no nav, and dont need the 19's. I'll buy my own lightweight deep dish wheels.) Possibly look to lower by 1/4 an inch (as long as keep the springs close to oem stiffness)
Why would you lower your car by 1/4 inch? You couldn't even tell.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by billg
Why would you lower your car by 1/4 inch? You couldn't even tell.
sorry typo. Actually 1 1/4 in. Something that will not drastically change the ride comfort of the car. I'll have to do more research b/c I love the look of the 19's but here about the horrible ride and road noise from the wheels. Always a compromise between ride quality and exterior looks.

I found an amazing deal on a 350z with a badly chipped up front bumber (easily replaced w/ aftermarket) and minor light scrathes on the body (wet sanding would take care of 90%). Price was I think.. 19k for a 2004 w/ 30k miles 350z touring. After a little research I realized that 350z just don't hold their value the same. I suppose merely because of being a 2 seater weekend joy car. I still think the g35 has a more sophisticated look anyways. Definately higher used price though. From my numbers usually about 15% higher than the 350z

Old 05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
back seats are worth it in the G.

I've been running the stock 19's and really dont know anything different... when i test drove the 335i i really didnt take any time to compare the ride difference only performance.

gl in your search man ! im sure you'll be able to find a G to your liking

ppp

Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned
btw. this forum is much more .. professional and polite than the ones I have dealt with in my days. I've been tunning cars for 10years and am a member of many forums, DSM, Probetalk, Honda-tech, clubRSX, FastMustang, SRTForum, e46forum, m3forum, etc. etc.. At least the type of car doesnt attract bratty little kids.

You haven't been around long enough on here.....

Also the 19's started in 05.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
is the 05 worth it? When you get into 05 20k mile area you probably come up to maybe.. 25k or so. Then you're only 5k from buying a decent 03 M3 SMG. Sweet.. sweet m3. but then again. That car gets replased in a couple months w/ a newer body style and engine.
well..its an 05 for a few beans more or an older m3?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:55 AM
The front wheels/tires wearing on the inside...but that was corrected by warranty for most of those vehicles...

The Sport Package was available starting in the 2005 model and after, and it includes the 19" Rays forged wheels, limited slip differential, sport tuned springs & shocks, and the orange stitching steering wheel. Unless if someone goes out and changes out his steering wheel, which i REALLY highly doubt they'll do and I haven't heard anyone going thru that trouble yet, that's pretty much the only sure way to know if has it or not.

other than the rims is the suspension worth it wats the diff?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by joe603
I would recommend the 05+ years for the coupe, and 07 for the sedan. Here is a quick breakdown:

03-04: first years, has some problems with tranny, tire feathering, oil consumption. Stereo deck is fugy and is known to die without warning...who listens to cassettes anymore? Tires not 19's. Seat belt sucks. Good spoiler on the aero pkg

05: Most initial problems fixed (oil consumption, tire feathering). Upgraded to REV-Up motor with higher max RPM- more HP. Good stereo deck. Seat belt sucks. Good spoiler on the aero pkg

06-07 (coupe) For the most part, the same as the 05's. Rear active steering. Seat belt partially fixed, blue tooth, seats more comfortable. Spoiler sucks (IMO) with the aero pkg.

07 (sedan) great engine! Interior redesigned-nice console unit, even without NAV. Dual exhaust. Horrible throttle feel, worst spoiler yet!
did they change the look of the seats?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: advice on buying please used G35