G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fujitsubo Exhaust PICS n AVI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Fujitsubo Exhaust PICS n AVI

Contact Gruppe-S and ask them what's up? I can't answer that, but to my kunderstanding the two system have got to be slightly diferent , due to the fact the G's a little longer than the Z. It would only make sense, the two have diferent systems. It could also be just the mid pipe thats diferent and the "axle-bacl" part, the same? I don't know? Price wise, the diference in price could have something to do with market demand, qty ordered from the manufacturer, dollar to yen exchange at the time of purchase, who knows? Lastly, the part numbers, maybe a type-o? Ask Gruppe-S....

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 01-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ducati, my friend...your ride is absolutely sick
That exhaust is beautiful...the workmanship on it is amazing!
I wish you lived closer to me so I could check it out in person!!!

Old 01-09-2004, 08:40 PM

Fujitsubo exhuast are one of the highest quality exhuast out there. I had one and was extremely happy with the build quality and the sound. Your car sounds sweet, how loud is it in the cabin?

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

Old 01-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

It's actually very quite in the cab and the low growl does not resonate inside at all. Very impressive! I had considered the B&B system, but that thing is loud as a **** and even worse, the interior noise is obnoxious!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 01-09-2004, 09:13 PM

ducatiguy, do you think the B&B is the loudest exhaust available for the coupe?

Old 01-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Its not the loudest, but its up there. The one "moog" posted up, I think its called the Pro-1, that's louder, and I can only imagine what that sounds like inside your car....

Old 01-09-2004, 10:38 PM

thank-you

Old 01-09-2004, 11:06 PM

Fujitsubo or Borla? which would you suggest?

Old 01-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

Jspec...

Here's something I posted just recently....

I was all gung ho about the Borla till I actually saw it and heard it first hand. I figured for $800 (what it was going for when it first was introduced) was an awesome price for a dual exhaust setup for the G (compared to the $1200+ Stillen system), but after seeing and hearing it, I wouldn't pay half that amount for it. Plainly put, Borla use to build some sweet system. They use to pay close attention to detail and construction, but lately it seems they're more interested in profits and slapping their systems on as many cars possible. The system looks like a pep-boys walker special. Its without a doubt the weakest in terms of eye-candy. The Borla also uses a two into one design being that its a single muffler system, unlike the Stillen which uses two mufflers, one per bank of the engine (which has always yielded better results in high performance applications).

Lastly the sound, when I first saw it and the guy started his G up, I was like - nice Borla tips you got, now where's the exhaust system? It sounds just like stock from start up to idle to even mid throttle, only after 4K does it come alive and give you a hint that hey there's a performance system under here. So I was turned off by the whole Borla system. For the majority of us whom are gonna spend the big bucks for an aftermarket system want not just look and power gains, but also that intimidating grunt, and I hate to say it, but the Borla doesn't got it...

To say the Borla is a "true dual" exhaust system, I think that statement is also false, unless Borla's muffler has two separate chambers inside, which I doubt very much. So in a sense its nothing more than just an "extended Y-pipe" into one muffler with dual exit.

The Fujitsubo is a single pipe into one, with dual exit muffler, just like the OEM setup, but the diameter used throughout the system is larger than stock, I believe it to be 3", but don't quote me on that.

I'm gonna lean twd the Fujitsubo and recommend it vs the Borla.

Old 01-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

A little "something something" ... LOL ... to be continued ...

Old 01-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn You!!!

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Nav - Aero - Trunk Mat
Injen CAI

Old 01-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Re: ujitsubo ExFhaust Install in LA

Well okay -- Ducatiguy , you have me convinced. Your past posts and this one are always right on. But I am mechanically-challenged and need to find installation in LA. Also, the box is so large that I need it shipped directly to installer. At the same time, think I'll get a Z-tube installed.
Anyone have suggestion of reliable shop, preferably on westside of LA.

03 DG coupe, grahite interior; 5AT; luxury and performance wheel packs (with chrome OEM wheels; clear corners; aluminum pedals

Old 01-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Yea maybe having the box shipped right to the installer is a good idea because its 70" long, 27" wide, and 13" deep.

Installation is a snap, but if you feel that it may be a little more than you can handle, leave it to the pros.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:01 PM

any videos of you actually moving? because it sounds a lot different than you revving it in place and you moving. well a vid of that would be great. thanks.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:22 PM

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] thanks ducatiguy. Now that's a nicer sound VTWIN dry clutch!! Sorry I didn't realize you have snow there and the duc was in hybernation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fujitsubo Exhaust PICS n AVI