G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fujitsubo Exhaust PICS n AVI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Fujitsubo Exhaust PICS n AVI

Today I got a chance to snap a few quick pics of the Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust system on my Coupe.

The system itself was a piece of cake to install, taking me about an hour if that in my garage with everyday hand tools. The instruction however are all in Japanese, so don't look to them for any help, but then again, the install is so easy, you really shouldn't have too.

The construction and quality of the system is excellent! Everything lined up and fit perfectly! The kit came with all the required gaskets and new hardware to mount it. Even the way it was packaged from the factory was impressive, and the box it came in was big enough to hold a refrigerator!

It may be hard to tell, but most of the system is polished to a mirror like finish. The tips are simple, clean and measure a hair over 4.5" in diameter. They really fill in the rear factory exhaust slots well and give the Coupe and even more aggressive look from the rear. They are without a doubt the biggest and baddest tips of any system out on the market today. No cheap rolled, or chrome sleeved edges here.

Lastly, the sound is beautiful! From start to idle, to part to mid throttle, its very well mannered. The sound is much lower in tone than that of the stock system, and it does not resonate to the inside which is common with many others at this tone level. Everything in terms of noise is kept outside, where it should be. Get on it a bit and its clear to see its not factory. At higher RPM's, it retains the G's infamous roar but with a little more "throatyness".

Here's a quick AVI clip of the exhaust system from start up to idle, to part to 3/4 throttle. I'll get my girlfriend to take some in action clips with the car in motion later this weekend...

http://www.ducatiguy.com/MVI_6262.AVI

Power wise, the system really did open up the engine quite a bit and thats mainly due to in part of the Fuji's larger diameter tubbing (vs stock) and properly balanced muffler. All in all, I'm very happy with the Fujitsubo system and I highly recomend it for those who are in the market for such and who dont want to spend over a grand.

Oh and by the way, I picked mine up from the guys over at Gruppe-S. Can't beat their service! Right there when you need them, and always more than happy to spend a minute or two answering any and all your questions and concerns you may have.

http://www.gruppe-s.com/

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fujitsubo Exhaust PICS n AVI

from that clip your car looks crazy low, the exhaust sounds so sweet, thanks for the clip

04, 6mt, Twilight Blue, Premium, Aero

Old 01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks nice, sounds nice, and for about $800-$900, not a bad choice.

You looking to get the Y-Pipe also?

Later

6MT Coupe, DG/G, Prem

Old 01-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

At the moment, no Y-Pipe as its pretty pricey. If I run into one here or there for a good price, I'll pick one up.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 01-09-2004, 03:14 PM

not bad.

Do you have sound clips of your duc [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]?

Old 01-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Well I didn't, but I gave it a crank just for you...
Excuse the mess...

http://www.ducatiguy.com/MVI_6265.AVI

Nothing like a cold winters start on a Duc to get the blood warmed up...

Old 01-09-2004, 03:48 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG DucMAn, I almost $hit my pants.
This is one bada$$ exhaust.

One question though, on the third picture, it looks like the pipe doesn't leave too much ground clearance.
Is it the pic that makes it look like that?

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Well, the pipe is larger than stock, but its mostly due to the camera angle I shot it at. The pipe is not much lower than where the stock pipe was.

Old 01-09-2004, 04:27 PM

Could you snap a picture directly looking at the back of the car. I want to see how large the actual tips are compared the the rear bumper.

Thanks.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Nav - Aero - Trunk Mat
Injen CAI

Old 01-09-2004, 04:55 PM

no clips will play *sigh*

Old 01-09-2004, 05:01 PM

Damn, after looking at the video clip it sounds so nice. From what I have heard of the old Injen Exhaust (before the redesign) it sounds really loud like a coffee can. I think it sounds a little better now since the tips are longer, that should mellow out the sound.

The only thing that I dont like about the Injen is that it seems as though the tips are small, almost looks like the tips are smaller than stock. While the Fujitsubo tips looks really big an hollow which seems like it would let the exhaust gases escape faster. And looks a lot nicer. Maybe they are a little too big?

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Nav - Aero - Trunk Mat
Injen CAI

Old 01-09-2004, 05:37 PM

What are the gains of this exhaust compared to the stillen and borla exhaust? I've heard that the fujitsubo is the same thing as the nismo exhaust, is this true?

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
1992 Jeep Cherokee Blk 5.5 RE lift /w 33s
AIM= bkchang79

Old 01-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Dan, the Fujitsubo systems tips are massive but not big enough so that it will make you say eww. It may not be the fanciest system because you wont see any chrome sleeves, and or rolled edges, but in my opinion, it's look transalates into one word - performance!

Old 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

I have a question for ya? Why on their website are the Z and the G exhust prices different by $100, but they both show the same part #?

Old 01-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Gain wise I'm not 100% sure on the exact figures, but there is a noticeable power increase, and I have read online that the system will add 5 to 6 HP to the rear wheels. Can I back that claim up with a dyno chart or anything, no, so I'm just gonna throw that at you and you can take it for what its worth. For the most part though, its a reasonable and very down to earth claim.

In looking at both the Nismo and the Fujitsubo, they do look very much alike. The only diference being the tips and that the Nismo includes the Y-Pipe, hence the reason why it'll cost ya over $1000.

I havent found any info to back up the claims that Fujitsubo makes the system for Nismo, but something to think about, Fujitsubo is one Japans largest manufacturer of aftermarket exhausts, so it wouldnt be of any surprise to me that they are building them for Nismo...

Here's a sound clip from Fujitsubo's website of the Legalis-R system on a Z....

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/imglib/sdra/sc_vol5/10.rm

There's also some talk, I believe its Japanese, so if anyone can transalate it, that would be great...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fujitsubo Exhaust PICS n AVI