2004 G35s auto (bone stock)
-----------------------------------
2002 s/c Accord V6 auto
so far best 1/4 mile - 13.9@101.8
coming soon: custom internals, cams, performance auto tranny w/LSD

Old 01-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: a audi TT wants to race me....

He should rip out the rear seat mattress too since the TT has no back seats. Then you can take out the carpeting, the cup holders, the arm rest, they all come out pretty easy. While he's at it he should get on Atkin that might shave couple more lbs off. You never see a fat driver on Speed network do you? :-)

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by cookielover on 01/14/04 09:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cookielover:
You left out the liposuction. And if he has a 5AT, might as well lose the left leg while he is at it, right?

The TT's all wheel drive grip off the line and the lighter weight create a formidable opponent for the four seater G in stock form. The TT is a good little car, and the mods you list tht he has make it even more so. Even with less hp and torque, you have a good match up. (Do it on a track, not the street. Just go for an open day and for a very few bucks you get to run a couple of quarter miles against him and you will both know, and you won't be breaking any laws or endangering bystanders.) Better yet, both of you sign up for a track day at a hopefully nearby track, get a driving course for half day, rent the transponder for lap times, and do some laps and see how you measure up there. You won't be swapping paint but you can learn a lot and have a great experience. Have fun.

Cpe 6MT/Aero/Prem/ATI/RT cats/Borla hdrs-catbcks/Nismo flywhl-cltch/TS-ECU/Tein flex EDFC/Stillen sways

Old 01-14-2004, 01:09 PM

LOL !!!!!

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 01-14-2004, 01:50 PM

Do it on the track man. Here's my shpeel being the only guy to own a japanese sport coupe in a group of friends that all drive mod'd audi's and VW's. The results you ask for depend on the following. If he has the setup you describe on the 225HP version (dual exhaust tips), which has a K04 turbo and I think a larger intercooler you will most likely get smoked with the mod's described.

Especially if you guys track it, as AWD (Only option on the 225HP model) can make big difference in the twisties. Even if you guys drag them on the strip quattro is great a getting good launches over RWD. IF however he has the 180HP model (single exahuast tip), with a K03 Sport Turbo and the mods you describe I would say on either the Track or the Strip it's a drivers race as he may be putting about the same HP to the wheel with his mods as you are stock.

If he has quattro it will be close but if it's FWD you can probably edge him out. Mostly it depends on the type and quality of his mod's. Audi's are notorious for producing alot of HP from even a single mod like a good chip from neuspeed so watch out. Just my 2 cents. Have fun. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 01-15-2004, 01:00 AM

"The TT225 comes with quattro only. Audi has NO RWD cars in production currently. Everything is Fronttrak (FWD) or quattro (AWD).

If he has a 225 w/chip on race gas and exhaust he is pushing ~260hp/265torq. I think he'd win."

What ya doin here HDClown? Ya stalking me?

Old 01-15-2004, 02:13 AM

"A diverter valve is Audi's and VW version of a blow off valve. Instead of release the excess air out, it recycle it back into the intake. Another thing...instead of hearing the "ching," you hear..."swoosh.""

Not just audi/VW use it a lot of manufacture use it as well...porsche uses it as well. So does the WRX. I guess most people associate diverter valves to venting back into the intake and blow off valves with venting into the air. Both does the same function, just releases air differently

Old 01-15-2004, 11:02 AM
WRAH

I'm not for racing so why don't you sit down and play a game of chess or something....

If you have to race.... who cares who wins, it not like you'd be losing to a Honda!!!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry

Old 01-15-2004, 11:42 AM

Dont even try I was in my cousin 225hp TT with mods, and it killed a 6spd coupe. It will burn you no matter what. The turbo with AWD and weight are a killing combo.

04 G35 Sedan Blk/Blk
Nissan Badges
Tein Basic(soon)

Old 01-15-2004, 12:11 PM

HA HA HA, bottm line, the G-coupe is better in every dept. Here in Cali, there are alot of audi tt, but ha ha ha. Why would you want to pay more $$$$ for an audi tt, when the G has more power, more interior room and looks damn awesome.

Audi is not bad, but I only laugh at how cramp the interior is and people paying more money for that little bitty car.

Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

HA HA HA, bottm line, the G-coupe is better in every dept. Here in Cali, there are alot of audi tt, but ha ha ha. Why would you want to pay more $$$$ for an audi tt, when the G has more power, more interior room and looks damn awesome.

Audi is not bad, but I only laugh at how cramp the interior is and people paying more money for that little bitty car.

<hr></blockquote>

I see more Gs on the 405 than I see TTs.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:29 PM

...went up against a TT.. left him behind from a rolling start...
I'm not sure what engine it was it had twin pipes.. I know this because I was behind him then he slowed down for me to catch up, then he started gassing it to challenge me, then I downshifted, we stayed together for about 2 seconds then I moved ahead.I

2003.5 5AT
<font color=black> Black/Willow Coupe </font color=black>
Premium Package
18" Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK