G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hate Crime (G35 vandalised.... ) =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007 | 09:09 AM
|
Hate Crime (G35 vandalised.... ) =(

How much do you guys estimate it's gonna cost to fix? I"m thinking of taking it to the dealer... my joint only has 42k miles on it, and I"m in a new area where I don't know any reputable shops... WWYD?

Damaged Glove Compartment

Trashed Interior

Old 07-26-2007 | 09:11 AM
Damn that sucks bro. Good luck with your repairs.

Old 07-26-2007 | 10:28 AM
that sucks.. but it could of been much worse... like slashed seats. If the damage is just around the doorhandle and key area.. i guess it would depend on if they damaged the components of the door handle and not just the body

Old 07-26-2007 | 11:24 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
That sucks and good luck with fixing it.

Old 07-26-2007 | 11:30 AM
that sucks bro.. good luck with the repairs.. check both dealer and private body shop.. I hate people who can't appreciate a good thing and leave it alone.. Don't be jealous cause we work hard for our $hit... I wanna tell ppl who even look funny at ppl with nice things.. go get a job and you can have it too.. Good luck again and I guess you gotta just be careful with where u leave the car..

Old 07-26-2007 | 01:02 PM
How did the bungholes break into your car? Hope you contacted the authorities to see if prints could've been lifted.

Old 07-26-2007 | 01:04 PM
sorry to see

unless im missing something i dont see damage to the interior... just the door?
also correct me if im wrong but it looks like they got into the key area to cause the windows to roll down, then got inside? looks more like they wanted to steal something than just hate (which would have meant keying, slashing interior, etc)

Old 07-26-2007 | 02:12 PM
don't let it get to you. that's what you buy insurance for...

btw, cops aren't gonna lift prints for a smash and grab like this.

where's the part about it being a hate crime? I don't get it...

Old 07-26-2007 | 02:23 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by civic4982
don't let it get to you. that's what you buy insurance for...

where's the part about it being a hate crime? I don't get it...
+1
+1
+10

Old 07-26-2007 | 02:31 PM
oh man.. sorry to see the break-in. low-life scum.

Old 07-26-2007 | 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by civic4982

Sucks to live in your community

Old 07-26-2007 | 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Sucks to live in your community
my community and police force is probably like the majority of others.

unless some real crime happens like an armed robbery in the car / if it was used for an attack on someone / if it was a pattern of car jackings in the area... i.e. a REAL crime, they won't be gathering prints.

you'll just get some dumbass beat cop to write it up and put it on file and that'll be it.

if you expect a detective to come out and investigate the crime then you're only kidding yourself.

the world isn't like your TV cop shows

Old 07-26-2007 | 11:15 PM
|
I just meant "hate" as in jealousy, more then anything I'm just mad at the whole thing. Nobody knows me in this neighborhood to hate on me.

Nah, the damage isn't that serious. The door, handle, and the lock as you see. By smashing the lock, it messed up the switch in the lock (the switch that opens the window when u turn the key in one direction, and closes it when u turn the key in the other). Now, whenever you take the key out the ignition, the windows automatically open. This is a ghetto fix, but I find that leaving in the key in the ignition, and disconnecting the battery must reset something that stops the windows from rolling down when the key is taken out the ignition after. So until I get it fixed, no window opening.

Oh I think the window is off the rail too cuz i makes a wierd noise when rolling up and down. Lastly, the glove compartment is broken. The hinges that hold the glove compartment are damaged. It's not bad, but with use, it'll eventually break. Something I should replace sooner then later.

I was really pissed when I first saw it, and when I saw the finger prints, I Was all excited I thought they would do something... but I paid a trip to the police department this morning. They tried to lift the prints, and they said it was just smudges... But even if the prints were good, I doubt the police would have done anything. And to be honest, I rather have the cop arrest a rapist then someone that broke into my car and stole $30 bluetooth headset...

Well, either way, I'm not too worried about it. It could have been much worse, the car could have been keyed allllll around, windows could have been broken, etc... etc... ****, the whole car could have been gone! lol

I do have insurance, but I think the damage is just small enough for me to pay out of pocket.

You guys think I'll have to replace the whole door? or just the locks... how much do u think this will run me? I'm thinking in low $1100....

Old 07-27-2007 | 12:54 AM
damn man, im sorry to see this. But like someone said before, it could have been a lot worse. The price really depends what was messed up in the door when they broke in..

Old 07-27-2007 | 01:05 AM
I don't get what brings people to do **** like that... Seriously. Whoever did it needs to die in a fire asap.

Even if someone just purposely dinged your car or something small, seriously,... die? What the hell is the point of messing up other peoples things? People suck. Sorry, I just hate stupid people who don't deserve to live. Heh.

Who's got the dirty hands btw? lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hate Crime (G35 vandalised.... ) =(