G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else's seat squeak??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else's seat squeak??

I have 10,000 miles on my coupe and my driver's seat is squeaking like crazy. It happened all at once. Wasn't a gradual thing. I only weigh 160 lbs so I know it's not because of my weight wearing it out. It's VERY embarrassing to have someone get in my $35,000 car and hear my seat squeak like this.

Does anyone else have this problem? Should this be covered under warranty? To me, the only way to fix it would be to replace the seat.

Old 01-25-2004, 04:58 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Anyone else's seat squeak??

Oh god yes, mine has done it since day one but it went away for a few months. Now it's back but much worse. I have to take it in but the thought of arguing with the service manager has held me back so first I have to find another dealer to get it fixed. It is frustrating though I know exactly what you mean.

Old 01-25-2004, 06:09 PM

yep noticed it too. i'm at 4500 miles, weight the same as you. i think it's because of the cold weather here though. usually below zero - 5 degrees farenheight in the morning. I noticed the squeaking goes away a bit after the car's interior warms up but there's still some squeaking. yeah it's emarassing since i carpool with friends. i tried finding where it squeaks by having a friend sit and wiggle/jump while my ear's searching everywhere. had a can of grease. couldn't really find it that way. noticed squeaking only happens when driving it.

Old 01-25-2004, 06:33 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

me too, although for me the squeaks occur on opposite turns.

lets say i make a hard-right corner, the next time i make a left turn, i will hear a squeak. It seems as if the seat, or something close below, is shifting left to right and vice versa, only when i make turns or go over large bumps.

I have an appointment on wed. to get it looked at by the service guys at the dealership.

I remember hearing about seat-squeak complaints back in october but never really looked too hard into it... too lazy to use the "search" button up top [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] haha

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 01-26-2004, 09:36 AM

Mine doesn't squeak...it rocks. Literally...this oil change, I'll be having Infiniti of BR deal with it!!

And hey Kyle...sorry I've been incommunicado...new house and I ditched my job--y'all get any openings where you're at??

BASIC BLACK

Old 01-26-2004, 09:44 AM

My seat started squeaking about a week after I bought it. I took the car in Friday to get the first oil change and told the service advisor about the noise. They told me they were going to replace the seat bracket under warranty. Hopefully this fixes the problem. It is such an annoying sound. I will let you guys know if the seat bracket replacement cured the problem.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my seat started to squeek at 10,000 miles... taking it to the dealer this wednesday...

Old 01-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHAHAH! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Mine has been squeaking since 10,000. Two attempts and my dealership has yet to fix it. They said they oiled up the tracks and that took care of the problem. Sure it did. *rollseyes*

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 01-26-2004, 05:33 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that my squeaking seat is caused by the springs in it and NOT the track. I'll probably wait til a few of you bring in your cars and then post the results [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Ryan.......I don't think I'm taking my car to Infiniti of Baton Rouge anymore. I'll probably be taking it to Cresent City Infiniti in Metairie from now on. And no we don't have any openings where I work that I know of. Why did you quit the offshore thing?

Old 01-27-2004, 09:44 AM

I got my car back yesterday and the squeaking is gone. The dealership replaced the seat bracket. It also cured the seat rocking issue.

04 DG Coupe
350Z Intake Tube
JWT Pop-charger (on the way)

Old 01-27-2004, 09:51 AM

geebus... anouther squeek, rattle, or strange sound to look forward too. I just went over 2000 miles yesterday. Something in the roof/skylight buzzes slightly when I max the radio, but I don't do that on a regular basis so I'll wait on that.

Someone should make a combined 'noises' thread where they can all be documented.

'04 Red/willow 5a, all but navi

Old 02-20-2004, 11:39 AM

mine started squeeking this week...27K miles...what did you tell them when you went in...? what did they say...? was it any easy fix...?

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 02-20-2004, 01:14 PM

I have had my seat rails replaced twice in 13k miles because my seat was rocking. It was pivoting on the tilt adjustment hinge. The seat was also squeking the second time I brought it in. Dealer told me that part of the rail was cracked the second time and wanted to know what I was doing in the car to get that to happen. I weight in at just under 270 so I just figured that the seat couldn't handle all my weight shifting around on breaking and acceleration. Odd though the seat in my old eclipse never had this problem. I figure that if I keep bringing in my car for new seat rails every 5k miles then infiniti will get the idea and make the seats stonger.

G35 Coupe 6MT w/ PP & Aero
DG w/ Graphite Leather

Old 02-21-2004, 01:11 PM

I have a squeak coming from my door. I have pinned it to where the arm rest attaches to the door itself, right by the window controls. It does it at high radio volumes with lots of bass. I am hoping that installing a subwoofer will take away some of the bass from that speaker and solve this, but otherwise dealer here i come. ALso, my center console squeaks when i put weight on it and take it off. That and my ash tray squeaks if open (I keep my phone in it when driving). Anyone else have these squeaks or any positive stories about getting them fixed.

My $25k Maxima didn't squeak this much until it had 60k miles on it!!!

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

2004 G35 coupe - 4150K high/fogs - more to come

Old 02-22-2004, 06:55 AM

The seat is fine, but I definitely need to bed the Brembo's. SSSQQQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK.

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR/Willow/Premium/Aero/Splash/BSM
30% Lumar Tint, Invinca Shield (C-Bra),
Z-Tube & JWT Pop Charger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else's seat squeak??