G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Premium Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Premium Package

OK, is the dual-zone climate control, garage door opener, and auto dimming mirror really worth an extra 1200. I know it comes with the Bose System but I rather just get an aftermarket system installed and stick with the sunroof. Please, thoughts from anyone who has or debated getting the premium package.

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Re: Premium Package

its a must have. dual zone climate control, autodimming mirror, and homelink are just so convenient. u can still swap out the bose system if you dont want it too.

2003 G35 Coupe - Ivory Pearl w/ Willow Interior - Premium Package - Sport Package - Tinted Windows

Old 01-31-2004, 12:34 PM

Yes and No. Dual-Zone climate Control drives me crazy. Everytime my wife gets in the car, she fiddles with it. When she gets out, I fiddle with it, to equalize them. Autodimming mirror and Homelink - most defenitly. Your forgot Auto on/off headlamps, another big yes. Bose, not the best stereo I've had, but not that bad. If I could have ordered the premium without the Bose, I would have, and added an after market system. But, I'll leave the stereo alone.

Lou

Old 01-31-2004, 12:45 PM

Your problem with the Premium will come when you swap out the stereo, you have to get that double din opening with the separate AC control panel. That panel doesnt have the ability to make the climate dual and you will have to use the old board and solder a piece from that board onto the new one. Unless you know what your doing or get someone else to do it for you for the stereo install, the dual climate will not utilized. If you do the stereo swap yourself without knowing how to solder that chip that gets the dual climate to work, wasted money.

I'm getting just the sunroof on my 6mt and doing the stereo swap myself as well.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:48 PM

Is there a way if I get the Premium package to swap out the Bose at the dealer with the standard one and get discounted?

Old 01-31-2004, 04:34 PM
G SQUAD

I think its worth it. The auto dimming mirror is pretty helpful at times

Old 01-31-2004, 04:46 PM
WRAH

Prem pkg. I'm going to be honest here. I love sunroofs a must have. In a car this low to the ground, the auto dim mirror is great. Auto off lights, I don't have a like or dislike towards, I manualy control mine anyway. The dual zone is ok, though I wish it had some kind of memory. The bose system is better than most. I do love the bose writing on those speakers!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry

Old 01-31-2004, 05:12 PM

Bose quality is OK or bad depending on what you listen to. Everything else is a must, especially if you want your car to be complete. My favorite is the Homelink on the mirror, and the auto off headlights.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 01-31-2004, 05:44 PM

When I ordered my car (should get it in a week or two!), I originally wanted it without the Premium package and only the sunroof as the little extras weren't a big deal to me. However, I ended up getting the Premium package for only one reason, I could get the car sooner. It also increases resale value, but I have no plans to sell my car anytime soon.

Old 01-31-2004, 07:02 PM

me, i ordered mine sunroof only.
based on previous cars, the 160 watt stereo would be fine with me. plus, many posters have spoken about disappointment with the bose.
garage door opener? auto lights on off? no biggie for me.

i've had the dual zone before, passenger fiddling with, me later adjusting, plus, it's a small car anyway.

personal preference. money wasn't the issue, but there wasn't anything i really wanted. now, on some bmw's, sunroof, leather, wood trim are part of it, so there i would get it.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 01-31-2004, 07:12 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can spend it without taking a hit, get it. The auto-dimming mirror and built-in remote is pretty handy. I have two garages and my front gate programmed in, so no need to clip on remotes. Auto on/off is pretty handy. Turn on the car, they come on. Starts to rain? They come on. Dusk? On they come. No conscious thought required [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Auto-dimming mirrors rock, too, especially with all those godforsaken H2s running around.

I'm in a sedan, so the Bose is fine, but my understanding is that the coupe's ranges from sub-par to excellent, depending on what you listen to. That's key.

Dual-zone? I like my AC on all the time with cold air, and my passangers often get chilly, so now my shotgunner can just set his/her temp up and we're all happy. I like it.

Sunroof- to me it's a must, as my cars have to have a sunroof or be convertible. On a nice day, it's just a little something extra.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 02-01-2004, 01:51 PM

Although I haven't received my car yet, I initially didn't want the premium package because I didn't see the value considering the price of it. So, I ordered the base model and my one local dealer wouldn't budge from MSRP, like most dealerships in the country. When Grubbs offered the VPP pricing to FreshAlloy members, I cancelled my order and purchased a Coupe with Leather and Premium for a price that was less than the base model without leather and Premium. Since I am leasing, the extras add to the residual value which lowered my monthly payment. It was a no-brainer of a decision.

2004 Coupe/DG/5AT/Premium on order...Is it here yet?

Old 02-01-2004, 05:07 PM
WRAH

You ordered though Grubbs and got VPP from freshalloy??? Are you a true VPP???

Grubbs is great!!!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry

Old 02-01-2004, 11:22 PM

No, I'm not a true VPP, but as you can see I was eligible for the VPP pricing since I was a member of FreshAlloy in 2003 and purchased from Grubbs in January. It will arrive at my doorstep in about a week. 2004 Coupe with Leather and Premium for $31,788. How could any other dealer beat that? All of the dealerships that are sticking to their "MSRP Only" mantra is selling the base model for $32K out the door. Like I said, it was a "no-brainer" decision.

2004 Coupe/DG/5AT/Premium on order...Is it here yet?

Old 02-02-2004, 03:27 AM

If possible, get it WITHOUT the premium package. I got mine with only sunroof and I have never looked back. I know some of the features could be useful to others but to me, not worth extra $1k.

Dual climate: I drive my car 90% by myself, so this is obviously no need. Also let's face it, the G35c interior is not that big to justify the use of dual climate control. My other car has dual climate control and I hardly ever use it

Auto dim mirror: I got my rear window tinted to 20% (as most other G35c drivers do), so I have no need for this. In fact, I never tilted my rear view mirror at night because the tinted glass does the job

Bose: Before I bought my car, I compared the Bose with the stock carefully. At stand still with engine off, the Bose sounded slightly better with more detail and better controlled base. But with engine on and car moving, not much difference to justify the cost. To me, the stock stereo is good enough. I was going to get some aftermarket stereo or sub-woofer, but I decided not to put anything in the way of enjoying the sweet exhaust note

2003 G35 Coupe auto
Ivory Pearl & Black Interior
Sunroof / 18" Performance Pkg
Aftermarket rear wing / Nismo Pedal / K&N filter / PIAA 8000K Spark fog light / 20%R, 35% RS, 50%F Tint

181549-b.JPG