http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2457562740

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Vandalized White Coupe on ebay

Wow. Is that really enough damage for an insurance co. to total the car? Am I overlooking something? Seems like the interior could be fixed with replacing stuff. I guess it all adds up!?!?

Old 02-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poor car...

Old 02-01-2004, 05:43 AM

It might have been stolen and then recovered. Maybe that's why they totaled it?

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem,

Old 02-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

speaking of vandalizing...I was thinking why would another G owner vandalize another G owner by taking their clear corners or anything else for that matter....Lets face it...if you can afford $35+ for the car is another $50-80 going to break you...just go buy your own parts and put them on...makes not a bit of sense IMO....I plan to put my corners on shortly...and now wonder if I have to follow ducatiguy's advise and install them with the lock system!!! really makes me feel like this society has gone to the dogs.....anyway, pardon my venting...seeing that car reminded me to post this....thanks 2old4this

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/sport wheel pkg/clear corners and Piaa's waiting to be installed (and hopefully not stolen!)

Old 02-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Deep Sea Moderator

I don't think g owners are stealing the clear corners.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest Monitors Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 09:53 AM

They have it listed as a 4 cycl. and can't spell Infiniti under the description.

2003 Black Coupe
Premium Package, Aero package, 35% Tint

Old 02-01-2004, 10:27 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

speaking of vandalizing...I was thinking why would another G owner vandalize another G owner by taking their clear corners or anything else for that matter....Lets face it...if you can afford $35+ for the car is another $50-80 going to break you...just go buy your own parts and put them on...makes not a bit of sense IMO....I plan to put my corners on shortly...and now wonder if I have to follow ducatiguy's advise and install them with the lock system!!! really makes me feel like this society has gone to the dogs.....anyway, pardon my venting...seeing that car reminded me to post this....thanks 2old4this

<hr></blockquote>

I really don't think any G owner would do something to another G. Most thieves take the corners to sell them on ebay that's all - just plain all low life scumbags who want to make some money instead of getting a real job.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 11:38 AM

If it was a 6mt it would be a perfect project car..because you know you will replace mostly everything thats damaged except the (windows) and ud save 15gs thats FI + sum more mods (wheels, body kit,..etc)

Old 02-01-2004, 11:42 AM

Those are some very sad pictures. It's hard to imagine the type of person who would do such a malicious thing, presumably for "fun". Sigh...

Old 02-01-2004, 12:11 PM

Major bummer.... poor car.

Possibly a pi**ed off girlfriend getting even? I had a friend who's girlfriend was not a happy camper with him and when she got done it cost him $4000 for a new paint job on his 8 month old Z28. The funny part... he ended up marrying her!

HIS: 04 G35 Cpe 5AT, DPlat, Perf & Prem Pack, Grounding Gear, Z tube, K&N Filter, Alba Wheels, ClearBra
HERS: 04 G35 Sedan 5AT, I Pearl, Perf & Prem Pack, Rage Wheels, K&N Air filter, Sat radio

Old 02-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry guys...I might have spoke too soon....I really didn't think that there was a big market for thieves regarding our clear corners...I agree any one who vandalizes personal property is a low life....it just pisses me off the mentality of people ....if someone could be so clever to profit by stealing..imagine how well they could do for themselves in the legitimate business world....I assume it takes a lot more effort to sneak around and steal in such a quantity to profit to any large extent....I used to be scared sh#t to leave my I35 in a parking lot because of people ripping out the Xenon lights...my friend had a maxima and two times they pryed out his lights and screwed up his hood and grill....each time it set him back $3500.00...I mean damn....what next? any way I go back and apologize if I did indeed offend any G owners...I think were all united by a common thread....one terrific automobile!!!!!2old 4this

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners and Piaa's waiting to be installed...sigh!

Old 02-01-2004, 11:48 PM

oh $hit. Someone must of been really pissed off, the seller says "paint can thru the front window." looks more like the indention of a Louisville slugger. I also think it was a pissed off girlfriend, or a pisssed boyfriend who found out she was a chickenhead...

04 DG Coupe, Prem Package, Aero

Old 02-02-2004, 04:47 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

In addition to following ducatiguy's DIY clear corner anti-theft wire thingy, I have also thought about etching on the back of the CC my license plate number and the phase,

"Stolen auto part, please report this theft to police"

How many people who would potentially buy these stolen parts unknowingly and who would actually report it, I don't know. Hopefully I wouldn't have to find out.
What do you guys think?
Might actually catch some idiot thiefs who try to sell it on ebay since the sale would have a record of transaction....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vandalized White Coupe on ebay